The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 05:06:17 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Raceroom Sunday Schedule  (Read 19826 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 01:22:39 PM +0100 »

my vote goes for any of the below:

GT3
GT2
WTCC (would be good to try front wheel drive!)
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 03:56:37 PM +0100 »

..theres even the one make audi TT.

..But i've never got on with FWD.

The TT is fwd, its basically a TCR championship car. http://tcr-series.com/

I'd like to give the silhouette cars a try, another touring car option, the DTM, they're rwd.... lol.

Again, I'll drive what I'm told.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 10:57:25 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the suggestions...we'll give the GT2 and free Silhouette classes a go for the summer then. I'll put together 2 series of 5 sprint races to start on Sunday 3rd July which will take us into September. They will be championship races with free car choice for all events with best 4 scores counting.

I'll include some of the tracks Matt intends to use in his historic series and I'll make sure any tracks that aren't included in the Euro and US packs get used in future Sunday series too.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:24 PM +0100 »

Time to think about next season's Sunday Raceroom events. Personally I think the GT3 cars are the most deserving of our attention as they have such variety and the most recent physics build (and there are more on the way). Not sure about the Silhouettes  Undecided I find them a bit frustrating to race but I know others have enjoyed them. GT2s were good fun.

Would be nice to get back to hour long races with a forced pitstop but open to ideas on everything. Rota might run something like this:

Week 1 GT3
Week 2 GT2
Week 3 GT3
Week 4 Silhouette or P1 or P2 or GT2 or something else?

I'll need to put something together by next week as after that will be my busy time at work so shout up please.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 06:51:28 PM +0100 »

Are the ADAC's any good?  Wink  Evil

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 09:59:36 PM +0100 »

The mixture you suggested below looks good to me GT, I think you should stick with the silhouettes instead of the P1 as they never really seem to be very popular in this league.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 03:21:07 PM +0100 »

Details now sorted, I'll be posting these up in the next few days but will basically be a series of GT3, GT2 and Silhouettes to take us up to the end of the year.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:24 PM +0000 »

Time to think about next season's Sunday Raceroom events. Personally I think the GT3 cars are the most deserving of our attention as they have such variety and the most recent physics build (and there are more on the way). Not sure about the Silhouettes  Undecided I find them a bit frustrating to race but I know others have enjoyed them. GT2s were good fun.

Would be nice to get back to hour long races with a forced pitstop but open to ideas on everything. Rota might run something like this:

Week 1 GT3
Week 2 GT2
Week 3 GT3
Week 4 Silhouette or P1 or P2 or GT2 or something else?

I'll need to put something together by next week as after that will be my busy time at work so shout up please.

That time again folks. I think the current format of 40 minute sprint races and tyres and fuel set to normal works ok so I'd like to keep that for the GT races.

GT3s seem popular and with even more car choice on the way soon, they will always get my vote. Not so sure about the GTR2 class until it receives a physics update  Undecided

I'd like to run a bit more variety this time, maybe a P class or a TC or even open wheel???

Above all, I want to keep our current drivers happy and would be nice to attract a few more.

I'll probably run a 6 month season starting in January with maybe a couple of pre season fun races.

Thoughts?

frex

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 01:51:06 PM +0000 »

I quite like the GT2/GT3 cars I have, and these series will always be popular. However I'm not a fan of the modern Touring Car "Experiences".

I could be tempted with a single-seater series, but it's the Formula Junior that looks most fun to me (although I haven't tried it). This could be a good fit for the new double race format, with 2 shorter races - with or without reversed grid? Just a thought.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 08:44:59 PM +0000 »

I can do GT3 all year long to be honest. Not really a fan of the GT2's, tricky to to get right.

I think we've done the silhouettes enough. I've never got on with FWD but would be prepared to try them out properly. Never had a decent race in single seaters, too many sticky-out bits. What about DTM? Always love those cars, cross between the aero of a single seater and a touring car.... and use the 2 race, reverse grid??? please!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 08:37:23 PM +0000 »

I liked the previous mix you did with GT3's rotating with GT2's and silhouettes. I am also up for adding single seaters/Prototypes/touring cars. If we tried out WTCC I will try a FWD car as I have never raced one before
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 09:30:22 AM +0000 »

Thanks for your thoughts. I can see how pleasing all of the people all of the time has its challenges  Wink

I'm glad the GT3s are popular as they will remain the core of our racing and with new cars coming along soon it can only get better.

Here's what I propose then:

Week 1 GTR3, 40 minute "sprint" races
Week 2 Modern DTM, type and format to be confirmed
Week 3 GTR3, 60 minute "endurance" races with mandatory pitstop (details to be confirmed)
Week 4 Formula Junior, 2 x 20 minute races (details to be confirmed)

I'll hold a test event in January for the Formula Junior to check how collisions are handled and to see how smoothly the 2nd race reverse grid works.

What about DTM? Always love those cars, cross between the aero of a single seater and a touring car.... and use the 2 race, reverse grid??? please!

I know nothing about DTM. Any chance you could have a look at the most suitable race format and car set we can run and let me know please?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 09:36:26 PM +0000 »

Sounds good to me
frex

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2016, 02:44:23 PM +0000 »

I know nothing about DTM. Any chance you could have a look at the most suitable race format and car set we can run and let me know please?

Any chance we could have this finalised over the weekend? I would probably have given the DTM races a miss, but with the current Black Friday sale (and being the cheapskate that I am..) I might pick up a single DTM car if I know which one to get. And a single Formula Junior car is only 15 vrp atm.

Sale ends Monday.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 04:31:44 PM +0000 »

Any chance we could have this finalised over the weekend? I would probably have given the DTM races a miss, but with the current Black Friday sale (and being the cheapskate that I am..) I might pick up a single DTM car if I know which one to get. And a single Formula Junior car is only 15 vrp atm.

Sale ends Monday.

Was thinking exactly the same thing here. I would guess the DTM 2016 car set would be the most obvious choice to run as it has the latest physics but I was more concerned about what format the events should take. I'll pm Spanner in case he's not picked up these posts.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com