The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 07:49:57 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3EGTM Oschersleben: January 31, 2016
January 31, 2016, 09:50:24 PM +0000 - Oschersleben (GP) - RRE Season 3 (2016) European GT Masters
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Chunky

Ford GT GT3 2 +1:27.849
---
1 1:00:49.323
---
40 1 1:27.999
---
Michelin  
Greg Metcalf
 Supersonic Racing
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 4 +1:28.368
---
2 +57.752
---
40 1 1:29.170
---
Yokohama  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 1 +1:27.744
---
3 +1:08.016
---
40 3 1:27.911
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 3 +1:28.194
---
4 +1L
---
39 2 1:29.063
---
Yokohama  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 7 +1:31.004
---
5 +53.964
---
39 1 1:31.139
---
Yokohama  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 9 +1:31.748
---
6 +2L
---
38 2 1:31.991
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 10 +1:32.093
---
7 +2.659
---
38 1 1:30.396
---
Michelin  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
---
8 +9L
---
31 7 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Cuomo

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 8 +1:31.148
---
9 +32L
---
8 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT GT3 6 +1:30.595
---
10 +19L
---
21 1 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 5 +1:29.878
---
11 +24L
---
16 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:27.744
---
Anty
Qualifying
McLaren MP4-12CJanuary 31, 2016, 09:50:24 PM +0000
E3EGTM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room European GT Masters - Oschersleben - Jan 31  (Read 3949 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:28:56 PM +0000 »

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 60 Minutes

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" Class
One car change allowed during the season without penalty
Track: Oschersleben
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: Minimum 1 stop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:13:21 PM +0000 »

Hmm.. i have to say i thought it would be the Enduro race with DP cars next in the sequence.

Oscher's going to be a difficult one, the track gives very little rest. That long LHer is going to be interesting!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:11:36 PM +0000 »

Hmm.. i have to say i thought it would be the Enduro race with DP cars next in the sequence.

Oscher's going to be a difficult one, the track gives very little rest. That long LHer is going to be interesting!

Yep, it will need a bit of practice to lap consistently here but it's a rewarding track to drive once you get a rhythm.

The multiclass races and Aquila races are every 4 weeks whereas the GTR3 races are every 2 weeks.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 09:26:33 PM +0000 »

Best so far is a 1:30.9 though i know the ones at the pointy end will be a couple of secs faster.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:45:21 PM +0000 »

I have a feeling this is going to be a close race

#Ant
Cuomo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 09:08:15 PM +0000 »

hit the wall after 8 rounds, the engine was dead and the race over  Angry

To be honest I was really nervouse about this one as I was really unhappy about my last performance an behaviour during the race. What a pitty to end like this after 8 rounds, hope you guy are ejoying it at the moment!

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 09:26:12 PM +0000 »

managed to complete a pitstop which is a miracle in itself, came out of the pits, and the car was nothing like it was
from the race start to pits. Steering was wildly high geared, the back end was all over the road, handling
was completely different. And no it wasn't cold tyres, this was like another car. Went off twice tyring to get a grip
on the weird handling, and left after the 2nd bash. I hate pitstops. did I menti0on that  whistling

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:42 PM +0000 »

Hey Gents

What a race, what a disaster.. John and I where having a good scrap.. Till the round of pitstops.. Every time I wanted to confirm my tyres and fuel it just cancelled the pitstop. I drove through 3 times and the 4th time the game unstood my confirm.. I was catching G but the made 2 big mistakes, so I had to settle for 3rd..

Well done John you diserved the win.. Well done all..

Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 10:07:54 PM +0000 »

Well that was another exciting race  sweatdrop

Made a couple of mistakes on lap 2 which allowed Greg to sneak through and then spent the next 25 minutes trying to work out how I was going to get past. My plan was to rely on my team KC crew to perform their usual magic at the pitstop which worked but unfortunately I misjudged the pit limit and was given a drive through  Hit with a wet fish Re-pitted and got confused with the options losing an age so spent remainder of race lapping with no-one to chase or be chased by  :'(

On a positive note, the Ruf once again was a brilliant drive and we all remembered the rolling start  thumbup1

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:09:58 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 09:06:43 AM +0000 »

Shame to read about all these pit issues. The menu is fiddly and poorly implemented but I've always been able to make it do what I want. Admittedly, in the heat of a race with the pressure and panic things do get confusing but are you guys *sure* you're pressing the right buttons and selecting the right options? (dons flame suit...)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 09:17:52 AM +0000 »

My pit keys were fine. Last time I had not set any, so was helpless, this time I did a practice stop, and the scroll keys all
worked. I had to cycle through a couple fo times to get it to high light the accept, but it did do it.
My problem was what it did to the car. It was like the car physics had been changed for a different car. or the default setup perhaps
but it felt way more violent than just a setup change.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 11:53:08 AM +0000 »

Hey Jim

I just pressed the confirm pit stop button once and the my pit was canceled..this happened 3 times.. It's extremely annoying as John and myself where hammer and tong at it for 35 minutes, just to have all the fun taken away by a stupid pit button issue.. Anyway it is what it is.. I was really flat out on the limits to stick with that Ford.. Its toooo quick.. The tracks with long straights are going to be a challenge, but challenge accepted..

Ant
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:54:53 AM +0000 by Anty » Logged

#Ant
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 12:31:59 PM +0000 »

Great race I really thought the ford would struggle a lot on this track on this track, so I really worked quite a long time on the set up, tweaking it here and there which really paid off for this race. Spent first half of the race toe to toe with Ant great racing bud really enjoyed that  Grin then he went wide out of the last corner and I took my opportunity to get past ...only for a couple of laps though then time to pit! so my figure were crossed after the last race with 4 pit stops due to incorrect fuel from my crew. but this time it went well (put the fuel on normal rather than specifying the amount)! Shame Ant had PS troubles as it was a lonely run to the line. Good race good track looking forward to the next one!

JP
APEXTECHUSA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 05:04:50 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed the racing aspect, But the reality is the Z4 is no match for every other car! Grats to the podium....
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 06:46:44 PM +0000 »

The less said the better really. Lost count of the number of times i reset the car setup and tweaked it again! Getting into it at the begining felt so different, with so much understeer on corner exit. But then find too much oversteer on entry. I guess i'm finding the car a bit unpredictable so might look to drive something else.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com