by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 10:37:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 19956 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2015, 01:12:08 PM +0000 »

I think I stated somewhere earlier that there would be no car restrictions for the F1 1967 series. I am beginning to change my mind about that. A more likely scenario will be the first five races being free choice and the remaining six races being handicapped.
I am still testing the cars out so nothing is written in stone yet.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2015, 05:12:30 PM +0000 »

I can now confirm that handicapping will commence from race six onwards.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2015, 05:19:13 PM +0000 »

Original post updated. Now includes update link for Honda RA300 only.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2015, 10:17:36 PM +0000 »

Is this a real 67' Fi sim or does it dumb everything down so that they are all easy to drive and all feel like a Renault Alpine in PnG? 

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2015, 12:07:50 AM +0000 »

Is this a real 67' Fi sim or does it dumb everything down so that they are all easy to drive and all feel like a Renault Alpine in PnG? 

Hmm, perhaps you would be the best judge of that. For me it delivers a fast, visually entertaining sim mod. But others may/will disagree.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2015, 05:32:03 AM +0000 »

Hmm, perhaps you would be the best judge of that. For me it delivers a fast, visually entertaining sim mod. But others may/will disagree.

LOL  Thanks Tony.

Well when I first did GPL it took me 20 minute to get out of the pits at Monza with all the wheels still in place!

I shall wait and see what Evil makes of it. 

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2015, 10:45:09 AM +0000 »

Copy files in to your Honda RA300 folder allowing to overwrite existing files.

Just to be clear Tony, the readme says install in GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\. There are two cars in the Honda file the RA300 & the RA273. The update seems to apply to both cars so therefore it appears it should go in the GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\ folder not the GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\RA300 folder. Is this correct?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:23 AM +0000 »

Just to be clear Tony, the readme says install in GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\. There are two cars in the Honda file the RA300 & the RA273. The update seems to apply to both cars so therefore it appears it should go in the GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\ folder not the GTL\Gamedata\Teams\F1-1967\Honda\RA300 folder. Is this correct?
Hi Geoffers. I thought it was just for the Honda RA300 but I will check with the developers. I'll post here once it's clarified.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2015, 12:04:05 PM +0000 »

Clive being positive again  Roll Eyes  It's all too much.

Well, my opinion, for what it's worth... is:   these are really really good, it's been a longgg time since I ran GPL so
time clouds things, but for me these things are amazing, most have a heavy back end and some like the Brabhams
have too harsh engine braking for my driving style. They generally handle more like a nutter 911 than a placid A110
I particularly enjoy the older Cooper - T79? and the older Ferri, those two are very chuckable. Two of the most
enjoyable sim driving cars I have driven. For pace, so far my fave is the newer Honda, which is much more competitive
than the GPL version was. And the sound of many of them is very raw and adds to the high engagement level that they have.

Not tried the Mac or the Locusts yet, but so far I am lovin it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:06:15 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2015, 03:38:13 PM +0000 »

Hi Geoffers. I thought it was just for the Honda RA300 but I will check with the developers. I'll post here once it's clarified.
The developers have confirmed that this is indeed an update for BOTH Honda models. The readme and title of the original download have now been revised to reflect this. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:32 PM +0000 »

Hi Tony,

I can see a possible problem with this upcoming series. I have just done an off line race at Goodwood which included practice, qualifying and the race. I used the McLaren. I have noted qualifying times and saved my race video for performance reference to help me choose a competitive car for future races. The McLaren seemed pretty quick.  eek

With AI opposition driving I noticed that the cars could be roughly divided into three groups looking at the qualification times. The slowest were certainly no match for the quickest. Maybe humans and aliens driving would make a difference.  wheelchair alien

I think this is a great mod.  It would be nice to see all the cars used in the races. I guess your challenge is to invent a formula where this might happen.   chef Good luck.

This mod IMO take classic car sim-racing to the next level of difficulty.  Can’t wait for the series to start and the chance to make an idiot of myself.  drool Roll Eyes
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:57 PM +0000 »

I think you've hit upon the answer yourself. AI can not be compared to human drivers. The first proper series will be a test of comparitive performance and may throw up some suprises.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2015, 06:57:07 PM +0000 »

The developers have confirmed that this is indeed an update for BOTH Honda models. The readme and title of the original download have now been revised to reflect this. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

OK cheers Tony.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2015, 01:24:13 PM +0000 »

Original post updated (Item 6) to include Tyre pressure update fix.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2015, 04:44:44 PM +0000 »

I finally sorted my XD not working.

1: Installing the latest DX9 won't work in Win10 because it refuses to do it. I had to install the complete DX9 redistributable SDk
2: I had to get the latest version of XD

And now, I have XD in all my installs  Grin

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com