The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 02:45:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: DRM Revival Mod  (Read 4423 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 09:00:43 PM +0100 »

LOL, the Capris are very much not the same, you may not like them
but they are very good.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 05:44:02 PM +0100 »

I think the next series with these will be good, might attract some new faces as I guess these things will be very popular and people will want to race them in a series.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 05:45:14 AM +0100 »

But i am crying . Because of many reason..  Cry

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 08:39:00 AM +0100 »

But i am crying . Because of many reason..  Cry

Eh?  Huh

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2018, 09:06:00 AM +0100 »

But i am crying . Because of many reason..  Cry

Eh?  Huh
It was just morning emotion  Smiley
So, for me in two words:
- Mod. Unknown car phisics author ( for me). Unknown testers.. So, Black box which need a lot of time to test each car before creating a champ IMO.
- Not balanced cars. Lap time will be not compliant with car loving\choice in some cases.
- It all brings to me: I prefer monoclass for racing.

My own problems:
- 15 euros...
- manual gear shifting/ Again I will be not competitible in races with my paddles.
- changed GB local time brings some additional problems for me.
But incoming cars is interesting for me. I remember a Lancia from Great Dirt Rally with H-shifter and loved her a lot  Wink
But hope in good things ) Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 09:09:20 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2018, 09:13:47 AM +0100 »

- Mod. Unknown car phisics author ( for me). Unknown testers.. So, Black box which need a lot of time to test each car before creating a champ IMO.

The mod is already pretty old and is converted to AC. The previous version was very good and well received, so I think the physics will be safe.

- Not balanced cars. Lap time will be not compliant with car loving\choice in some cases.

This is also worrying to me, the cars also have different configurations, so there will be a lot of variations. I just hope they will be equal over a whole season.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 10:50:25 AM +0100 »

Yeah the BoP is often a problem with these car sets. In the real world variations in power get balanced out by other factors over a race distance by fuel consumption, reliability, tyre wear, aero etc but as we often only run sprint lengths those traits don’t have an effect.  Undecided

Bet it’s a mighty cool looking grid though  Cool

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 11:03:54 AM +0100 »

Yeah the BoP is often a problem with these car sets. In the real world variations in power get balanced out by other factors over a race distance by fuel consumption, reliability, tyre wear, aero etc but as we often only run sprint lengths those traits don’t have an effect.  Undecided

Bet it’s a mighty cool looking grid though  Cool

Can't judge yet how unbalanced they different brands are, but what might be an idea, is to allow configuration changes that some cars have during the season.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 11:57:21 AM +0100 »

I guess as long as we keep to cars/variants of similar age they should be reasonably closer, as I think the mod set covers about 10 years of racing  Undecided

Did you check the mod features part of their website? Some pretty cool touches  Smiley
I’ll be buying it, only the cost of 3 pints these days.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 12:30:58 PM +0100 »

I guess as long as we keep to cars/variants of similar age they should be reasonably closer, as I think the mod set covers about 10 years of racing  Undecided

Ugh, for real. Why can't it ever be easy  Tongue

Did you check the mod features part of their website? Some pretty cool touches  Smiley
I’ll be buying it, only the cost of 3 pints these days.

The dirty car touch looks good.

Does anybody know how long the real life races were back in the day?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 01:29:26 PM +0100 »

I was slightly wrong, it covers 1976-82 so 6 years  Tongue

Race lengths were generally counted by distance like the 1000km of Spa or Monza or 12hrs of Sebring, 6hrs of mugello  etc
Look up ‘ world championship for makes’ which included these grp 4&5 cars

Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2018, 02:02:59 PM +0100 »

I think the next series with these will be good, might attract some new faces as I guess these things will be very popular and people will want to race them in a series.

Big OT: my dream is a F1 season '67 with Lotus 49.
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2018, 03:30:11 PM +0100 »

Yeah, agree. Some years ago I've done one lotus 49 champ and it was best feelings for me from all old cars. Smiley
Big OT closed  Grin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:35:55 PM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2018, 03:39:26 PM +0100 »

Yeah, agree. Some years ago I've done one lotus 49 champ and it was best feelings for me from all old cars. Smiley
Big OT closed  Grin

Great!
The Lotus 49 in AC changed on version 1.5 of the game. In AC, before to 1.5 game version, the car was quite understeering, with "little steering", and relatively friendly with the back. She was not very fast. So i used to harden the rear and softened the front to have at least a little oversteering.
After AC 1.5 the Lotus 49 has become much faster, with more grip at the front and the rear very slippery. The back seems really light. The car is quite dangerous and highly oversteering. So i acted on the set-up in the opposite way; even if i have not yet understood it well.

NB: sorry for OT.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2018, 03:56:12 PM +0100 »

I'll see how this DRM mod comes out and I'll keep the lotus as alternative when the DRM becomes a bad idea.
Was also considering the Alfa, but I found that a bit lackluster to drive Embarrassed

Feel free to post car or track suggestions in the related threads, gives me a good idea what will be popular or not and then there will be less chance of me missing it. Smiley.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:58:05 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com