by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:49:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 1967 for GTL - Installation and feedback  (Read 19706 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2015, 01:29:42 PM +0000 »

In 2016 we will be running a new mod for GTL which features a full F1 car set era 1967. We are providing early access to the mod so that any problems can be sorted before the first race.

In order to run this mod some preparation is required which we will run through below.

The following is important. If you fail to follow the instructions provided you will receive miss match messages when attempting to join the online server.

1) Create a new install of GTL. For instructions on doing this look here

2) Download this and install into your new GTL.

3) Download this and install it into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the existing files.

4) Download this and copy into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the original file.

5) Download this update for the Honda's only. Copy files in to your Honda folder allowing to overwrite existing files.

6) Download this and copy into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the original files.

7) Download this and copy into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the original files.

That's it!

Please try out the cars and provide feedback below so that we can fix any problems. I would recommend trying without virtual mirrors as the car mirrors are really good.

NOTE: Post updated 05/11/2015 to include brake balance fix update

NOTE: Post updated 28/11/2015 to include update for Honda's only

NOTE: Post updated 14/12/2015 to include tyre pressure fix update

NOTE: Post updated 18/06/2016 to include dial swopping fix update
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:45:47 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:56:41 PM +0000 »

This is somewhat of a revelation!! Shocked to a computer numpty like me.

If I understand this correctly, many people have a complete GTL package for each series they are racing?

So I assume that we would have to load the circuits for a given series into the "Locations" folder in the appropriate install.

I confess to having concerns about the size of my current GTL install. I have everything for all series ever since I started dabbling in GTL , all of the various carsets, circuits etc in one folder.

The question I have is quite simple.  What are the advantages of having separate installs??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 07:42:50 PM +0000 »

This is somewhat of a revelation!! Shocked to a computer numpty like me.

If I understand this correctly, many people have a complete GTL package for each series they are racing?

So I assume that we would have to load the circuits for a given series into the "Locations" folder in the appropriate install.

I confess to having concerns about the size of my current GTL install. I have everything for all series ever since I started dabbling in GTL , all of the various carsets, circuits etc in one folder.

The question I have is quite simple.  What are the advantages of having separate installs??

I don't think size is important Clive (where have I heard that before?). And I'm sure many others do as you do. For me as an admin it's essential for me to have a GTL install for every series we test/run. This particular mod does require a separate install as it provides a unique class tab within GTL for all of the F1 '67 cars rather than having them mixed in with say TC-65 cars etc.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:08:45 PM +0000 »

Tony:
Would it work if you only make a new Gamedata folder. and then install the two downloads in it.  Then just swap the Gamedata's when you wanted to use these cars?  The reason I ask is anytime I create a new GTL total load I have a H*** of a time getting into the Bude Lobby with it.  Just jinxed I guess.  Whatcha think?

Bob M.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 11:02:20 PM +0000 »

Tony:
Would it work if you only make a new Gamedata folder. and then install the two downloads in it.  Then just swap the Gamedata's when you wanted to use these cars?  The reason I ask is anytime I create a new GTL total load I have a H*** of a time getting into the Bude Lobby with it.  Just jinxed I guess.  Whatcha think?

Bob M.
Off the top of my head I cannot see why this shouldn't work. But your lobby access details are in your .plr file (User Data folder) and if you copied your existing GTL you would be using the same .plr file. Maybe I'm miss-understanding your comment re: Bude lobby?
Maybe try doing a copy of GTL then before proceeding with step 2 try to join the lobby?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:19:55 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 06:29:10 AM +0000 »

My computer doesn't like GTL and I have a cobbled together program so I have a Master copy and a couple of sub-masters with a couple of copies on USBs. With GTL you only need a virgin installation modified with the various SROU cheats/mods that logs onto our Monday race server, then copy it and rename it to Season xx.

I've had problems over the years with corrupted installactions so I go with philosophy of separate "Season" - Good Practice assuming your drive has sufficient spare space. devil Will have a look at Season 16 installation later this morning!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:31:35 AM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 11:08:59 AM +0000 »

In 2016 we will be running a new mod for GTL which features a full F1 car set era 1967. We are providing early access to the mod so that any problems can be sorted before the first race.

In order to run this mod some preparation is required which we will run through below.

The following is important. If you fail to follow the instructions provided you will receive miss match messages when attempting to join the online server.

3) Download this and copy into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the original file.

That's it!

Please try out the cars and provide feedback below so that we can fix any problems. I would recommend trying without virtual mirrors as the car mirrors are really good.

Hi Tony, have a Season 16 installation and tried to do exactly as you say.  F1 folder in Teams with a list of car folders containing Ferrari, Lotus etc cars.  However, cannot see any F1 cars in the available cars - a handful of extra installed car packs, ie Daimler and one USA V8 cars are shown and work OK.

Any suggestions please.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 11:26:18 AM +0000 »

3) Download this and copy into the GameData folder allowing it to overwrite the original file.

That's it!

Hi Tony, have a Season 16 installation and tried to do exactly as you say.  F1 folder in Teams with a list of car folders containing Ferrari, Lotus etc cars.  However, cannot see any F1 cars in the available cars - a handful of extra installed car packs, ie Daimler and one USA V8 cars are shown and work OK.

Any suggestions please.

F1 1967 MUST be in it's own GTL install and NOT one created for an entire season (which I imagine contains other series content). The server has two versions of GTL. One for F1 1967 and another for everything else. If you rock up with your one Season 16 install you will get error messages at every non-F1 1967 you try to attend.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 11:37:14 AM +0000 »

That's it!

Any suggestions please.

F1 1967 MUST be in it's own GTL install and NOT one created for an entire season (which I imagine contains other series content). The server has two versions of GTL. One for F1 1967 and another for everything else. If you rock up with your one Season 16 install you will get error messages at every non-F1 1967 you try to attend.

Thanks Tony no problem have all F1 downloads on my computer, just need to delete all the extra stuff.  Will let you know result.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 12:06:42 PM +0000 »

All systems go have bought 1 of each car and, using the default setup (which has small angle of lock Kart like), driven a couple of cars around Donnington Nat quite good fun.  Grin

Now really ahead of game  Wink as I have my normal Season 16 installation already for next Season - good job there is no RRE tonight and I already have DTM 92 at Bathurst all setup to race.  Roll Eyes

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 12:19:32 PM +0000 »

Be nice to try online with other drivers for a final check for any glitches.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 12:50:11 PM +0000 »

Be nice to try online with other drivers for a final check for any glitches.  Grin
That will come Grasshopper. Probably sometime over the Christmas break.

I tested them all at Goodwood. They are a blast and I have never seen such quick laptimes.

BTW have you tried without Virtual mirror? The cockpit view using the car mirrors is properly immersive.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 12:52:08 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 12:53:40 PM +0000 »

Now really ahead of game  Wink as I have my normal Season 16 installation already for next Season - good job there is no RRE tonight and I already have DTM 92 at Bathurst all setup to race.  Roll Eyes

Who are you, and what have you done to our Bill Thomas?

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 01:17:42 PM +0000 »

Who are you, and what have you done to our Bill Thomas?

It's my recon heart pumping all this oxegenated blood to me brain it's in overdrive! 

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 01:30:07 PM +0000 »

Be nice to try online with other drivers for a final check for any glitches.  Grin
That will come Grasshopper. Probably sometime over the Christmas break.

I tested them all at Goodwood. They are a blast and I have never seen such quick laptimes.

BTW have you tried without Virtual mirror? The cockpit view using the car mirrors is properly immersive.

Will have jumped off for Christmas.

Only uninstalled car packs, noticed Pebble Beach and a n other of SROU downloads are available to drive on.

No will look at later it's now newspaper time.

Out of interest is this website on a go slow, only both PC and iPad are taking an age to to load and change pages etc.  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com