The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:06:36 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3IES Monza: February 07, 2016
February 07, 2016, 09:50:49 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 2000-present) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Int. Endurance Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 1 +1:42.475
---
1 1:00:47.982
---
33 1 1:42.998
---
Continental  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 2 +1:43.967
---
2 +16.413
---
33 2 1:43.504
---
Continental  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto 3 +1:46.214
---
3 +1L
---
32 2 1:45.356
---
Continental  
Greg Metcalf
 Supersonic Racing
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 4 +1:49.585
---
4 +7.949
---
32 1 1:50.049
---
Yokohama  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW Alpina B6 GT3 6 +1:51.164
---
5 +2L
---
31 1 1:51.163
---
Michelin  
gchristod

Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3
---
6 +3L
---
30 1 1:52.083
---
Yokohama  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT GT3 5 +1:50.358
---
7 +12L
---
21 1 ---
---
engine
Michelin  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-R GT3 7 +1:51.523
---
8 +18L
---
15 0 1:52.131
---
unknown
Michelin  
mr_belowski

Chevrolet Daytona Prototype Daytona Proto
---
9 +20L
---
13 0 ---
---
unknown
Continental  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 8 +1:53.268
---
10 +32L
---
1 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
Daytona Proto
1:42.475
---
Anty
Qualifying
Chevrolet Daytona PrototypeFebruary 07, 2016, 09:50:49 PM +0000
E3IES
Race Room Experience
Daytona Proto
1:42.998
---
Anty
Race
Chevrolet Daytona PrototypeFebruary 07, 2016, 09:50:49 PM +0000
E3IES
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Int. Endurance Series - Monza - Feb 7  (Read 4628 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:39:36 PM +0000 »

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

Practice: 20:00 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 60 Minutes

Cars allowed: This is a multiclass race
CDP Class "Chevrolet Daytona Prototype"
GTR3 Class "Any car from GTR3 class"

Track: Monza GP
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x2
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: Minimum 1 stop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 03:59:37 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 09:07:24 PM +0000 »

Needs popping back to the top!

Well i was originally going to run the maclaren in this series, but i think i drive the Ruf for this and look to use the maclaren for the proper GTR3 series.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:41 PM +0000 »

I'll be in the #99 CDP  Smiley

Hope we get a decent turnout for this series and a good split between the GT and proto classes. At some point during this series (probably quite soon) Sector3 will bring an update which will revamp the physics of the CDP and some of the other existing proto cars which will form a new P2 class  Smiley so maybe we can include those if they are well balanced.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:04:39 PM +0000 »

kinda surprised you didnt use the free prototypes to start with

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:34:31 PM +0000 »

kinda surprised you didnt use the free prototypes to start with

Considered them but thought they were a bit hardcore compared with the CDP. The free P1 protos will also be getting new physics and a new car........the R18  wub will be joining them, so maybe next season  Smiley

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 02:18:10 PM +0000 »

I am considering this series, but I will see how things are tomorrow

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 03:28:03 PM +0000 »

I am considering this series, but I will see how things are tomorrow

Hope you can make it Ant, it's been great fun racing with you over these last few months.

A note about the fuel/tyre usage: Both are set at x2 for this series so you'll need to plan your pitstops and set them up in your presets in game. Make sure you have your chosen pitstop preset activated and that it is first in the list. Also make sure that the boxes for tyres and fuel are turned green (click on them) if you want these actions to happen when you pit.

Set a button or keypad to request your pitstop (I use "P") and during your in-lap press it and a little box will pop up showing your settings. You can scroll up and down your selections if you want to change anything by pressing enter (I have my up/down keys set for this) then as you enter the pit lane speed limit zone make sure you click on "confirm" and press enter and your pitcrew will do the rest.

Sounds complicated but just make sure you set things up and have a quick single player race to check things are working.

There's a very good guide here, but note that the UI looks a little different now and that the server setting will not be mandatory pitstop so you won't get a pit open pop up which simply means you'll be able to pit at any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UwVEZYfeUo

I'll put this in the Raceroom tips section.

With x2 fuel the Chevy DP uses approx. 4 litres of fuel per minute and has a tank capacity of 110 litres - you will need to stop twice.

With x2 fuel the GTR3 cars use approx. 3.2 litres of fuel per minute and have a tank capacity of 120 litres - you can make it with 1 stop if you think your tyres will last  devil

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 08:54:05 AM +0000 »

Hopefully we can have more CDP runners, two stops for sure in that beast..

#Ant
mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 03:59:44 PM +0000 »

Will try and make it along tonight and will bring a CDP Smiley
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:49 PM +0000 »

Will try and make it along tonight and will bring a CDP Smiley

This is going to be good.. I am in also.. I will will be in the number 9 taylor car..

Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 06:02:09 PM +0000 »

bought a proto, and i think it really needs some work. It wanders all over the road like it has a mind of it's own, and the engine braking is silly.
So, I did a few laps in the GT40 which handles nicely here. Tried a couple of pit stops, but whatever I set in the preset, or change while on
track they only ever change tyres, even though the fuel was down at 70 litres they still wouldn't put any petrol in.
No point in joining unless I can get the pit stops to work.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 06:31:06 PM +0000 »

bought a proto, and i think it really needs some work. It wanders all over the road like it has a mind of it's own, and the engine braking is silly.
So, I did a few laps in the GT40 which handles nicely here. Tried a couple of pit stops, but whatever I set in the preset, or change while on
track they only ever change tyres, even though the fuel was down at 70 litres they still wouldn't put any petrol in.
No point in joining unless I can get the pit stops to work.

The CDP needs a physics/ffb update which will happen shortly. In meantime I just decrease lateral force and increase vertical load slightly which helps with the sway you feel. Also try using less steering angle as the default is set too high imo.

To take on fuel the fuel box in the pitstop preset needs to be green when you set it up which you do by clicking on it. See how to do this at approx. 1:15 in this video (shows how to set driver change in ADAC experience but principle is the same).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UwVEZYfeUo

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 07:38:46 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tudor, I had watched that vid. I thought the fuel was green, as was repair fron and rear damage, I wacked it into a wall pretty hard
and again all they did was change tyres, maybe the fuel was not actually green

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 10:02:32 PM +0000 »

Hey Gents

First of all, Sorry to L Ferguson for bumping you out of ascari, I missed judged that one..

GT you had my heart pumping, your first stop was so late, so I thought you would pull a 1 stopper, so in my second stint I push like crazy, I think I pulled 10 seconds of you, You really had me fooled.. Hahaa  Hit with a wet fish
But at the end of my second stint engine light came on, I then backed off to get to the finish, then you pitted again.. What a relief.. Great race though, Monza is a classic track..

Martin you where doing well, sorry for the pit issues,

Well done all.. Sorry again to L Ferguson really didn't mean it

Ant
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:04:37 PM +0000 by Anty » Logged

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:28 PM +0000 »

Don't usually enjoy Monza but that was good fun. Anty was at least a second per lap quicker than me and all I could do was watch him gradually extend the gap while hoping that a slip up or 2 might get me back in sight, but he drove an excellent race for a very well deserved win  Cool

Well done also to Greg for taking he GT3 honours  Cool

A shame Matt had pitting trouble (I presume) as he looked to be having a great race up till then.

A decent turnout, but for these multiclass races we could do with a few more on the grid so please spread the word  Smiley

Looking at the results, there seem to be a few anomalies....the Ford GT isn't recognised in the GT3 class (noticed this in GTR3 champ too). Also Monza doesn't appear to be counted in the CDP driver championship table. Any ideas?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com