The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:21:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1 Oulton Park: December 16, 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Fun Race - Ferrari F40 @ Oulton Park - Dec 16  (Read 4007 times)
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 08:05:06 PM +0000 »

I was getting 41 all round so I took a further two psi out of each and straight away improved my laptime.

Hoping to jump on bit later but won't get long, half hour tops, assuming a server is even up, usually rely on Eriks

Like I said I'm not racing, but I'm still here  Grin Server is up and running.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 09:24:28 PM +0000 »

Was on the server but nobody showed up. 1:49.3 now  Smiley quite pleased considering I'm manually h-shifting too  Tongue

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 09:44:52 PM +0000 »

Nope. I'm out

I cant be consistent on my own let alone having others around. I dont consider this a car to be driven, relying on the ffb to tell me whats going on. the car is bucking all over the place, it handles like a sack of potatos, brakes too sensitive, i have no confidence on turn in. The only way to drive this is 'by the numbers' tun here, be at this speed, brake at this % which i find really dull and boring in these road cars.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 10:40:16 PM +0000 »

I thought it was a handful for first 10 minutes but as soon as I stopped trying to go flat out from the off, it all came together. You just have to try and get the mindset that your actually driving the car and it means you ease off the throttle earlier and brake and slow properly, then the lap times tumble and you can gradually force the pace as you get the feel of it, within reason.
It's certainly not too hard to drive, I'm doing it one handed as I change gears!  Tongue I also found the brakes good on it.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 11:42:46 PM +0000 »

Well thats another issue; driving manual cars with paddle shift means you end up relying on the auto clutch to randomly, almost 0.5-1sec later hearing the revs rise as it tries ot match the speed. Its too unpredictable. Sure i can see a smooth style is need in these cars as they are very soft, but with very little resistance through the wheel i lack talent. ITs not the actually loads but more of a resistance almost, too much power steering.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 06:40:16 AM +0000 »

Max out your camber ad set your tyres to about 22psi.

Incan imagine with auto clutch this car being a pita to drive tho. Sad

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 07:35:42 AM +0000 »

I did a 1:50 with auto clutch and then a 1:49.3 with manual shifts (after an extra half hour praccy) so not much in it to be fair. Only thing manual shifting gives (other than more immersion) is that it makes you drive the car more naturally so you drive it like you would a real one, downshifting and braking in time (and trying not to smash it up or go off!) Also with auto clutch I would go up into 4th more and then take too much momentum into corners. Manually I stay in third more and downshift to 2nd for the tighter corners. Keeps the car stable. I'm running 33psi all round, camber at -1
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:21:28 AM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2015, 10:31:37 AM +0000 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4VMCN1iIxk&feature=youtu.be

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 08:19:50 PM +0000 »

But were you still using your H-shifter mark? Using it means you have to slow it all down, i guess its more habit, paddle allows you to get down the box quite quickly. I always seem to be going for first into the second chicane, just find the gears a little too tall for my liking but end up spinning out.

I'll try it out tonight.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 09:04:44 PM +0000 »

no, I did autoclutch with paddle shifters then h-shifter with manual clutch pedal.

Server needs an update chaps, Kunos have released 1.4 update  Smiley  otherwise you get a checksum error and booted when you try and join the server like I did earlier.

Inspired by the video (which looks like a pro racing driver driving it!) I got down to a 1:47.6 with 20L fuel onboard Shocked
I increased my camber to -1.5 f, -1.0 rear and dropped my psi to 30 all round.

managed to lunch a gearbox this eve doing manual h-shifting so i'll have to be careful of that in the race. Undecided

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2015, 09:40:07 PM +0000 »

setup tweaks helped alot, have also increased the road affect and min force which helps alot, need to feel the weight of the car, if artificial.

I did do a 49.0 but then each lap either side was 3 secs off! Am struggling turning, braking then turning into the double-RHer towards end.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 12:49:41 AM +0000 »

I turn all the effects off and its much better on my t500x

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 09:03:31 AM +0000 »

I'm getting a checksum error when trying to join the server since downloading DP3

Still learning so be patient
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2015, 09:41:15 AM +0000 »

That'll be because I didn't know about the update until about 30 mins ago. I have some work I must do first but will update the server before tonight's race.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:54 PM +0000 »

And the server is now up to date. However I still need to buy the DP3 so that content is missing for now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com