The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 09:53:41 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1GT3 Zeltweg: November 08, 2015
November 08, 2015, 09:13:39 PM +0000 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - RRE Season 1 GT3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 3 +0.609
---
1 30:39.161
---
20 0 1:30.698
---
Michelin  
joelblue
 Supersonic Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 2 +0.228
---
2 +6.159
---
20 0 1:30.327
---
Michelin  
Jayblue
 Supersonic Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 1 1:29.602
---
3 +8.036
---
20 0 1:30.046
---
Michelin  
Chunky

Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 5 +1.380
---
4 +13.387
---
20 1 1:31.035
---
Michelin  
Anty

BMW Alpina B6 GT3 4 +1.018
---
5 +21.610
---
20 0 1:31.072
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 7 +1.881
---
6 +48.182
---
20 0 1:31.593
---
Michelin  
gchristod

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 8 +2.517
---
7 +50.775
---
20 0 1:32.198
---
Michelin  
Cuomo

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 10 +3.300
---
8 +52.390
---
20 0 1:32.780
---
Pirelli  
gsi bob
 Supersonic Racing
Mercedes SLS GT3 GT3 11 +3.332
---
9 +1:03.600
---
20 0 1:33.049
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 13 +5.628
---
10 +20L
---
0 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 12 +5.524
---
11 +16L
---
4 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Camaro GT3 9 +2.717
---
12 +13L
---
7 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
mr_belowski

BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 6 +1.776
---
13 +15L
---
5 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:30.046
---
Jayblue
Race
McLaren MP4-12CNovember 08, 2015, 09:13:39 PM +0000
E1GT3
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 1 Race Room GT3 - Zeltweg - Nov 8  (Read 7765 times)
Jayblue

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 12:32:34 PM +0000 »

Hi guys been looking for some R3E races with familiar faces and noticed the thread about this race over at No Grip.

Would be fun to race with you again, will keep an eye out for the password and hopefully see you on Sunday. Will also ask Gsi Bob and Joel if they fancy joining in too, so possibly 3 more racers on the grid.

Just to be clear the ADAC 2014 cars will not work and i need cars from the GTR3 class only?

Well that's me back another few places on the grid then  Wink

Great to have you back with us and please let Bob and Joel know they'll need to register on this forum (if they haven't already done so)to be awarded championship points.

And yes, just the cars from the "GTR3" class allowed for this series and not the ADAC '13 or '14 cars.

Checked and Bob already has a account but Joel doesn't. I tried to register him as a new driver but got the "mass spam attack" error. So i have sent an email to the registration address. Hopefully it is all sorted by tomorrow night  Cool
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 07:49:16 PM +0000 »

I need to restart server so we are running a couple of minutes late

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2015, 09:13:00 PM +0000 »

Need a few minutes to enter results with new members to add

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 09:13:07 PM +0000 »

I made a bit of a ...Horlicks of that, sorry gents.
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:32 PM +0000 »

Great Race..

I had a fantastic scrap with John, but then I made a mistake and he was gone into the distance..

Well done all

Ant

#Ant
gchristod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 09:22:24 PM +0000 »

Hi guys, really enjoyed my first race here. Although I screwed up on the first lap, I had an excellent chase with mr. Meer. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers
Cuomo

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 09:28:19 PM +0000 »

Hey Giannis, it was a lot of fun! I hurts to loose a position in the last lap but you had the speed and the patience to wait for the right moment, so I got that going for me Wink Although I'm pretty happy about a solid race without any larger mistake  Smiley

It was nice to see so many drivers, I don't own the Sachensenring, so I will propably miss this one, but I'm back in for the left races  Wink

Jayblue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 09:41:06 PM +0000 »

My first proper online race with R3E and i can see why it is a multiplayer alpha at this stage. Sorry to everyone if my car was invisible - i could see you all fine on my screen.

Had problems from the outset with the game. First my Data HUD stopped working, rejoining the server fixed that. Initially i got a terrible start but somehow ended up in P1 after T1 and pulled away bit by bit. Then i got a silly penalty for running wide at the Wurth Kurve (T5/T6) and Berger caught me up. As i now understand he could not see my car and he drove in to the back of me which pushed me off track and i got another penalty for cutting! Joel overtook me too and it was then he told me my car was invisible.

I was able to get back in to the lead toward the end of the race but several other weird game glitches happened along the way including one in which my car appeared to freeze and shifted back to first gear by itself at high speed. After that i had a red engine light but was able to continue racing. As the race got toward the end i was able to get back in to the lead, passing a very skilful Berger in the process, who somehow managed to give me a side by side battle despite not being able to see my car!

The to top off an eventful race on the last two laps i started loosing lots of engine power and Berger was able to go back past me. On the final straight the engine cried enough and Joel also snuck past in to second place. Any suggestions or fixes for the invisible car and other glitches?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:33 PM +0000 »

managed to get on the server this week!

I have 2 young children and don't get much time to practice, I have only spent about half an hour on R3E since buying it a couple of weeks ago. could anyone answer the questions below to save me some time trawling the net to get some answers:

how do I select the amount of fuel?
how do I select tyre compound?
Is there any way of seeing tyre wear/temp (similar to the XD addon we use on GTR2)?
Is there any way of looking at telemetry (like when you use the motec software with GTR2)

my race ended on lap 1, I hit the barrier, lost power and coasted to a halt. I thought I barely grazed it (the steering was still ok). Is R3E very sensitive to damage or over revving? another thing that crossed my mind was that maybe I ran out of fuel as I couldn't find any options in the setup pages for fuel (but I did manage about 6 laps in practice & qually without running out of fuel)

on a positive note, R3E seems like a nice game, the force feedback feels good, and it is good to see sunday night GT3 racing with attendace in double figures!

gchristod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:52 PM +0000 »

Hey Giannis, it was a lot of fun! I hurts to loose a position in the last lap but you had the speed and the patience to wait for the right moment, so I got that going for me Wink Although I'm pretty happy about a solid race without any larger mistake  Smiley

It was nice to see so many drivers, I don't own the Sachensenring, so I will propably miss this one, but I'm back in for the left races  Wink

Thanks Daniel, I tried to be careful and don't spoil both our races at the end. Do bad you don't have Sachsenring, it is an underrated track, many elevation changes, sort of like a roller-coaster Smiley See you on the next one!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 10:06:25 PM +0000 »

phspok / Goldtop,

My name appears as STEPHEN WENHAM in the results for the race (My race name is SRW), do I need to change something in my game settings?
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 10:19:36 PM +0000 »

You were in the results only as Stephen Wenham, there was no "Lobby Name" against you
I have updated the system with you as SRW.
Our results system only works with people's forum names, I sometimes have to guess who is who  Huh
Not sure about points for this race though, but you should be correctly listed in future ones.

For our races we have fuel use and tyre wear enabled (or at least I enable it) the tyre wear is in the HUD but it is
very insensitive, at 98% you will feel reduced grip. Fuel is 99 litres? I think, and our events only use a small fraction of that.
I leave it on because it helps the realism a bit. (maybe)

Fuel and tyres are not yet a settable option. Not aware of any motec type thing, but Mr_Belowski (Jim) has a crew chief prog
you can download, sorry I don't have the link to hand.

We have mechanical damage on and visible damage set to "kind" (I think that's what it calls it) hitting walls hard is often terminal
thought I have hit things and only got  bent sterring from it.

The invisible car seems to be a "feature" that we see occasionally. Anty, and I think Berger have had it once, it doesn;t happen
often, and "seems" to be related to the persons data quality on the day, hard to say as it is not easily repeatable.
One thing we have seen a couple of times, I had it once, is if you stay out on the track at the end of qual you may not
be able to join the grid at race start, again, it happens rarely.

This is GOldTop's series, I am just being admin elf person.

P.S
Tony the rubber fetishist might add the missing tyre makes, otherwise I will when I get a minute
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:39:11 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:06 AM +0000 »

Tony the rubber fetishist might add the missing tyre makes, otherwise I will when I get a minute
All done

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 06:03:10 AM +0000 »

Had problems from the outset with the game. First my Data HUD stopped working, rejoining the server fixed that.
[/quote]

Hey Bru

I am glad I am not the only one suffering from this problem, it's a known bug, drivers me crazy.

I normally have some issues recently with my on line connection into a lobby, but last night it was silver smooth for me. Maybe next race it can be a disaster for me and great for you. I hope they sort out the online game play soon. My pc build and line is great, so I really believe it's the game.

Ant

#Ant
mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 08:06:42 AM +0000 »

To fix the disappearing HUD / in car display, try switching off "show opponent cockpits" in the gfx settings.

Was a good start for me, up to 4th then I let a hard-charging McLaren through. After that anth got a penalty putting me back in 4th, but a lap later I tangled with an audi into t2 (racing incident - I turned in more than I planned to because I got loose). Good race up to then
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com