Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 06:07:33 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 1937  (Read 25802 times)
Jeep

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2015, 03:48:59 PM +0000 »

Hi All, 1st post but some time lurker on the boards.

I came across this youtube video the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izslDggmrSM

Has anyone tried this mod? I tried to register at www.RMS-GT-RACING.jimdo.com but kept ending up at a 404 page not found, I've also tried registering using email to make contact but no reply.

So anyone tried it? Anyone have it? Is it worth continuing to make a nuisance of myself or is it another "Spirit of Speed" and should be left well alone.

Thanks in advance

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:06:57 PM +0000 »

Hi Jeep

A bit of googling came up with this:

http://www.rms-gt-racing.net/f1-2015-gtr2/rms-gp-masters/mod-grandprix-legends-37/

Haven't tried it, so no idea if it is any good.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 12:12:52 AM +0000 »

I thought this was an Rfactor mod? Maybe someone converted it?

From download readme

1937 GPL Mod for GTR2

Version : 1.0

Original RF Version by Team Vintage
Thanks to RacerM for getting permission to convert

Mod converted to GTR2 by TrackaHolics :
Ron123 & Sidstalker
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:24:29 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:30:15 AM +0000 »

Thanks both.

Thanks, Yes, that appears to be the one I was looking for.

I have to say I'm quite impressed They are a blast on the earlier tracks before safety neutered them. Obviously that was not a criticism of the steps taken to save drivers lives but it does make you realise just how good the likes of Monza was before the chicanes. All I need now is someone do make a period MONTLHÉRY and I'll be in heaven.

Thanks again

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:40:19 AM +0000 »

All I need now is someone do make a period MONTLHÉRY and I'll be in heaven.

Shame you don't do GTL  Roll Eyes https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13333.msg240319#msg240319

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 11:43:43 AM +0000 »

Version for GTR2 http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=30182 but not sure if it is historic it being called 2010 version  Huh

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 02:13:15 PM +0000 »

Doh!! I was looking under M not L in the alphabetic track list at Nogrip downloads...

Shame about those stupid chicanes on the banking. Those versions are the shorter options, the 1937 track was another few miles longer but not matter they are both excellent

Well, I do have GTL, and GTR1/2, Race07, PnG.

My 1st love has always been GPL though (Which I do race on-line in the oAo league) but it's taken me 16 years to become even average at that.  Huh

I really like GTL and have taken the route of trying to learn it with H Shifter, clutch etc rather than the paddles arrangement I was bought up with in GPL and if I'm honest I'm crap at it but will beat it into submission eventually.

I've often looked on enviously at the UKGTL events and would like to give a few a try but my performance is I fear not really up to scratch and would be worried about being a mobile chicane although I am having a great time with the LM55 and GPL67 car sets off-line.

The Christmas special has peaked my attention though. Thanks for the help guys, I'll try to work out how to get the beast on-line and then probably make a pest of myself on the UKGTL boards.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 02:38:11 PM +0000 »

If you turn cut track warnings off you can ignore the cones and chicanes and use the whole of the banked section.

UKGTL is most fortunate in having drivers of all abilities. Be assured that what ever your level you will have someone to race with.

We are also able to offer assistance to help you get online and with most problems that occur from time to time.

Our new season starts in Jan 2016 but if you wish to join any events before then to see how we run you will be made most welcome.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com