by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 04:49:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L16P79 Zeltweg: August 15, 2016
August 15, 2016, 08:42:09 PM +0100 - Zeltweg - UKGTL Season 16 1979 Procar
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#77) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.757
120.900mph
1 52:08.741
118.567mph
28 1:50.407
120.000mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
BMW M1 Procar (#67) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.609
118.891mph
2 +36.024
117.218mph
28 1:51.722
118.587mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#90) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.257
118.203mph
3 +1:28.982
115.288mph
28 1:51.585
118.733mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#74) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.359
117.052mph
4 +1:42.301
114.813mph
28 1:52.572
117.692mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#55) GTC-TC-76 8 +4.708
116.693mph
5 +1:46.511
114.664mph
28 1:52.842
117.410mph
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#25) GTC-TC-76 9 +6.392
114.987mph
6 +1L
111.634mph
27 1:54.978
115.229mph
Goodyear  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
BMW M1 Procar (#5) GTC-TC-76 1 1:48.828
121.741mph
7 27 1:50.235
120.187mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar (#76) GTC-TC-76 3 +1.430
120.162mph
8 +21L 7 1:51.076
119.277mph
suspension
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar (#83) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.297
118.161mph
9 +23L 5 1:53.573
116.655mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 16 1979 Procar - Zeltweg - Aug 15  (Read 5310 times)
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 12:42:40 AM +0100 »

Well, 2nd!! How the hell did that happen. I know the answer of course, Ziu had reoccurring problems with his arm. (Really sorry to hear that Ziu, I really hope you can get something sorted). Geoffers was caught out by the kerbs and I would like to think I pressured Clive into an uncharacteristic error (But he probably just over cooked it).

I really enjoyed my 1st foray in these beasties, I find them a little to point and shoot for my brain which has trouble keeping up with them. I didn't actually expect to manage to make any of the Procar races and didn't even turn a wheel until the weekend so was really surprised to better my PB by over 2 seconds during Q and find myself so high up the grid in 4th.

Got a blistering start but had to get out of the throttle just as quickly as Erling I think was a bit slow out of the blocks. This allowed Clive to sneak through to 4th, Matt also tried his arm but I hung onto 5th as we hurtled down to that stupid chicane, Settled into the race and just about stayed with Clive and actually kept all the front runners in sight while the tyres came up to temp. Actually felt very comfortable. I had gone for a very soft, high clearance set up with a docile coast side to the diff. This seemed to allow me to catch any wayward rear end antics under braking and and was a bit more forgiving if I caught 1 of the kerbs which seemed quite fierce here. After a few laps this gave me plenty of confidence as I set about harassing Clive. Over the 1st 10 or so laps he extended to around 2 seconds a few times but generally I was close to or within a second and trying to make myself large in his mirrors and forcing him into a mistake I could capitalise on. Eventually some time around lap 10-12 I got my chance as he spun in the long left hander after the Bosch Curve and I was through. I fully expected him to eat into any advantage I might have gained but I saw the gap slowly reduce only to increase by a few seconds as presumably he tried just that bit too hard to recover his momentum.

The rest of the race was quite lonely as I watched Clive drop further behind and Ziu and Erling extend there advantage each lap. Came around to lap Bill on about lap 20? Bill, you are far too polite, no need to point it at the scenery simply lifting would have been sufficient. I was quite happy to wait until a suitable moment before pulling past.

Congrats to Erling and Clive for the other podium places and to everyone who finished.

Really enjoyed it as usual and even managed to keep it clean tonight and not take anyone out (That I'm aware of) with my usual 1st lap ineptitude.

TTFN
John.

A few screenies of the Jeep, Clive tussle well into the race probably around lap 9-11

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 09:43:02 AM +0100 »

Yesterday's race was a tough one for me. Can't complain about the end result, but it was not the way I wanted it to happen.

In offline praccy, a fast lap for me was a low 1:50. Only once did I dip into the 1:49s, so pleased with a new pb in qual.  As John says, he got quicker off the block than me, but I did seem to have good traction, once I got going. That and the fact that 2nd on the grid actually had the better line into the chicane, helped me snatch the lead  Shocked

Held it for a few laps, until Ziu muscled through at the double lefthander.  Brief contact slowed me and Geoffers got real close. He shadowed me for little over a lap, before he suddenly vanished at the chicane. I expected the 'Kerbs from Hell' had ambushed him.  Thus I could concentrate on chasing Ziu.  Couldn't tell if we were racing for real, of if he was just playing with me, controlling the gap at will.  At times it seemed like he could just speed up and increase the gap, but then, would he let me get as close as I did several times ?

This went on for many laps, until lap 17 I think, when Ziu's driving became more erratic. Puzzled me to see him on the brink of losing control down the start/finish straight. He then overshot at the chicane, which allowed me to slip into the lead again.  Held it for a few laps, until Ziu retook it with a successful move at the end of the back straight.  Chased him again for several more laps and with a bit of slipstreaming I got ahead before the chicane. I bounced over the kerbs, lost momentum and was hit by Ziu, sending me up against the armco.  In most gentlemanly fashion he waited and let me past - truly more than called for, as it was partially my own fault we touched.  Again held the lead for a couple of laps, until Ziu made it past in the same place as before.

As the final lap started, we were side by side down the straight and having a brake duel before the chicane.  Ziu won - or lost depending on view, as he overshot into the gravel. He got off light though, emerging ahead of me, but then he slowed and next disappeared, leaving the victory to me.  Want to win of course, but not in that way. Would much rather have finished 2nd and seen Ziu make the finish  Sad    If he had just made a mistake, I would happily profit from it, as it's all part of the game, but kicking an injured man just seems wrong.  Ziu, hope your arm can get sufficiently better for you to race with us as before.

Grats to John & Clive for the other podiums, and commiserations to Ziu of course, and to those that became kerb victims.

Apologies to Bill for not flashing a 'thank you' when he let me past; it took all my concentration to brake and enter the corner, so wouldn't risk fumbling for the light button.

Cheers,
Erling
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 09:45:48 AM +0100 »

Was late getting home, had to D/L the track, and do a very quick setup, which didn't work well
spun a couple of times, and was getting frustrated with it so went off and did some work  Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 11:56:12 AM +0100 »

Well, 2nd!! How the hell did that happen. I know the answer of course, Ziu had reoccurring problems with his arm. (Really sorry to hear that Ziu, I really hope you can get something sorted). Geoffers was caught out by the kerbs and I would like to think I pressured Clive into an uncharacteristic error (But he probably just over cooked it).

I really enjoyed my 1st foray in these beasties, I find them a little to point and shoot for my brain which has trouble keeping up with them. I didn't actually expect to manage to make any of the Procar races and didn't even turn a wheel until the weekend so was really surprised to better my PB by over 2 seconds during Q and find myself so high up the grid in 4th.

Got a blistering start but had to get out of the throttle just as quickly as Erling I think was a bit slow out of the blocks. This allowed Clive to sneak through to 4th, Matt also tried his arm but I hung onto 5th as we hurtled down to that stupid chicane, Settled into the race and just about stayed with Clive and actually kept all the front runners in sight while the tyres came up to temp. Actually felt very comfortable. I had gone for a very soft, high clearance set up with a docile coast side to the diff. This seemed to allow me to catch any wayward rear end antics under braking and and was a bit more forgiving if I caught 1 of the kerbs which seemed quite fierce here. After a few laps this gave me plenty of confidence as I set about harassing Clive. Over the 1st 10 or so laps he extended to around 2 seconds a few times but generally I was close to or within a second and trying to make myself large in his mirrors and forcing him into a mistake I could capitalise on. Eventually some time around lap 10-12 I got my chance as he spun in the long left hander after the Bosch Curve and I was through. I fully expected him to eat into any advantage I might have gained but I saw the gap slowly reduce only to increase by a few seconds as presumably he tried just that bit too hard to recover his momentum.

The rest of the race was quite lonely as I watched Clive drop further behind and Ziu and Erling extend there advantage each lap. Came around to lap Bill on about lap 20? Bill, you are far too polite, no need to point it at the scenery simply lifting would have been sufficient. I was quite happy to wait until a suitable moment before pulling past.

Congrats to Erling and Clive for the other podium places and to everyone who finished.

Really enjoyed it as usual and even managed to keep it clean tonight and not take anyone out (That I'm aware of) with my usual 1st lap ineptitude.

TTFN
John.

It wasn't a deliberate trip into the scenery, just poor driving.  Roll Eyes When I'm last with no hope of passing anybody I like to get out of the way in case you're battling with someone and me baulking you makes you lose a hard fought for place. Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 12:48:12 PM +0100 »

Always love driving this circuit although it's spoilt by that darn chicane at Hella-Licht. The remainder of the circuit has nice sweeping turns that challenge you to take as near flat out as possible. First lap I was alongside Bill as we approached Bosche-Kurve. Throttled back to allow him through first but he lost it in the turn and clouted the RH barrier. I was right behind him and simply could not predict where his car was going next. Consequence was I clouted him full on, sorry Bill simply could not of avoided you. Went on to reel in Matt catching him this time at B-K where he was having a spin. I span in sympathy but I did a better 180 degree turn and hence was now facing the wrong way with no idea when Bill might be approaching. Did a quick recovery spin and set of but now I was hopelessly far behind the pack. After Matt and then Geoffers quit out I was trailing Bob by about 25 secs. No matter how fast I went the gap pretty much remained constant. So spent many, many laps trying to reel him in. With about four laps to go XD told me that things were amiss in Iowa as the gap dropped dramatically. Then spent the remaining laps concentrating hard on getting him within passing distance. Could only get the gap down to about 4.5 secs before we both reached the finish flag. Most enjoyable but sorry to learn that Ziu was suffering. Hope the arm is better today mate.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 12:50:25 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 06:14:38 PM +0100 »

Grats to Erling and Jeep, but huge commiserations to Ziu. May I add my wishes for an early recovery.

My 3rd place on the podium was only because other drivers dropped out. I sort of knew the circuit from GPL

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 06:46:36 PM +0100 »

Nice screenshots John  thumbup2

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 08:18:22 PM +0100 »

Yesterday's race was a tough one for me. Can't complain about the end result, but it was not the way I wanted it to happen.

In offline praccy, a fast lap for me was a low 1:50. Only once did I dip into the 1:49s, so pleased with a new pb in qual.  As John says, he got quicker off the block than me, but I did seem to have good traction, once I got going. That and the fact that 2nd on the grid actually had the better line into the chicane, helped me snatch the lead  Shocked

Held it for a few laps, until Ziu muscled through at the double lefthander.  Brief contact slowed me and Geoffers got real close. He shadowed me for little over a lap, before he suddenly vanished at the chicane. I expected the 'Kerbs from Hell' had ambushed him.  Thus I could concentrate on chasing Ziu.  Couldn't tell if we were racing for real, of if he was just playing with me, controlling the gap at will.  At times it seemed like he could just speed up and increase the gap, but then, would he let me get as close as I did several times ?

This went on for many laps, until lap 17 I think, when Ziu's driving became more erratic. Puzzled me to see him on the brink of losing control down the start/finish straight. He then overshot at the chicane, which allowed me to slip into the lead again.  Held it for a few laps, until Ziu retook it with a successful move at the end of the back straight.  Chased him again for several more laps and with a bit of slipstreaming I got ahead before the chicane. I bounced over the kerbs, lost momentum and was hit by Ziu, sending me up against the armco.  In most gentlemanly fashion he waited and let me past - truly more than called for, as it was partially my own fault we touched.  Again held the lead for a couple of laps, until Ziu made it past in the same place as before.

As the final lap started, we were side by side down the straight and having a brake duel before the chicane.  Ziu won - or lost depending on view, as he overshot into the gravel. He got off light though, emerging ahead of me, but then he slowed and next disappeared, leaving the victory to me.  Want to win of course, but not in that way. Would much rather have finished 2nd and seen Ziu make the finish  Sad    If he had just made a mistake, I would happily profit from it, as it's all part of the game, but kicking an injured man just seems wrong.  Ziu, hope your arm can get sufficiently better for you to race with us as before.

Grats to John & Clive for the other podiums, and commiserations to Ziu of course, and to those that became kerb victims.

Apologies to Bill for not flashing a 'thank you' when he let me past; it took all my concentration to brake and enter the corner, so wouldn't risk fumbling for the light button.

Cheers,
Erling

Sorry Erling, I tried to answer this earlier today but looks like I screwed up.  With you battling so close with Ziu and being so close to the corner I didn't expect an head light flash of thanks.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 08:26:36 PM +0100 »

Always love driving this circuit although it's spoilt by that darn chicane at Hella-Licht. The remainder of the circuit has nice sweeping turns that challenge you to take as near flat out as possible. First lap I was alongside Bill as we approached Bosche-Kurve. Throttled back to allow him through first but he lost it in the turn and clouted the RH barrier. I was right behind him and simply could not predict where his car was going next. Consequence was I clouted him full on, sorry Bill simply could not of avoided you. Went on to reel in Matt catching him this time at B-K where he was having a spin. I span in sympathy but I did a better 180 degree turn and hence was now facing the wrong way with no idea when Bill might be approaching. Did a quick recovery spin and set of but now I was hopelessly far behind the pack. After Matt and then Geoffers quit out I was trailing Bob by about 25 secs. No matter how fast I went the gap pretty much remained constant. So spent many, many laps trying to reel him in. With about four laps to go XD told me that things were amiss in Iowa as the gap dropped dramatically. Then spent the remaining laps concentrating hard on getting him within passing distance. Could only get the gap down to about 4.5 secs before we both reached the finish flag. Most enjoyable but sorry to learn that Ziu was suffering. Hope the arm is better today mate.

Don't worry about clouting me, when you loose it with a mid engine car anything could happen  Roll Eyes - just glad I didn't wreck your car.

Had new PBs in qualifying and more in the race, a few laps before the end I put up my fast lap here with these cars.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 06:39:20 PM +0100 »

Voilà:

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2]