by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 12:25:50 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L16FE Spa: December 05, 2016
December 05, 2016, 08:43:56 PM +0000 - Spa (1947-78) - UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Endurance Races
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 1 3:45.494
138.689mph
1 1:01:40.836
135.206mph
16 3:45.887
138.448mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#66) GTC-65 2 +0.195
138.569mph
2 +41.494
133.707mph
16 3:46.295
138.198mph
Pirelli  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#66) GTC-65 3 +0.269
138.524mph
3 +51.229
133.360mph
16 3:46.193
138.261mph
Pirelli  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Mercedes 300SLR (#507) GTC-65 5 +9.083
133.319mph
4 +2:34.985
129.772mph
16 3:52.958
134.246mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 375+ (#545) GTC-65 4 +5.202
135.562mph
5 +2:52.594
129.182mph
16 3:49.182
136.457mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 375+ (#14) GTC-65 7 +9.761
132.935mph
6 +3:28.193
128.005mph
16 3:51.642
135.008mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 6 +9.751
132.940mph
7 +5:50.200
123.518mph
16 3:54.266
133.496mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Mercedes 300SLR (#2) GTC-65 8 +18.932
127.947mph
8 +1L
121.220mph
15 4:01.627
129.429mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes 300SLR (#101) GTC-65 9 +23.031
125.837mph
9 +1:11.942
119.007mph
15 4:05.911
127.174mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 16 Fifties Endurance Races - Spa - Dec 5  (Read 6814 times)
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 03:12:17 PM +0000 »

Nico Rosberg announced his retirement from F1
Wonder if Mercedes will make a bid for Verstappen?

Could be Pascal Wehrlein, he is Mercedes driver.........You think to see again Hamilton-Alonso  Grin

Verstappen is impossible, never RedBull give up to him
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 08:59:48 AM +0000 »

Wonder if Mercedes will make a bid for Verstappen?

Verstappen has already stated he isn't interested. I wouldn't want him at Mercedes as well, RBR seems like such a nice place to be than the stiff atmosphere at Mercedes.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 04:31:59 PM +0000 »

Tony, this morning Server was still set at Normal fuel consumption. Would you please set it at x2 so we can confirm our Race fuel consumption is correct for Monday's race?  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 04:42:20 PM +0000 »

Tony, this morning Server was still set at Normal fuel consumption. Would you please set it at x2 so we can confirm our Race fuel consumption is correct for Monday's race?  Grin
Sorry Bill. Should be ok now.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 06:43:28 PM +0000 »

Sorry Bill. Should be ok now.

Thanks.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 10:12:26 PM +0000 »

Results and replay now posted

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 10:23:12 PM +0000 »

Our final race in these Fifties brutes for a whole season (possibly).

We have to crown our Champion Erling  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

and praise too for

2nd Bob.M  thumbup2 thumbup2

3rd Jeep  clap

Well done Gents and as always, thank you to everyone who took part.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 09:52:58 AM +0000 »

Thanks for all the 50's fun Tony.

Grats to Erling, Bob and Jeep for the championship top spots.

Despite my appalling pitstops and the inept pit crew, I still managed to squeak some half decent results.  I definitely need to practice my pit stops!!!
 The race at Spa was a typical example of how I threw away good chances whilst fannying around in the pitlane.

The Fezza375 that I was left with, might not have the outright speed to challenge those Monster Mazzas ( or the blistering pace of Geoffer's DB2 with Nitrous Oxide!! ) but it could claw back time through the corners. The only downside was the setup that needed a bit more work as it had been infected by the Capri 2600 curse  Shocked and the slightest excess pressure on the gas would provoke terminal oversteer and wild tank slappers.
Driving the whole race with a feather light right foot is not my style, but the upside is that it made the car super economical and once the race had started I realised that my full tank would take me to at least lap12, or should I play cunning and try to squeeze a couple more laps and maybe go for a splash and dash at 14 laps. But, the red mist got the better of me and I just had to chase the leading trio!!  After they had pitted my long stint had pushed me up to 2nd and only about 8 secs behind Geoffers, although his pace was slowly extending that gap. Erling was about 14 secs back so was sure to pass at the pitstop, but a quick stop might give me a chance of mixing it with Jeep??

When the time came for the pitstop, I had worked out that I did not even need half a tank of fuel and the vintage tyres were still good, so this should be a lightening stop and back out in 4th, or possibly even close to the leaders??!!

Well the plan was good. I remembered the pit limiter and cruised down the 10 mile long pit lane to my slot. Slowly creeping up to my man, but I just could not find the correct spot to bring up that pit board!!  backwards...stall...start...forward...stop...no board engage reverse...stall...start .... reverse...stall...start...forward again............... I must have done that about 3 times before the board popped up.
By now Erling had regained his 2nd place, Jeep had roared through and then I heard Bob go past and I had not even started my refuel!!!

The last 4 laps were just sooo frustrating as I wanted to get after Bob and basically I was pushing too hard instead of keeping it smooth and numerous small mistakes and tank slappers lost me any chance.

I hope that these cars make a comeback soon and if I  can get my pitstops sorted, maybe I will enjoy them even more.

Those of you who enjoy the fifties racing might be interested to know that GPL is promised a new set of cars based on the 1955 GP series BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! 
There are all the iconic cars Mercedes W196 and Vanwall amongst them. There has been several years of development in these and we are promised brakes that fade rapidly, tyres that offer decreasing grip and cars that are way too powerful and no grip.  What else could we wish for?? Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 09:58:41 AM +0000 »

Grats to Geoffers for win and track record, grats to Erling and Jeep.................and above all grats to Bob for his second place on championship. Well done mate !!!  thumbup2
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 12:08:14 PM +0000 »

Thanks for all the 50's fun Tony.

Grats to Erling, Bob and Jeep for the championship top spots.

I hope that these cars make a comeback soon ...

+1   Wink

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 12:11:00 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony for the Series and Congrats to the Championship First, Second and Third Placings!  I Am Not Worthy rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 12:45:49 PM +0000 »

Dreadful race for me. I never ever want to drive that Ferrari 375+ again. Four times during the race it would take my steering inputs too seriously and proceed to bring the rear end around to perform a 360 spin or go into a violent tank slapper which often proved disastrous. Looks like most had a better race than me.

I want to run a Fifties event for the LCMT in May. If folk want to pm with their thoughts on a fitting format please do so. I will need details of cars, track, length, pitstops? etc.
Look forward to reading your suggestions  thumbup1

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:53 PM +0000 »

I think I was surprised as anybody how quick I managed to get the Aston around here. In several laps testing at the weekend I never got below 3.47, so was amazed to do 3.45 on my first qually lap. In fact on subsequent laps I was 0.7s quicker in the middle sector & then 0.5s quicker in the first sector before messing up, so a 3.43 was definitely in reach! Shocked

Race went really well, got a good run through the early part of the lap & was out of reach of the monster Massers by the Masta Straight. It helped that Erling got a bad start, when he got into 2nd place he started to close the gap & I was sure he would catch me. But after a couple more laps the gap started to grow again & I was 6s to the good come pitstop time. With less fuel to put in (Aston only just did 8 laps on a tankful) & no tyres to change I rejoined now over 30s ahead of Erling with just Jeep ahead & still to do his pitstop. With such a big lead I could relax a little & just concentrate on not making any silly mistakes (kept thinking about TransAms at Watkins Glen!) & bring the car home.

Congrats to Erling & Jeep  clap clap, don't know how you guys can keep that big Masser on the road for an hour.  I Am Not Worthy I Am Not Worthy

Also congrats to Erling, Bob & Jeep on the championship podium.  thumbup2, & thanks to Tony for great organisation.  thumbup2
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 05:57:24 PM +0000 »

Tough race for me yesterday.  Offline experiments with setup had allowed me to shave a couple of secs off my pb from last year.  However, looking at peoples remaining car choices revealed that Geoffers would be a tough nut to crack; too tough as it turned out. If he went with the Masser, he would surely be faster than me, and last year Bob kept pace with me in his Aston, so unlikely that Geoffers would be slower.

New pb in qual, by a few 10th.  Could potentially have stolen pole, as my last lap showed -0.5 at the first split, but regrettably I tossed it away later that lap and had to settle for 2nd.

John made one of his usual blistering starts, and Clive squeezed through at Eau Rouge, dropping me to 4th.  Got past again at the first serious straight, but Clive continued to make himself a nuisance in the corners for the first 1½ lap or so.  Eventually got a small gap and could focus on chasing John.  He ran wide early on L3, gifting me 2nd.  Chase on for Geoffers, but couldn't catch him, and he slowly stretched the gap to 5-6 secs, while I had the same to John behind.

Followed Geoffers into the pits at the end of L8.  Probably lost some time to him there, as I tiptoed through the long pit lane - didn't want to risk a S/G, due to the missing limiter in the Massa. Can't remember when I've last screwed up a pitstop, but yesterday I did!   Pulled into my stall in front of Geoffers, got the pit board and started my selections: "No repairs", "No tyres", "a full tank of fuel", and then I just sat there waiting for things to happen.  Geoffers finished and left - awfully quick it seemed to me, and only then did it dawn on me that I had neglected to hit 'Enter', to get my selections going!!  cursing  Probably lost some 15-20 secs by that mistake.

Exited in 4th, to what was one of my toughest drives yet in GTL.  Trying to make up for the lost time in the Monster Massa on worn tyres demanded very high levels of concentration.  Two laps later John did a late pitstop, where I passed him.  Given my own bumbled pitstop, it probably meant he was changing tyres.  Bad news, as that would make him much faster than me in the remaining part of the race.  With 5 laps to go, I had an 11-sec gap, and was losing 2 secs a lap. This was going to be close!!  sweatdrop  Went as fast as I possibly could on my increasingly bad tyres.  At the start of the penultimate lap, gap was down to 7 secs. Lost time, when I went halfways up an embankment, but John must have had his own moment(s), as the gap was still 7 secs at the beginning of the final lap.  Thus I could ease off just a little, making sure to bring it home.

Grats to Geoffers on a convincing win, and to John on 3rd - and of course to Bob & John on the other cups in the championship  clap clap clap

Thanks to Tony for the organising; will be missing these cars too.

Cheers,
Erling

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 09:13:18 PM +0000 »

Results

Cool

After one mistake during first lap (always the same corner on this track for me  Huh) I had a lonely race in 7th place.
Only did refueling, stayed on my "old shoes" and wasn't able to match Tony's pace also due to that fact.
Last part of last lap was terrible as I left the track on that particular place mentioned before and had to go outside
the barriers until just up to the finish line where I luckily could reenter the track.

Thanks again Tony for all your work - hope to see these cars again.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:20:59 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com