by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:36:14 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L16FE Bremgarten: April 04, 2016
April 04, 2016, 08:41:53 PM +0100 - Bremgarten - UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Endurance Races
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Mercedes 300SLR (#658) GTC-65 1 2:20.238
113.149mph
1 58:50.455
107.869mph
24 2:22.414
111.420mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 6 +7.457
107.436mph
2 +1:54.651
104.476mph
24 2:27.191
107.804mph
Dunlop  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 5 +4.127
109.914mph
3 +2:05.646
104.162mph
24 2:22.521
111.336mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Maserati 450S (#2) GTC-65 4 +3.440
110.440mph
4 +2:29.807
103.478mph
24 2:24.072
110.138mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#17) GTC-65 8 +9.851
105.722mph
5 +1L
99.354mph
23 2:29.651
106.032mph
Dunlop  
chmichel

Ferrari 375+ (#5) GTC-65 7 +7.885
107.126mph
6 +2L
94.485mph
22 2:29.863
105.882mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Jaguar D-Type (#4) GTC-65 9 +24.186
96.505mph
7 +5L
84.611mph
19 2:41.171
98.453mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 375+ (#14) GTC-65 2 +1.004
112.345mph
8 +11L 13 2:22.291
111.516mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Jaguar D-Type (#16) GTC-65 3 +1.904
111.633mph
9 +19L 5 2:27.132
107.847mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Endurance Races - Bremgarten - Apr 4  (Read 5100 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2015, 02:50:07 PM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

Grid/server capacity: 22

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (24 laps)

Cars allowed: Ferrari 250 Testarossa Download this, Jaguar D-Type (1957 only) Download this, Maserati 450S Download this, Aston Martin DBR2 (includes GTC-65 class fix) Download this, Ferrari 375 Download this, Mercedes 300SLR Download this

Drivers are reminded that they are restricted to ONE drive per make. Check your status here

Track: Bremgarten '54 Download this

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: x2

Server: simracing.org.uk Mondays
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:58:58 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:45:45 PM +0100 »

How the hell did I get a podium out of that???

Another race where I find myself choosing a different car to everyone else.... Either I'm very clever or I'm an idiot.. (Answers on a post card)..

Qualified 5th with a very lacklustre time in the mid 2:24's. I'm not sure what the tie loops are made of on the front of the Aston but if they touched the ground after the jump it somersaulted the car I didn't have it happen to me once during offline practising and then it happened twice in Qualy.

Got a great start and was up to 3rd by the 1st corner, nice and easy down the hill then completely screwed up the exit of that little complex and ran up the bank then back across the track, very well done to everyone for avoiding me while all this was going on, I was just a passenger at the time. Waited for everyone to file past and then set off in pursuit of the rest of the field.

Caught Bill fairly early on and he graciously kept left to allow me through, I responded by running way wide and giving him the position back again, this seemed to be setting the tone for my evening ahead. Caught him again and this time actually made it stick. A lap or so later was right up with Tony and got a better exit at the "Cobbles Hairpin"  and set off in search of Bob and Michel, I could see they were having a right ding dong ahead and slowing each other up. Michel spun at the hairpin and Bob and me were through, The next few laps consisted of Bob in his Mazza pulling out a lead on every available straight bit of track and me clawing it back during the twisty bits. Eventually he lost it after the long down hill section and launched it into orbit off the bank and I was through.

Was surprised (Impressed even) to find Roguk hammering the little Ferrari around at quite a lick but the superior power of the Aston slowly reeled him in, A great battle over the next few laps with me making a pass and then true to form screwing up and letting him back through, eventually I got through and even opened up a 5s gap at 1 point only to make a complete pigs ear of T1 and hit the bank spinning 180, Got pointing in the right direction as Roguk came around T1 so stayed right and let him through, This latest cockup put Bob back in my mirrors for a while but he pitted early so set about Roguk again, eventually made the pass only to again run wide a little later to let him back through again. Caught him into the hairpin but it was time for some fresh tyres, fuel and an assessment of the damage I had inflicted on the poor Aston. Pulled into the pits, surveyed my options.. I could see the pit crew ready with the hammers eager to knock out the dents. "How long to fix the bodywork"Huh Sheesh, forget that, just fill er up and put some fresh rubber on and don't spare the horses..

It was a good job I didn't waste time getting the bodywork repaired because straight out of the pits, and hit the bank after T1 (Again)!!!! Sorted myself out, Roguk was a long way up the road by now but he was still my target, things didn't get any better and a few laps later I lost it landing after the jump and almost collected Erling who was coming around to lap me at the time.

Over the next several laps I unlapped myself when Erling pitted  and slowly began to make significant ground on Roguk, and after he pitted I even began to believe I might grab a podium. Then Geoffers disappeared and I was 3rd, so perhaps even an undeserved 2nd was on the cards? Then I could actually see the Ferrari so near yet still so far away.. Then it felt like Christmas had arrived 9 months early as he had to take avoiding action due to a mix up with Tony and Michel and I was within 100m with 2 laps to go, cue evil laugh.. You're mine I thought to myself... Well you know what they say about Pride coming before a fall?? Yep, I ran wide again, I went so far off track I thought I might need to buy a ticket to be allowed back into the race.. By the time I recovered the little Ferrari was well gone so I calmed myself down and thanked everyone for a totally unexpected podium, I thought I was having a bad day, but some must have had a nightmare..

Thanks all, Congrats to Erling and Roguk and all finishers.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 06:48:40 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys - too late at home yesterday  Roll Eyes - I'll post the results tonight.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
chmichel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:20:28 AM +0100 »

Well that was an enjoyable race for me, I loved the track even thew I only did 4 or 5 laps before qualifying and I didn't have the time to pick the right car so I ended up choosing the Ferrari 375, I had a fairly good start found my self running fourth but not knowing the right braking points didn't help me out, and after a couple of laps I span at the hairpin and Bob and John passed through.

From then on my race started to get worse I flew a couple of times after T1, on the first fly luckily the damage was acceptable but on the second one the bodywork got really busted and my suspension was horrible so I had to pit early cz I was losing 8 sec a lap on my PB so I refueled the car and fixed the bodywork and the suspension and it was an eternity Pit-stop, took around 120 sec. !!!!!!

I rejoined the track and the car was in good shape did some acceptable times and then I found Tony arriving behind me like a Rocket so I wanted to let him pass peacefully but my car started to move left and right and unfortunately I hit him but luckily without major damage for him, and while I was moving slowly to let him pass I closed the door on Roguk who went a bit wide on the grass, so sorry again guys, beside that my race was fine,

Hope to see you all next race and hopefully will have more time to practice for next race  !!!

Cheers

Michel
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:50:23 AM +0100 »

I'm a driver incapacitated, a donkey. Rather than hold a steeringwheel between my hands  I should hold an iron. I should just disappear.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:47:20 AM +0100 »

I'm a driver incapacitated, a donkey. Rather than hold a steeringwheel between my hands  I should hold an iron. I should just disappear.

Your a very, very fast donkey tho  Wink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 09:08:18 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys - too late at home yesterday  Roll Eyes - I'll post the results tonight.
Shame you didn't make it. Thanks in advance for the results  thumbup1

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:23 AM +0100 »

I "think" I will get to do the Procar race on the 18th, I am doing a tour of the USA up to then
(Uther Side of Accrington)

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 12:59:10 PM +0100 »

Congrats to Erling, Rog & John & well done all who finished.  clap clap clap

Had a good race up until my pitstop, dicing with Erling for the lead, both of us making mistakes at the jump & swapping positions. Pitstop was a bit of a disaster, pulled up too close to the attendant & had to shunt back & forth to get in the right place for the board to come up. Then kept pressing the wrong keys to change the details  Roll Eyes.
Eventually made a mistake after the esses through the woods & got 2 wheels on the grass which pulled me off track into the trees. That's not normally a problem here as the trees are not solid, but there is the odd wooden railing amongst the trees which is solid & I hit one. Car dead, race over!  :'(

Oh well, cya all at Spa.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 01:17:25 PM +0100 »

I "think" I will get to do the Procar race on the 18th, I am doing a tour of the USA up to then
(Uther Side of Accrington)
lol

Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 04:15:35 PM +0100 »

Congrats to the podium!!  Just looked at the numbers, and a big big thumbs up to Roger, his top lap time was 3 to 5 seconds slower than the three of us but got a second place.  Great driving my friend!!!!!
My race was good, had one off in front of John on the downhill section.  Went up the bank and ended up across the track in the green.  Motor dead but it re-fired right up, car pulled a little to the right but ran some more laps and then pitted a little early.  Pitboard  said no suspension damage so just fueled and tired.  After that the right pull went away so maybe just all in my head.  Made a couple of tries to catch John but gave up on that and just drove a steady race to the finish. 

Much Fun
Bob M.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 06:18:52 PM +0100 »

Practiced hard for this race; after last year's disaster, I really wanted to finish the race here this time.

Surprised to find myself on pole, but the conspicuous absence of a couple of regular aliens, along with Ziu's wings being clipped a little by the Jag, no doubt helped  Smiley

Not much use though, when I made a very bad start, losing 3 places as Geoff, Ziu & John all shot past.  John almost made it through the 'Canyon' after the jump, but then hit the side and was launched over the track. I drove under his car and apparently contributed to his rotation. Sorry John; just nowhere else to go.  Up ahead, Ziu & Geoffers were setting a frightening pace and I couldn't keep up. Late on L1, Ziu then crashed in the same place where my D-Type race ended last year.  He wasn't quite so unlucky, but I still inherited 2nd place.

Chased after Geoffers, making no inroads into his lead over the early laps, but then I started gaining on him.  Dunno if it made him nervous and provoked a mistake, but I suddenly saw his car flipping around in the 'Canyon' section.  Had time to brake and tiptoe past, now in the lead.  Lasted a few laps, until I got the line through the jump slightly wrong.  Clipped the side, which flipped the car round and send me bouncing backwards down the track.  Between expletives, I only just had time to spin the car round before Geoffers roared past.  Nothing to do except giving chase again, all the while hoping the car had sustained cosmetic damage only.  Couldn't help laughing when Geoffers then copied my mistake on the next lap, handing the lead back to me. 

Regrettably, or fortunately perhaps, depending on viewpoint  Wink, that was more or less the last I saw of Geoff.  He dropped back more, seemingly after more incidents and eventually a pit stop.  When he ultimately left, I had a fairly huge gap to the 2nd place car, and thus eased off the pace - really didn't want the 2016 Dufus Award for completely unnecessarily tossing away an almost certain win  Smiley

Late pitstop after lap 18; no tyres or repairs, and 5 laps worth of fuel, which was more than enough to finish the race.

Thanks to those I lapped for helping me past without incidents.   Grats to all survivors and the rest of the podium - not least Roger; bringing home a 2nd place in the 250 TR on a power circuit like Bremgarten is no mean feat - well done mate!  clap

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 07:19:02 PM +0100 »

It was all looking quite promising
After the last race here that ended in a graphics nightmare.

Just stuck a pin in the list of available cars, and Mabel dragged the Aston out of the barn whilst Arnold checked for 4 tyres and some fuel.

Pre race practice showed that the Aston might be fast and stable on full fuel, with the potential to bother Erling up front.

The server switched to "Qually" mode and things started to go wrong.

It must have been a coincidence but my mouse pointer froze at that very moment. I thought that GTL had frozen, and tried various key strokes and karate kicks to persuade things to get going.
Eventually crashed the PC and did a restart.....still time to get going for the race even if my PC takes a millenium to boot up.
One reboot later, and it dawned on me tchat I had a missing rodent problem!!!!  ..........................no mouse activity!!
To cut a long story ( and much swearing and cursing ) short, my mouse had decided to run out of battery power at the critical moment!!
Add to that my inability to realise what the problem was, followed by a frantic search through the house to find batteries......buy now panic was setting in and the kitchen drawers wee trashed until 2 batteries were unearthed with a triumphant yell.

Back up the stairs, to the PC where the batteries were literally fired into the upturned mouse. Started GTL ......c'mon!! c'mon!!!
click "Multiplayer"..........awwww!! c'mon faster!!!
click "lobby connectio"................."how slow can this be??!!"
click SROU server.......................select Aston.................watch the Bremgarten circuit loading bar crrraaaaawwwwll across the bottom of the screen.......and "woohooo!!! we are into the race!!!"

Watch the names loading....Erling,.......Ziu..................Geoffers..............Bill...........Tony ...........etc etc........finally  "loading Clive"!!..." Phew!!!!!"

Fully expected to be back of the grid, but at least I had just got into the race...and then............"you have been booted!"...............

It would not be the action of a gentleman to express what happened next on this forum.............................................................................

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 07:39:53 PM +0100 »

Here we go:

Results

Cool

CU next week

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz