The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:46:18 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E2H Laguna Seca: December 17, 2015
December 17, 2015, 09:09:10 PM +0000 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - RRE Season 2 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 1 +1:27.404
---
1 31:19.452
---
21 0 1:27.372
---
Goodyear  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 2 +1:28.118
---
2 +1.825
---
21 0 1:28.245
---
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 4 +1:28.253
---
3 +7.144
---
21 0 1:28.265
---
Goodyear  
Timbo

BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 3 +1:28.185
---
4 +7.272
---
21 0 1:27.654
---
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown}
---
5 +45.538
---
21 0 1:28.360
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 6 +1:30.124
---
6 +1L
---
20 0 1:30.042
---
Goodyear  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar {unknown}
---
7 +2L
---
19 3 1:30.401
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 5 +1:28.934
---
8 +17L
---
4 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 2 Race Room Historics - Laguna Seca - Dec 17  (Read 6149 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 10:57:01 PM +0000 »

Yep I seen him, hated it at first, but once I made the setup sensible it was a great drive, 4 wheel drifting
on the throttle.  Grin Only downside is that it has to be bought.

I notice there is a "bl_850" directory as well? could this be a mini to go with the NSU?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 12:50:39 AM +0000 »

Oh yep, your right. Scrub that then, no point for a single race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 08:37:55 AM +0000 »

Well it would likely be more than just one race over the year. Have to think about that one.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 10:12:13 AM +0000 »

Wasn't planning to race here, but then found myself with a free evening so thought I'd hop on. Started well, mixing in with the front group for a few laps which was fun. Then a slow-down penalty (first of many..) meant I lost touch, and with no-one to follow I realised I wasn't really sure where the proper brake points were - usually I would brake and turn in far too early and that gave me a whole heap more of cut track warnings and slow-downs. Ah well, early laps were fun.

Congrats podium, and thanks to organisers - hopefully more historic fun in these cars next year. Happy Christmas all!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 05:20:48 PM +0000 »

Just had a quick sp race in the Daytona Prototype to test the cuts and I'm still not sure I'm experiencing the same problems as some of you seem to be. When I deliberately cut the kink in the SF straight I received a 2.8 second penalty which slowed me down immediately but didn't start counting down until I was entering the long left hander at the bottom of the hill (Andretti?). I also received a 2.8 second penalty for cutting the corkscrew.

Both were blatant cuts which I would have expected a penalty for but I didn't receive any borderline penalties or any that I thought were unjust.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 11:19:51 AM +0000 »

hi goldtop,

i think the track is the problem, not the system.
in any tracks you get penalty where you did NO cut (or come outside AND earn time), so any tracks ok for the system and any tracks do destroy good races totaly.

the idea of this penalty system is ok, but without a correct warning (penalty give) it is not so good, S3S would do a good thing, if they would adding a system where you get 2xfree cuts (like in GTR2) and then from 3rd cut you get the timepenalty.

in laguna seca it was not good track for penalty, i chat message i saw manytimes people get penalty and laguna seca is not a track where cutting is a problem (like magny course or monza in GTR2 for example), and so in this track the penalty system was a fun killer,

in the actual level (how long we do drive this racegame) it is not possible (for me at least) to know every track, if there is a good or a bad track for cutting, this must be long long testing and after many races we know all "dump places", then everybody know where he must be carefull for example. i got a endless long penalty in laguna seca only for come in inside of long straight, which i never had before, so each race is a learning race for know tracks (and where penalty are) better.

but all in all, i would be happy if in tracks where we know already that are dump penaltys, the penalty system will be OFF,   

servus

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 04:42:20 PM +0000 »

Thanks to Matt and gt for organising their RRE races this Season. Looking forward to next year, here's hoping all the bugs are ironed out soon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 04:56:37 PM +0000 »

In P&G/GTR2/GTL we leave cut tracks on most of the time, because you have to really abuse them to get a penalty, but then at some places
you have to only wander off line a tiny bit and you get cut warnings, so in that case we sometimes turn them off.

That is on a track by track basis, as and when required. I personally have no problem with turning cuts off at tracks where they are silly
But my preference is for cuts on if they don't spoil the race. The way they have worked in the past in our experience of R3E is that you get some warnings
(never seemed to be a fixed number) then you get a penalty, and the penalty was a gentle reducion of power, and to me, was a reasonable way to discourage deliberate 4 wheels
off track, which has happened at times over my time of running series for sure. Not everyone is as carefull to keep two wheel on the track at all times
as some people may be. Reinhard tries hard, CliveL was very keen on it, other are quite happy to push the envelope when in a close race, so I like the
idea of "some" cut track penalty. What we had at Laguna was in my mind way too harsh, and would be one example of where I wished I had set them to off.
We depend on people reporting harsh cut tracks in other sims, adn that would be useful here where possible, I do some limited testing of tracks, but I don't
particularly test cut track warnings. My brief is more about finding tracks that I think suit a car set, than in testing for everything.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 05:22:44 PM +0000 »

One of the + points about RR is that all content is official so that should mean that quality is consistent and therefore should be no need to test tracks for things like cuts before setting races. It's disappointing if we can't rely on that.

However at the end of the day it's up to drivers to race within the limits. If you don't cut the track you won't get a penalty, simple as  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com