The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 02:34:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E2H Laguna Seca: December 17, 2015
December 17, 2015, 09:09:10 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - RRE Season 2 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 1 +1:27.404
---
1 31:19.452
---
21 0 1:27.372
---
Goodyear  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 2 +1:28.118
---
2 +1.825
---
21 0 1:28.245
---
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 4 +1:28.253
---
3 +7.144
---
21 0 1:28.265
---
Goodyear  
Timbo

BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 3 +1:28.185
---
4 +7.272
---
21 0 1:27.654
---
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown}
---
5 +45.538
---
21 0 1:28.360
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 6 +1:30.124
---
6 +1L
---
20 0 1:30.042
---
Goodyear  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar {unknown}
---
7 +2L
---
19 3 1:30.401
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 5 +1:28.934
---
8 +17L
---
4 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 2 Race Room Historics - Laguna Seca - Dec 17  (Read 6148 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2015, 12:33:26 PM +0000 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: BMW M1 Procar
Track: Laguna Seca
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E2H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:36:42 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 03:34:53 PM +0000 »

After my brief previous go at this (Brands Hatch) where I had seriously bad lag, I have been reluctant to try this again. But I have bought the track & car for this & will give it another go.

Had a brief try last night & lapped in 1.31. I guess this is way off what I should be getting around in seeing as the M3 record is 1.26.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:06:17 PM +0000 »

Geoffers, in game check out the leaderboard for lap times. You need to filter the track and which car group and skill level

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 09:17:43 PM +0000 »

Yeh, already checked that out Tony. I'm now 2nd on the leaderboard (of 2 at 'get real' level!,  Cheesy). Clearly not getting the best out of the setup yet. Tried a 'Leaderboard Challenge' against Tim (the fastest) & although I'm as quick into the turns, my car won't hold the line mid-corner.

Still playing with controller setup too, that is making more difference than changing the car setup at the moment. Wish there was a readout of tyre temps, no idea if I'm adjusting things the right way, just a matter of trial & error I guess. Still I have knocked 3s off my previous best, so must be doing something right!  Grin
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 09:35:50 PM +0000 »

The steering settings seem to be particularly useful, I hated it after the last update, I have got it back
together again now, I set the steering to 400/13 like some others do, and I can drive them again now

Timbo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 06:25:28 PM +0000 »

Still playing with controller setup too, that is making more difference than changing the car setup at the moment. Wish there was a readout of tyre temps, no idea if I'm adjusting things the right way, just a matter of trial & error I guess. Still I have knocked 3s off my previous best, so must be doing something right!  Grin

i haven't tried it, but it seems you can monitor tyre temps with this app https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/r3e-web-dashboard-released.2317/

that is an impressive time with a controller. i'm no expert on setups, and i get impatient with them, but i can share my setup if you want.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:27:49 PM +0000 by Timbo » Logged
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 07:53:12 PM +0000 »

i haven't tried it, but it seems you can monitor tyre temps with this app https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/r3e-web-dashboard-released.2317/

that is an impressive time with a controller. i'm no expert on setups, and i get impatient with them, but i can share my setup if you want.

Cheers Tim. I'm afraid the add-on is no good for me as I don't have anywhere else to display it.

I think I may have confused you by saying controller, I use a wheel & pedals like most others. Mind you, there is a guy races GTL over at Gamers Crib who is really fast & drives with the keyboard!
Timbo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:57:58 PM +0000 »

Cheers Tim. I'm afraid the add-on is no good for me as I don't have anywhere else to display it.

I think I may have confused you by saying controller, I use a wheel & pedals like most others. Mind you, there is a guy races GTL over at Gamers Crib who is really fast & drives with the keyboard!

ohhh. well i am easily confused  Roll Eyes

i know it says you need a separate monitor or tablet, but with the updated app, you can use widgets in game instead of the app on another display. you can see in the video how to use them. although you might have to play r3e in windowed mode. i'm not sure. now i'm curious. i will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

BTW, the newest version of the app is on post #575 in that link from above.   
Timbo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 10:12:26 PM +0000 »

wow, that app is sooo cool. it took some time messing around, but i have the widgets working. and r3e does have to be in windowed mode(full screen OFF in video settings) but it still takes up the full screen without any window showing. you should try it. one tip tho...if you can't get the widgets to show up, hit the reload button(the big check mark beside the check boxes in the widget list). it took me 45 min to figure that out  Huh like i said, i am easily confused  Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 01:51:07 PM +0000 »

OK Tim, I may give it a try if I get into R3E.

Still not too convinced by it, looks good & drives quite well but really is missing a few important features (maybe the app gets around some of them). I get the impression Simbin didn't have enough budget to fully develop it, so released it as it was to get some more funds finish it!

Anyway did a few more laps last night & ended up going 1.5s faster slower!  Roll Eyes Really annoying that you cannot save your setup (unless I'm missing something) & you have to write down or remember what you had before you changed it for the worse! I must admit I struggle a little with cars that have a lot of grip, after years of driving GTL & P&G where the cars slide around a lot, I can't get used to cars turning in so sharply & consequently I am repeatedly turning into corners too early. Still I just guess I need more practice.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 02:24:59 PM +0000 »

The game remembers your setup for each car at every circuit

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 02:26:52 PM +0000 »

Really annoying that you cannot save your setup (unless I'm missing something)

Your setup is saved, you just don't use a save button. Next time you return to that track, the car is setup as you left it. You can find the setup in: Documents/My Games/SimBin/RaceRoom Racing Experience/UserData/CarSetups/(Track Name)/(Layout) folder, it'll be saved as the car name. You can copy n paste from one layout/track to another, so as to give you a start point, for your next race.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 03:21:03 PM +0000 »

Wot he said ^

For me the Procars understeer quite a lot compared to some of the other car sets we use.
The steering characteristics changed quite a bit after the previous update, which drove me
nuts for a while, until I found a setting that worked. If you have not changed the steering settings
since the update, you need to  "set to default" (steering settings) then reset to whatever works
for you, for me 400/13 works pretty well on my G27
It seems to remember the steering settings for the car on tracks I've never run the car at, though that
could be just a drug induced hallucination  wacko

Not sure it is still true, but we have seen a couple of "features" in past race, One is where if you still are on the
track when qual finishes, you may not be put on the grid for the race start, happened to me once
and MJ got it once when he was a late arrival. The other is invisible cars, which "might" be dropped packet
related or not, JIm reckons to turn off display other cars insides or something like that.
Not seen that one for a while now, so may not be relevant anymore.
I always encourage people to get off the track a few seconds before end of qual just to be sure.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 03:45:05 PM +0000 »

The game remembers your setup for each car at every circuit

Yeh, I appreciate that, what I meant was if you change it to try to improve things, you have to remember what you changed to go back to it, rather than reloading a saved setup.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 05:55:44 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately I don't think I can make this one  Sad

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com