The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:18:04 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Raceroom Sunday Schedule  (Read 19676 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:39:08 PM +0000 »

Raceroom Sunday 2016 Schedule

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45  (60 Mins)

European GT Masters
Cars: "GTR3"
12 x 1 hour races with mandatory pitstop (normal tyre wear, 2 x fuel)

International Endurance Series
Cars: "GTR3" "Chevrolet Daytona Prototype"
6 x 1 hour races with mandatory pitstop (2 x tyre wear, 2 x fuel)

Aquila Sports Cup
Cars: "Aquila CR1 Cup"
6 x 1 hour (normal tyre wear, normal fuel)

All races manual rolling start with formation lap

Jan 17 GT3 Hockenheim GP

Jan 24 Aquila Hungaroring GP

Jan 31 GT3 Oschersleben

Feb 07 Endurance Monza GP

Feb 14 GT3 Eurospeedway Lausitz

Feb 21 Aquila Hockenheim National

Feb 28 GT3 Slovakiaring

Mar 06 Endurance Mid Ohio Full

Mar 13 GT3 Sachsenring

Mar 20 Aquila Nurburgring short

Mar 27 GT3 Hungaroring

Apr 03 Endurance Sonoma Sprint

Apr 10 GT3 Spa

Apr 17 Aquila Zandvoort National

Apr 24 GT3 Zolder

May 01 Endurance Laguna Seca

May 08 GT3 Moscow Raceway Full

May 15 Aquila Mid Ohio Chicane

May 22 GT3 Nurburgring GP

May 29 Endurance Portimao GP

Jun 05 GT3 Monza GP

Jun 12 Aquila Slovakiaring

Jun 19 GT3 A1 Ring Spielberg

Jun 26 Endurance Spa

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:31:13 AM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 07:58:54 AM +0000 »

Proper length races Smiley Some while since I've done a 90 min race.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 09:28:54 PM +0000 »

I don't think I can do them all, but I will probably do the GTM series. Depending on what day and timeyou run it.

Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:06:33 PM +0000 »

I don't think I can do them all, but I will probably do the GTM series. Depending on what day and timeyou run it.

Ant

Look forward to having you with us. Race time will probably be 20:00 with usual practice and quali before. The GTM series will be 12 races with the best 10 results counting towards championship so that divers who have to miss a couple f races still have equal chance in champ. The endurance and Aquila cup series will be best 5 results from 6.

AndrexUK

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:18:59 AM +0000 »

Hi GT,

I notice from Season 1's results, that drivers are not locked to a car for the full season, and can change machine per track, is that the case for this season?

Cheers
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 11:37:34 AM +0000 »

Hi GT,

I notice from Season 1's results, that drivers are not locked to a car for the full season, and can change machine per track, is that the case for this season?

Cheers

My understanding is that Drivers choose a car for the full season but can do one free change without penalty. Further changes will incur a 50% points loss. But GT is the Boss so he has the final say.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 12:51:43 PM +0000 »

Hi GT,

Cheers

My understanding is that Drivers choose a car for the full season but can do one free change without penalty. Further changes will incur a 50% points loss. But GT is the Boss so he has the final say.

Tony is correct.

I wasn't sure what to do regards car choice for this coming GT3 season. The main possibilities were:

free choice for all races with no restriction (like last season)
limited car changes (the one I chose)
1 or 2 max drives per car

There are of course other ways and they all have their merits.

In the good old days of GTR2 here I loved the restrictions of choosing one (one change allowed) car to drive per season as it just added to the real life experience a bit. The idea was that cars would have different relative strengths at different tracks which worked well in GTR2. Personally I'm not so sure about these GT3 cars  Undecided For me the Camaro is a dog on any track and a well driven Ford GT will win most races so it doesn't work so well imo.

The GTM season is now set up for one car change with no penalty so we'll keep it that way and see how it works. There is no restriction on the GTR3 car choice for the endurance events so that will allow drivers more freedom to try cars they fancy for a particular race. Seems a fair compromise.

It would be nice to see the quicker drivers steer away from the quickest cars but that gets very subjective.

A championship success ballast could mix things up a bit. There is talk of Raceroom having a ballast system in future which we'll look at when it arrives.

AndrexUK

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 02:08:09 PM +0000 »

Yeah, I had a look at some of the leaderboard times, and the Ford does seem to be a quick machine.
I didn't want to drive it, as I wanted to know that my pace was me, rather than the car.
I don't expect to be right at the front, and if it's full of fords in front of me, then so be it - I would rather the challenge!

But I'm now torn between the RUF / Alpina
Couldn't get a hold of the RUF in pCars, and it seems to drive more to my style in RRE
pCars doesn't have the B6, and I'm a BM driver irl, so I have a natural allegance to the Barvarian machines (Driving the Z4 in pCars league atm).

Will need to do a bit of testing, but I felt faster in the RUF at Zandvoort, but made a few mistakes.
If the Alpina is a little slower but more consistent for me, that might be my better choice.

But yes, the single swap sounds like a good compromise!
Thanks for clearing that up!!!
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 06:46:11 AM +0000 »

Hey

Are we using the Adac GTM cars only? Because there are no fords or rufs in that series. Or am I mistaken?

Ant

#Ant
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 09:14:17 AM +0000 »

I believe Goldtop has just called the series GT Masters, It doesnt relate to the adac class in game. The cars used will part of the GTR3 class, so you can pick the Ford or Ruf.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Stuck Duck

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 02:28:47 PM +0000 »

Hi, i did ask in another thread about joining one of your seasons, then kinda forgot about it (old age), do i have to register my interest anywhere or can i just drop in on the day and race?
Do you use teamspeak or anything like that?
Do you have servers up 24/7 or just on race day?
Love the idea of longer races, havnt done anything like that since the days of gp4.
Look forward to racing you guys soon, i think Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 02:49:50 PM +0000 »

Hi, i did ask in another thread about joining one of your seasons, then kinda forgot about it (old age), do i have to register my interest anywhere or can i just drop in on the day and race?
Do you use teamspeak or anything like that?
Do you have servers up 24/7 or just on race day?
Love the idea of longer races, havnt done anything like that since the days of gp4.
Look forward to racing you guys soon, i think Smiley
Just turn up on the night.

TS is available but not my area of expertise so I'll let someone else answer that one  angel

Praccy server runs all the time except for other series race nights when it is turned off to reduce load on server

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 04:48:39 PM +0000 »

I believe Goldtop has just called the series GT Masters, It doesnt relate to the adac class in game. The cars used will part of the GTR3 class, so you can pick the Ford or Ruf.

Thanx Spanner..
GT, can we use Adac GTM cars also in this one
Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 06:17:49 PM +0000 »

Thanx Spanner..
GT, can we use Adac GTM cars also in this one
Ant

surrender

I give in. You fellas are winding me up because it's the holiday season  laugh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 07:30:16 PM +0000 »

Count to ten GT  laugh

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com