by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 12:09:30 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 19935 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 01:45:27 PM +0000 »

Locations in your new GTL install can be left alone. They will not cause any conflicts.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 03:49:33 PM +0000 »

Recon heart? can you get them at Halfords? I need a new one please.  Grin

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 06:44:53 PM +0000 »

Recon heart? can you get them at Halfords? I need a new one please.  Grin

Once in a lifetime offer for over 75 year olds.  Cheesy

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 07:02:08 PM +0000 »

Update:
Got a clean Gamedata and installed the 2 downloads and swapped it into my Srouk GTL game.  Works like a champ!  Drove every car last night, wife all the time saying are you coming to bed???
Cars are way better than the old V1 mod from a couple of years ago. We ran a few races over on GC and the attrition rate was terrible,  if you could finish you most likely got a podium.  Nasty, Twitchy and just generaly a hand full to drive.  These are as docile as the LM55 cars, but man they really are fast!!!  Congrats Tony, I think you picked a winner!!!!!!!!!!!   Should be a great, and different season...

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2015, 10:26:46 PM +0000 »

Update:
Got a clean Gamedata and installed the 2 downloads and swapped it into my Srouk GTL game.  Works like a champ!  Drove every car last night, wife all the time saying are you coming to bed???
Cars are way better than the old V1 mod from a couple of years ago. We ran a few races over on GC and the attrition rate was terrible,  if you could finish you most likely got a podium.  Nasty, Twitchy and just generaly a hand full to drive.  These are as docile as the LM55 cars, but man they really are fast!!!  Congrats Tony, I think you picked a winner!!!!!!!!!!!   Should be a great, and different season...

Bob M.

sweatdrop Phew. Cannot tell you how pleased and relieved I am that it all works. BTW there are three levels of damage with these cars. Damage proof, hardy (default) and delicate. We'll stay on the default for the first season I think  Wink

Which track did you use for testing?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:28:49 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 01:17:30 PM +0000 »

I rotated the cars through all the standard GP tracks. That is  all my new Gamedata had on it.  Still don't understand why these cars cannot be loaded with other mod cars.  Maybe some computer whiz can give a explanation.  If you check the F1 cars and none of the rest it should block them out right?  Maybe just a mystery of life!!!!!!!   Maybe we should have a warm up race before the season opener just to make sure we have no miss matches and problems..  Hate to see anyone booted on a points race because of a glitch in the system or individual load.

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 01:29:19 PM +0000 »

I rotated the cars through all the standard GP tracks. That is  all my new Gamedata had on it.  Still don't understand why these cars cannot be loaded with other mod cars.  Maybe some computer whiz can give a explanation.  If you check the F1 cars and none of the rest it should block them out right?  Maybe just a mystery of life!!!!!!!   Maybe we should have a warm up race before the season opener just to make sure we have no miss matches and problems..  Hate to see anyone booted on a points race because of a glitch in the system or individual load.

Bob M.
The mod designers specify creating a new class grouping for these cars. That's all I can tell you. And yes it does enable you to select just the F1 '67 cars and you could only do this by creating a new specific class. I will be posting information about a praccy server running at some point over the Christmas holiday period with a test race.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 06:21:36 PM +0000 »

Which tracks are you thinking of using for this Series Tony; do you intend to limit the number of drives for each car, as in current Series?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 06:42:42 PM +0000 »

Which tracks are you thinking of using for this Series Tony; do you intend to limit the number of drives for each car, as in current Series?
For this series with all new cars, and so many of them, I would like this first championship to be a  "taster menu" so there will be free choice throughout. I hope drivers will not stick to one car, although they are welcome to do so if they wish, but try them all out. If we run a second series, them I will bring in some drive limits.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 09:28:19 PM +0000 »

Be nice to try online with other drivers for a final check for any glitches.  Grin
That will come Grasshopper. Probably sometime over the Christmas break.

I tested them all at Goodwood. They are a blast and I have never seen such quick laptimes.

BTW have you tried without Virtual mirror? The cockpit view using the car mirrors is properly immersive.

Just driven the Ferrari 312 1966 on the Italian GP at Monza 60s I have never lapped so quickly after a tweak from Default setup the speed through that last left hand kink is amazing, foot to the floor all the way through it!! On 2nd lap did a 1:59 with more to come with some practice. Though not an open wheel fan these cars are certainly an exciting drive and a change from what we normally drive.  Wink thumbup1 rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2015, 01:49:18 PM +0000 »

Details of test race now posted here

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2015, 02:48:34 PM +0000 »

My F1 installation appears to be corrupted.  Huh All the cars now, from cockpit view, have no front wheels just the upper and lower wishbones.  Rebooted a couple of times without success, same at Donny Nat. replay shows cars with all four wheels as normal.  Roll Eyes

Any ideas apart from uninstalling and reinstalling.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 03:02:03 PM +0000 »

My F1 installation appears to be corrupted.  Huh All the cars now, from cockpit view, have no front wheels just the upper and lower wishbones.  Rebooted a couple of times without success, same at Donny Nat. replay shows cars with all four wheels as normal.  Roll Eyes

Any ideas apart from uninstalling and reinstalling.
Check your .plr file for the line under Graphics Options that says Wheels Visible In Cockpit="1" Make sure yours says 1 and not 0.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:54:43 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2015, 12:35:09 PM +0000 »

I have installed a new GTL on my server, and installed the F1 mod, and copied the file as per the instructions
but when I start the dedi server there are no classes showing as allowed.
What am I missing?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2015, 12:39:33 PM +0000 »

I have installed a new GTL on my server, and installed the F1 mod, and copied the file as per the instructions
but when I start the dedi server there are no classes showing as allowed.
What am I missing?

I'm not sure Matt. It sounds like you have done the same as I did for the Srouk GTL dedi server. Maybe go and poke around in that and see if you can spot something?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com