The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 09:30:34 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3GT3 Spa: January 03, 2016
January 03, 2016, 10:37:20 PM +0000 - Spa (2007-) - RRE Season 3 (2016) GT3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 1 +2:10.668
---
1 1:30:27.556
---
40 1 2:10.464
---
Continental  
Chunky

Ford GT GT3 4 +2:18.815
---
2 +2L
---
38 1 2:18.819
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 6 +2:24.087
---
3 +3L
---
37 1 2:22.000
---
Yokohama  
mr_belowski

Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown} 8 +2:28.205
---
4 +4L
---
36 1 2:27.239
---
Michelin  
gchristod

Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown}
---
5 +5L
---
35 2 2:30.375
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Aquila CR1 Sports GT {unknown} 9 +2:30.433
---
6 +18L
---
22 3 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 7 +2:26.467
---
7 +10L
---
30 2 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Stuck Duck

Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 5 +2:20.083
---
8 +24L
---
16 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
AndrexUK

Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 3 +2:18.805
---
9 +35L
---
5 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 2 +2:11.182
---
10 +40L
---
0 0 ---
---
unknown
Continental  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
2:18.819
---
Chunky
Race
Ford GTJanuary 03, 2016, 10:37:20 PM +0000
E3GT3
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room GT3 - Spa - Jan 3  (Read 11819 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2015, 08:42:11 AM +0000 »

I must have been doing something wrong as the DP just felt so wrong it was ridiculous! I took a few go's to tray and work out what i need to adjust the steering lock so i wasnt so sensitive, but even then it still felt too twichy and had literally no ffb with it. Aquilla felt alot more alive and going quicker than its speedo tells you!

So first impression would be either GT3 or Aquila, but depending on field size.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 05:29:36 PM +0000 »

I must have been doing something wrong as the DP just felt so wrong it was ridiculous! I took a few go's to tray and work out what i need to adjust the steering lock so i wasnt so sensitive, but even then it still felt too twichy and had literally no ffb with it. Aquilla felt alot more alive and going quicker than its speedo tells you!

So first impression would be either GT3 or Aquila, but depending on field size.

I know the CDP is old physics/ffb and could really do with an update to bring it up to standard of GT3s and Aquila. I still find it a good drive though.

Just had a few laps at Laguna and noted my settings were 600/15 which felt ok. FFB isn't as strong in the CDP as GT3s or Aquila but 10 or so clicks increased steering force in the ffb settings sorts it for me. Also tyres need at least 3 laps to start gripping up.

Was thinking of the LMPs or even Radicals instead for this race/series but they just felt too hardcore whereas the CDPs have a bit more old school grunt about them.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2015, 06:49:10 PM +0000 »

Ok so what is the deal with the steering options then as i clearly havent got it. You have both wheel rotation and steering lock settings which is a bit confusing. Do i set the wheel rotation the same as my wheel? Do i run high lock like in GtR2?

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2015, 07:17:51 PM +0000 »

Ok so what is the deal with the steering options then as i clearly havent got it. You have both wheel rotation and steering lock settings which is a bit confusing. Do i set the wheel rotation the same as my wheel? Do i run high lock like in GtR2?

I set 900 deg rotation in my logitech profiler (DFGT) and 600 rotation/15 deg steering angle in game for the CDP which is similar to the GT3 cars. It's personal taste and some will say that feels like driving a double decker bus but if you're finding the CDP too twitchy it might help  Undecided

Also check the ffb settings out in post #66 (Georg Ortner) especially the Logitech profiler settings  Shocked Worked for me except I had to turn down the overall ffb in game to around 45%.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-ffb-settings-thread.106914/page-4

gchristod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2015, 08:16:50 PM +0000 »

Sorry but I'm a little confused, maybe it's the language barrier. So one week it will be only GT3s, then multi Aquila/GT3, then again only GT3 and finally multi DP/GT3? I'd like to take part, but don't know which car(s) to choose...

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the thread in the "anouncements" section. I'll be in the GT3 poRschUF and try to join some Aquila races. DP is not my cup of tea Smiley
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:22:49 PM +0000 by Giannis Christod » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2015, 08:30:36 PM +0000 »

Sorry but I'm a little confused, maybe it's the language barrier. So one week it will be only GT3s, then multi Aquila/GT3, then again only GT3 and finally multi DP/GT3? I'd like to take part, but don't know which car(s) to choose...

Hi Giannis and welcome to SROUK Smiley

This is a pre season multiclass test/fun race. In this race you can choose the Aquila, the DP or any GT3 car from the GTR3 class.

For our championship season which starts on 17th January we will race GTR3, then Aquila, then GTR3 again, then multiclass (GTR3/DP) and repeat this rotation for total of 24 weeks as seen here....

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13521.0

gchristod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2015, 08:42:06 PM +0000 »

This is a pre season multiclass test/fun race. In this race you can choose the Aquila, the DP or any GT3 car from the GTR3 class.

For our championship season which starts on 17th January we will race GTR3, then Aquila, then GTR3 again, then multiclass (GTR3/DP) and repeat this rotation for total of 24 weeks as seen here....

Hi goldtop, actually I've raced with you guys before (gt3s@red bull ring, missed sachsering because of the 503 errors) and will race again this weekend if all goes according to plan Smiley For the test event I would like an Aquila then.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 08:43:59 PM +0000 by Giannis Christod » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2015, 08:50:38 PM +0000 »

Hi goldtop, actually I've raced with you guys before (gt3s@red bull ring, missed sachsering because of the 503 errors) and will race again this weekend if all goes according to plan Smiley For the test event I would like an Aquila then.

Ah me and my memory  wheelchair

Thanks, I'll put you down for an Aquila  thumbup1

AndrexUK

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 01:33:36 AM +0000 »

Hi guys,

Very interested in joining your league here!
Love GT3s, Love Multi-class, love longer races! It's like you guys have created a league for Andrex Smiley

Getting very fed up with Project Cars, and picked up RRE after a long absence. It's improved a huge amount, and has managed tempt me into purchasing a load of content. (Missed black friday deal by 2 days Sad ).

But would love to drive the Green #1 BMW B6 Alpina with you guys!

I posted on the other forum to join into the last race of season 1, so that would be a nice tester if there is space on Sunday?
Let me know if you'd like to see me drive before then ofc, should be on-line tomorrow night (will be practicing :p ).

Thanks

Steam ID: AndrexUK
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 07:23:54 AM +0000 »

GoldTop

I think I will be in the chev prototype

Bru, there is a big difference in pace, between the cars, like c1 and chev, 10 seconds

so this will be an interesting race

Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 11:32:02 AM +0000 »

#2 post updated with driver car choices.........keep 'em coming fellas.

Andrex, you are welcome to join us tomorrow at Zandvoort. All our races are open to members here and you don't have to sign up in advance.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 04:42:33 PM +0000 »

Goldtop, I will be in the CDP car 8

#Ant
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 08:57:10 PM +0000 »

Think i'll go with the Aquila

Only doing 2.32 after a few laps in it, but definitely a nice car to drive.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 09:31:25 PM +0000 »

I like the Aquila too and I reckon the Cup series will prove to be quite popular if my test races are anything to go by.

I'll put you down for an Aquila then for now and let me know if you have a preferred skin. Would be nice to have a varied grid.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:55 AM +0000 »

Did some testing with the CDP, the fuel system sucks, We have no option on what level to start the race on, so this means start is 100L, but the in the first round of stops you can choose how much to add, 1L to 100L or you can choose to auto add. Normal, safe or risky.

So when I raced the AI start at 100, the car is a dog, only into the race the fuel load got  lighter, the the car comes together. Also in practice same thing, I can only get close to my real pace after running for 30 minutes.

All that said, It would be nice to choose what fuel level you start on, and manage your own strategy.

Anyway, maybe they can fix it in updates to come

Ant  cowboy

#Ant
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com