by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 10:44:36 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L16FS Goodwood: November 07, 2016
November 07, 2016, 08:43:47 PM +0000 - Goodwood (Circuit) - UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Sprint Races
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#16) GTC-65 2 +0.997
103.673mph
1 41:54.910
102.105mph
30 1:22.653
103.559mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR1 (#24) GTC-65 1 1:21.565
104.941mph
2 +22.563
101.197mph
30 1:21.967
104.426mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DBR1 (#14) GTC-65 4 +2.667
101.618mph
3 +1L
98.132mph
29 1:24.700
101.056mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Austin-Healey 100S (#700) GTC-65 5 +4.151
99.859mph
4 +1.180
98.086mph
29 1:25.283
100.366mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 9 +7.224
96.402mph
5 +2L
95.282mph
28 1:26.819
98.590mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
AC Ace (#4) GTC-65 8 +6.421
97.282mph
6 +5.230
95.085mph
28 1:27.400
97.935mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 3 +1.195
103.425mph
7 +6L 24 1:22.848
103.315mph
unknown
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR1 (#4) GTC-65 7 +6.010
97.739mph
8 +21L 9 1:27.187
98.174mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Austin-Healey 100S (#32) GTC-65 6 +4.666
99.262mph
9 +25L 5 1:26.681
98.747mph
suspension
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Wiltshire Tony loses control before the St Mary\'s bend and continues along the barrier until he rejoins the track just after the turn. Not much he could do and he did not hit anyone when rejoining the track. Unfortunately SpecialKS and Bob.M collide as they take avoiding action.
Having studied this incident it is the Moderators decision to call this a Racing Incident.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Sprint Races - Goodwood - Nov 7  (Read 5011 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2015, 01:07:51 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: Goodwood GP Circuit Download this

Cars allowed: Aston Martin DBR1 Download this, Jaguar D-Type (1955 version only) Download this, Mercedes 300SL (LM55) Download this, Austin Healey 100 Download this, AC Ace Download this

Drivers are reminded that they are limited to only ONE drive with each make. Check your status HERE

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (30 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk Monday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:59:10 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:50:21 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately my attendance at this final event is unlikely, Joanne and me are off for a long weekend in Glastonbury. Travelling back on Monday but doubtful that we will be home in time. (Hopefully it will be raining and Jo will want to leave a bit early).

I'll do my best to make it but can't promise anything.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 06:23:57 AM +0000 »

Only the Healey left, but I like Goodwood.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:59:58 PM +0000 »

I'm in Hemel codding Hempstead for the week so will miss everything  :'(

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:16:55 PM +0000 »

Sorry Geoff I cost you the lead. After that I quit in disgust.  hammer

Qualifying was a disaster just couldn't find my braking  points, eventually put in a good lap with minimum fuel.  The race went Ok for the first few laps helped by Tony causing Mayhem by spinning with me far enough behind to take evasive action but stay on the black stuff. Was 4th I think at one stage for a few laps until Tony got by me then I screwed up coming out of chicane by running wide on the grass discoing and ending up next to last.  no

After a while I saw the leaders dicing on the approach to the chicane and I came wide and slowed to let Geoff and Erling through but only succeeded in blocking Geoff's path and causing him to swerve to avoid me  oops censored and going off to let Erling through and build up a 4 to 5 second lead before Geoff got back up to speed.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 09:45:23 PM +0000 »

That might have been more interesting if I had put in enough fuel for the race!!  Roll Eyes

I could not get my Healey to match the pace of the Astons on an open track, but with a little slipstream and by driving the wheel nuts off my car I could just about stay with Erling and hope for a rare mistake.

I was ( to say the least!) a little dismayed to see that I had just not checked the fuel for the race??!! and had to pit for a total guess on what was needed after about 5-6 laps. I emerged from the pits to find myself behind Erling again, but a lap down and in last place. Just to make sure I did not compromise Erling's race I stayed a respectful distance back and used him as a target to try and catch the others. That worked quite well, and I was a witness to Geoffers' incidents from my tailgating position.
I don't think the Healey was ever going to beat the Aston's in the hands of Geoffers and Erling around here, but I enjoyed chasing them even when I was a lap down. My guesstimate about the fuel was wong and I had to do a second stop, where I think Arnold was loading the fuel with an eyedropper!!  it took so long I left the car and went for a drink in the bar!!

I have always been a fan of these cars, all I have to do now is learn how to drive and fuel them properly for the next time Tony sets up a series!!

Thanks for all the fun guys, and to Tony for organising.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 09:49:19 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 09:56:46 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to Geoffers; he is our 2016 Fifties Sprints Champion  clap clap clap

2nd - Erling  thumbup1 thumbup1

3rd - Ziu  thumbup2

Thank you to everyone who took part in these races and made it such a fun Championship. The cars take a rest now but they will return in 2018. There may be one race in in 2017 but this is still in the planning stages  shifty

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 06:38:45 AM +0000 »

Had hoped for a better farewell to this series but after a catastrophic first and some more bad laps I had to quit with a damaged suspension.

Had a satisfying private practice offline on Sunday using a setup from José ( Huh - hope to see him racing here again) but reaching only 1:26.7, changed to vintage tyres
yesterday and could improve to 1:24.7 in free practice realizing that the car had an a little bit more delicate handling with a tendency to rollovers. In quali I played around with the setup and decreased to 1:26.7 again and even with the setup from free practice I wasn't able to reach 1:24.7 again  Sad
Had a unusual good start but then the the crap continued ...

So impatiently waiting for 2018 ...  Cool

A big thanks to all involved for organizing this series  thumbup1 thumbup2 I Am Not Worthy and grats to Geoffers for winning this series  clap

Results to be posted tonight.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 10:38:02 AM +0000 »

Great race for me yesterday and a great finish to the series.

Practice and fiddling with setup had allowed me to shave ½ a sec off my pole time from last year. About a 10th off that in qual, but didn't matter, since Geoffers was almost a full second faster. Got a good start, retaining 2nd.  Clive in very close attendance over the early laps, while Geoffers eased away up front.

Suddenly Clive was gone, and I assumed he had gone off, not knowing about his fuel shortage. Surprised the gap was over 20 secs though. Scratching my head when a fast moving Healey appeared in front of Geoffers - how could we be lapping another driver already, if he was fast enough to stay ahead for several laps ?  Wink  Turned out to be Clive, when I got closer, so obviously something had delayed him greatly.

Geoffers appeared gone, when a dust plume at St. Marys announced he was back within range. Later that lap we caught Bill at the chicane, where a misunderstanding seemingly caused Geoffers to veer off track, thus handing me the lead.  6 sec gap and way too many laps left for me to have any hope of retaining it.  Drove as fast as I could, holding the gap for a few laps, but inevitably it started to shrink. When it was down to 4.5 secs, I caught a most uncooperative Healey. For some reason, its driver absolutely refused to help me even the slightest with getting past, essentially racing me for a full lap. Cost me my entire gap to Geoffers, who was rapidly all over my rear.  We both got past the Healey down Lavant, and I fully expected to have to concede the lead shortly after.

My luck then, when Geoffers spun exiting the chicane. With 10 laps to go, being handed a gap of 20+ secs was an absolute gift. If I could avoid mistakes, victory should be mine and so it played out.  Couldn't change the Championship result though, so grats to Geoffers on that, and he + Tony for the other podiums  clap clap   Commiserations to Ziu for missing the last round and probably the Championship.  Commiserations also to those that met with bad luck - sad to see Bill leave  Sad

Thanks to Tony for organising this great series - will be missing the cars next year  Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 01:09:49 PM +0000 »

Grats Geoffers and Erling !!!! thumbup2 clap
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 01:45:36 PM +0000 »

Sorry Geoff I cost you the lead. After that I quit in disgust.  hammer

No problem Bill, just a misunderstanding. You decided to go one way to make room just as I decided to go past on that side. Had to swerve left to avoid ramming you & lost the car  Roll Eyes.

Was surprised to be so much faster in qually, but did not have so much of an advantage in the race, Erling was able to stay quite close in the early laps. Had an off at St Marys before the incident with Bill which let Erling through & having caught back up I clipped the chicane & spun again. Any chance of a win was gone unless Ering made a mistake, he didn't, but I had two more brief offs in the last few laps to cap a poor performance.

It was a shame that Ziu couldn't make it  Sad, would have been much harder to have won the series otherwise.

So having won 3 series in the last 3 weeks, you will all be glad to know I have no chance of winning any of the others.  Grin

Congrats to Erling on the win & Tony in 3rd.  clap clap
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 05:39:06 PM +0000 »

The uncooperative Healey driver was me Erling. I'm not sure why but the harder I tried to let you through the more I got in the way. I was sure the Aston would eat me up at the 1st hint of a straight but for some reason you never seemed to get past and that just made me panic all the more.

A disappointing race overall for me, didn't practice enough to run anything other than the default set up and as I expected qualified in last place. Was able to outpace Roguk in the Ace although several mistakes made even that touch and go, and as others fell by the wayside found myself in an undeserving 5th place at the end, but overall a race riddled with mistakes and off track excursions.

Congrats to Geoffers on the championship and Erling on getting 2nd place even with my attempts to mess it all up for you.

Thanks to Tony for organising the series, hopefully we will get a chance to run these again in the future.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 08:23:35 PM +0000 »

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 08:26:32 PM +0000 »

The uncooperative Healey driver was me Erling. I'm not sure why but the harder I tried to let you through the more I got in the way. I was sure the Aston would eat me up at the 1st hint of a straight but for some reason you never seemed to get past and that just made me panic all the more.

A disappointing race overall for me, didn't practice enough to run anything other than the default set up and as I expected qualified in last place. Was able to outpace Roguk in the Ace although several mistakes made even that touch and go, and as others fell by the wayside found myself in an undeserving 5th place at the end, but overall a race riddled with mistakes and off track excursions.

Congrats to Geoffers on the championship and Erling on getting 2nd place even with my attempts to mess it all up for you.

Thanks to Tony for organising the series, hopefully we will get a chance to run these again in the future.

TTFN
John.

No worries John, it all worked out eventually.  While the Aston IS faster than the Healey, it's not THAT much faster, so I couldn't just power past, unless you lifted off a little.  Clive pretty much kept pace with me in his Healey, even though I went as quickly as I could.

Cheers,
Erling
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com