The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 04:59:45 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: DRM Revival Mod  (Read 4424 times)
Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 04:51:05 PM +0100 »

Big OT: my dream is a F1 season '67 with Lotus 49.
Yeah, agree. Some years ago I've done one lotus 49 champ and it was best feelings for me from all old cars. Smiley
Big OT closed  Grin
Ouuuch guys , Fabri . My memory fault... It was a Lotus 72D times for me... angel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 05:46:02 PM +0100 »

Yeah, agree. Some years ago I've done one lotus 49 champ and it was best feelings for me from all old cars. Smiley
Big OT closed  Grin
Ouuuch guys , Fabri . My memory fault... It was a Lotus 72D times for me... angel

Lotus 72 is more stable and easy to drift.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 06:14:45 PM +0100 »

I was also thinking about the 72. I can remember the 49 being a handful, which is why I went for the 25 at the time.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 06:16:48 PM +0100 »

I'll see how this DRM mod comes out and I'll keep the lotus as alternative when the DRM becomes a bad idea.
Lotus 49 Vs Fez 312 surely?

Was also considering the Alfa, but I found that a bit lackluster to drive Embarrassed

I fear you may be missing your soul Shocked

Joking aside I still think the Formula Easter cars would make for an epic open wheel championship on here - I've spent a fair bit of time on them and they have similar laptimes while all handling differently - only one car is that much quicker and would need to be kept away from the fast boys. I think there are about 7 cars/variants now, maybe more...
Try a race at bikernieki Wink
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 07:05:51 PM +0100 »

It is no possible do 49 vs 312, because Ferrari is 1,5-2 seconds slower. If it is the '67 season, i vote for the 49, most iconic car.
PorcoRosso86

Magnesium Team

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 07:09:17 PM +0100 »

I think the next series with these will be good, might attract some new faces as I guess these things will be very popular and people will want to race them in a series.

+1
and 312 too

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 07:39:12 PM +0100 »

Please continue the 49 and 312 talk here: www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14511.90
 Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 02:28:41 PM +0100 »

back on topic  Tongue

I just bought it and downloading now.  Smiley Doubt i'll get a chance to try it out with all the epic sport on today !  Shocked  but will try and do a few laps if I cant resist!  Grin

1.66gb download  Shocked

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 03:42:41 PM +0100 »

Bought this Friday and have spent yet a few more hours trying to get a decent feel out of my DFGT and giving the 1H Porsche (or whatever they call it) a decent test around Spa ie 25/30 laps. I also gave the Moby Dick Porsche a few laps for a very rough comparison.

Unfortunately I still can't get any sense of feeling in AC. The front of the cars just feel dead to me as if there are no tyres connecting to the road surface and I just have the feeling of vague weight transfer through the wheel which gives me no sense of being in control or any clue about the grip available.

I've tried researching ffb for my wheel and seem to be using similar settings to those I found were recommended. Frustrating as I get a really good feel in Raceroom. I just come to the conclusion that AC and DFGT wheels don't work but if anyone has any advice (short of changing my wheel) I'll gladly give it a try.

As for the mod, I can't fairly judge the driving but some of the graphics are no better than rFactor  thumbdown

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 04:12:14 PM +0100 »

Shame your still not getting feel from your wheel in AC, as know you like your historics racing. It must be an Ffb controller issue. I don't much about your wheel, is it a cheapy one? Have you tried the ffbclip app?

Regarding tyre feel, don't forget these are on slicks and will take at least 3 laps to get upto temperature, possibly more. A few reviews mention taking time to get a feel for lack of grip/feel until you've done a longer sesh.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 05:51:24 PM +0100 »

There is a FFB app in the game, when in the car that allows you to tune other levels than those in the standard controller options.

Every game has differing FFB sadly. I normally find increasing the strength is my first change, i need to feel the weight change through the wheel, though this normally means getting massive spikes through from kurbs etc.

Sounds like your planning on using this mod for the next series?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 07:22:57 PM +0100 »

I just tried the bmw csl winged monster for a few laps of nurb gp. All installed okay and car felt good as far as I could tell with only 5 laps on default setup. Car sounded good and looked good from cockpit and external replay, with a good bmw screamer engine sound.
I was a bit disappointed to see the AI can’t seem to drive them as they were queued up at t1. Not sure if that applies to all tracks. I was hoping to see the other monsters in action as I drove around and have some ai races .

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 03:15:20 PM +0100 »

Any further comments on these yet? Do I fork out some cash or not?
I've read that some of the complaints about the models are going to be addressed in the future which over-rides some of the complaints against the mod.
Given that the rest of the complaints centre either on sound or on the cars being hard to drive because they need to warm up before being driven fast Roll Eyes I'm edging towards a buy..
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 04:58:57 PM +0100 »

A friend of mine has this mod. For him it is really incomplete in all aspect, atm.

I'm not interested in those car, and in any case, this mod comes from rfactor (in some cockpits this is so evident).
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2018, 07:28:47 PM +0100 »

They have promised updates so hopefully any issues will be resolved. I haven't had a chance to try any more cars yet, will report my findings when I do.

Also... Cool
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/drm-revival-real-skin-pack.149320/

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/drm-revival-real-in-game-names.149580/

splendid  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com