The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 08:45:14 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3GT3 Spa: January 03, 2016
January 03, 2016, 10:37:20 PM +0000 - Spa (2007-) - RRE Season 3 (2016) GT3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 1 +2:10.668
---
1 1:30:27.556
---
40 1 2:10.464
---
Continental  
Chunky

Ford GT GT3 4 +2:18.815
---
2 +2L
---
38 1 2:18.819
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 6 +2:24.087
---
3 +3L
---
37 1 2:22.000
---
Yokohama  
mr_belowski

Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown} 8 +2:28.205
---
4 +4L
---
36 1 2:27.239
---
Michelin  
gchristod

Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown}
---
5 +5L
---
35 2 2:30.375
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown} 9 +2:30.433
---
6 +18L
---
22 3 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 7 +2:26.467
---
7 +10L
---
30 2 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Stuck Duck

Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 5 +2:20.083
---
8 +24L
---
16 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
AndrexUK

Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 3 +2:18.805
---
9 +35L
---
5 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 2 +2:11.182
---
10 +40L
---
0 0 ---
---
unknown
Continental  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
2:18.819
---
Chunky
Race
Ford GTJanuary 03, 2016, 10:37:20 PM +0000
E3GT3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room GT3 - Spa - Jan 3  (Read 11601 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:18:51 PM +0000 »

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

Practice: 20:15 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:45 (15 mins)
Race: 21:00 ~ 1 hour 30 Mins

Cars allowed:
"GTR3"
"Chevrolet Daytona Prototype"
"Aquila CR1 Cup"

Track: Spa (Grand Prix)
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Minimum 1 stop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk fun
Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 10:29:56 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 03:19:59 PM +0000 »

This is a fun/test event for the cars we shall be running on our first Raceroom Sunday season of 2016 which will start on 17th January.
We already know the GTR3 class and these cars will again be used in 2016 having their own 12 race series and a series of 6 multiclass
events racing alongside the Daytona Prototype. The Aquila is classed as a Sports GT and will have it's own 6 race cup series.

All cars should be able to get by with 1 stop for fuel but tyre wear could also be a factor. The pitstops can be preset in game
but be sure to practice them before the race.

I have chosen these cars because they are both easy and fun to drive but are challenging on the limit. Please give them a go and
let us know what class you will be racing so that we can have a good mix on the grid. I'll keep this post updated.

"Chevrolet Daytona Prototype"
goldtop (#99)
Anty (#8)
Timbo (#90)

"GTR3"
AndrexUK (#1 BMW B6 Alpina)
Truetom (Ford GT)
Stuck Duck (Audi LMS)
Chunky (Ford GT)
Postal (Ruf)

"Aquila CR1 Cup"
Giannis Christod
Spanner
mr_belowski

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:09:20 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 07:12:30 PM +0000 »

Ooh, looking forward to this! Cool

So is it planned to be 12 then 6 then 6 races continously? or was it 12 runnign on alternate weeks with the 2 x 6 races?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:14:58 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:22:46 PM +0000 »

Ooh, looking forward to this! Cool

So is it planned to be 12 then 6 then 6 races continously? or was it 12 runnign on alternate weeks with the 2 x 6 races?

The second option. So GTR3> Aquila Cup> GTR3> GTR3/Daytona Proto. Meaning we have just one multiclass per month.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:14:19 PM +0000 »

good this race looks, very interesting.

we need to make promotion? (advertising?) for this race and for new league races in 2016 that as much as possible driver we become,
this looks very good and with new features like pitstop for fuel and longer races now, i like this.

i hope there will be much drivers for this race (and for this series)

servus
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:03:27 AM +0000 »

Can you specify the content we need for the forthcoming series? For those who didnt get everything for xmas!

Just looked and Spa isnt in the track pack. Wanted to buy it all in one go, so i can buy enough discounted points beforehand

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:20:29 AM +0000 »

Can you specify the content we need for the forthcoming series? For those who didnt get everything for xmas!

Just looked and Spa isnt in the track pack. Wanted to buy it all in one go, so i can buy enough discounted points beforehand

I haven't finalised anything yet mate but Spa has to be a must for anyone. Other than that, the European and American track packs are all you will need. As for cars, drivers could actually compete in all races if they own just one car from GTR3 class, which is by design  Smiley

I wanted to try the free LMP1 type protos but I thought they might be a bit too challenging for some....maybe next time.

To sum up then for the next series you will need to buy:

At least one car from GTR3 class
The European track pack
The American track pack
Spa Francorchamps
The Daytona Prototype (optional, if you to race this in the GTR3/Proto races)
The Aquila is of course free content

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 09:23:32 AM +0000 »

GT, my understanding is that one Aquila is free but additional skins cost.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 04:15:54 PM +0000 »

You might want to check that because all the Aquila cars/skins are available for me as free content  Huh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 04:33:25 PM +0000 »

You might want to check that because all the Aquila cars/skins are available for me as free content  Huh

Site says Additional liveries - Purchase an alternate livery to suit your style.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:09 PM +0000 »

Site says Additional liveries - Purchase an alternate livery to suit your style.

Is this on the store page? If so I just had a look and I think that is the standard header for those cars in store where you do have to purchase any additional liveries. It's the same for the Prototype Series cars which were certainly all free content. Fire up the game and choose the Aquila and you should have the option to drive any car/skin.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 05:01:47 PM +0000 »

Is this on the store page? If so I just had a look and I think that is the standard header for those cars in store where you do have to purchase any additional liveries. It's the same for the Prototype Series cars which were certainly all free content. Fire up the game and choose the Aquila and you should have the option to drive any car/skin.
Yep, store page.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 08:03:07 PM +0000 »

I stand corrected. Just checked and I do have all the skins. Carry on GT  winkiss

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:34:21 PM +0000 »

I am in

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 08:31:13 AM +0000 »

I am in

thumbup1

Just a reminder for all to post up when they have decided what class they will be racing in. I'm itching to race the Daytona but the Aquila is such a great drive and then there's the RUF........decisions decisions  Undecided

As a guide to car choice my times when testing were approx. as follows:

CDP: 2:14
GT3: 2:21
Aquila: 2:29

That's 7 or 8 seconds between classes, which in a 1.5 hour race means lots of cars being lapped. Please remember to be patient when lapping slower cars and do not expect them to jump out of the way. Those in slower classes please be aware of approaching cars but keep to your line and let the car behind make the move.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 05:15:23 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com