by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:09:31 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: P&G Inter-League 2016  (Read 1708 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2016, 02:32:49 PM +0000 »

Now the 2015 P&G Inter-League races have finished, I would like to know how much interest there is in running something similar in 2016. Be it along similar lines to 2015 or a combined SROUK-NG-GC series without a team element.

Let me know your thoughts & any other ideas you may have.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 09:23:49 AM +0000 »

I think that the chance is somewhere between zero and naff-all!

There is no active PnG series here and, from what Matt has said, there isn't going to be, even if the next PnG update appears.

Probably best to just call it a GC v NG series.  With the exception of Matt, the last round would have had the same people racing anyway.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 09:58:28 AM +0000 »

I have little interest in P&G anymore. I would have a lot of interest if it was more popular, I don't care too much what sim I do
as long as there are enough people to make it a going concern. P&G attendance here dropped off to 4 people at times, and didn't
go over single figures for a year, so as far as I am concerned it is dead. From what I have seen of the "update" it is pointless, and adds nothing
of any value. I asked if anyone wanted to take over P&G and the silence was deafening. Only CLive really supports it on here.
I am more interested in R3E these days, which doesn't get big grids either, but seems to be growing in interest so Tudor and I are
supporting it was best we can.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 12:54:33 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the comments guys. To be honest it is only the NoGrip League which seems to have any interest in P&G now, like here, few at GC seem interested either. I agree with Matt about the v3.2 update, I think GTLW would have spent their time better adding new content rather than reworking existing physics, I doubt it is going to see much renewed interest in P&G. GTL soldiers on because of all the extra content supplied by the modders & P&G needs something similar to happen to rekindle interest in it.  Sad
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 10:46:09 PM +0000 »

If any of you guys are still interested in some online P&G racing, can I point you to the NG League this Sunday (Jan 17th) where they will be racing 2 of the cars that have recently been updated. The Ford GT40 Mk2 & the Porsche 906/8 at Brno. All welcome.

See here for full details:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357152

If that is too long a race, the event is repeated on Wednesday but with 2 races of 25 mins duration.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:55 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the heads up Geoffers.

My tiny brain can only cope with one sim at a time (it's an age thing) and I'm now desperately trying to come to terms with GTL's 67F1 offering, so I'm affraid that I shall have to drop out of the Wednesday races.  The Sunday races were always a bit iffy and War and Peace seems to have claimed that slot.

Added to that, I have had to reconfigure my wheel to get back into F1 mode and I can't face faffing about with multiple configurations.

Thanks for all your work on the PnG front and Matt's too.

The guys at the GTL Workshop can be proud of their work (a complete package) but they have been somewhat pushed aside by the part finished projects that have currently claimed centre stage.  It staggers me what people are prepared to put up with!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 09:17:52 AM +0000 »

Guys, unfortunately I am going to have to shelve this for now, there seems to be little interest here at SROUK or at GC so any Inter-League series is a non-starter. So as most of the people interested are from NG I see little point in running a series when the NG Sunday & Wednesday Leagues already run P&G every 2 weeks anyway. If any of you still want to race P&G you are more than welcome to join the NG League races.

See

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=194

&

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

for details of the races they are running.

Sorry but the v3.2 update hasn't really sparked that much renewed interest in this great sim.  Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com