The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 08:17:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3IES Sonoma Raceway: April 03, 2016
April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100 - Sonoma Raceway (Long) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Int. Endurance Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Mistral M531 LMP2 1 1:05.031
---
---
27 0 1:05.915
---
unknown
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 5 +8.056
---
2 +6L
---
21 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-R GT3 4 +7.957
---
3 +7L
---
20 1 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Chunky

Radical SR9 LMP2 3 +0.634
---
4 +25L
---
2 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Radical SR9 LMP2 2 +0.279
---
5 +10L
---
17 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
LMP2
1:05.031
---
goldtop
Qualifying
Mistral M531April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Race Room Experience
LMP2
1:05.915
---
goldtop
Race
Mistral M531April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:12.988
---
APEXTECHUSA
Qualifying
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-RApril 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Int. Endurance Series - Sonoma Raceway - Apr 3  (Read 5566 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2016, 05:19:53 PM +0000 »

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 60 Minutes

Cars allowed: This is a multiclass race
P2 Prototype Class "Any car from P2 Prototype class"
GTR3 Class "Any car from GTR3 class"

Track: Sonoma Sprint
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x2
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: Minimum 1 stop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:22:15 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:09:20 PM +0100 »

Just seeing what was coming on sunday...

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:09:59 PM +0100 »

Just seeing what was coming on sunday...

Well, new physics for the CDP and the GTR3 cars which should make it interesting. Might even be able to include some LMP2s if all goes well  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 01:56:09 PM +0100 »

Those nice people at Raceroom have now given us some more cars to play with in the new P2 prototype class which I'll be including for the remaining races of this series Smiley

The Chevy Daytona is now joined by the Radical SR9 Judd, Radical SR9 AER and the fictional DMD P21 and Mistral M531.

I've done some testing and I'm happy that the group is well balanced, although this could vary slightly between tracks. Please note that the fuel usage and fuel tank capacity has changed for the Chevy Daytona so make sure you do some testing to decide your strategy  devil

The GTR3 class is unaffected by these changes. (Edit) Please note that because of the physics update your old setups won't work. You'll need to reset them to default in the garage and start again

Race announcements have been amended.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:41:09 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 05:49:58 AM +0100 »

Gents

AWESOME..!!! This game has become extremely cool. What a pleasure. I test the P2 cars this morning and with my wheel it's really become something intense. The feedback and the sound is stunning. I got the car really setup nicely, but going around this high speed track without making a mistake is going to be tricky.

I hope this game gets loads more people to it. If only they knew.

I am going to take a P2 car swap. Is that cool GT?

Also there is no practice server. I was hoping they gave us the option to use different fuel and tyre aggression in off line mode, But I am sure it will come

Enjoy
Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 08:10:20 AM +0100 »

There was a practice server, but being as I am now officially senile  Roll Eyes
I set it to Hungaroring....
I have set it to Sonomo Sprint now, with (I hope) the correct cars. Pleae test.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 09:44:01 AM +0100 »

Doh!, Always thought the Radical cars available were the their normal ones, not the old LMP2 car. Interesting how you have two different engine configs available in the RAdical and the the two made up cars.

Will probably switch to the LMP2s but not had chance to try them out.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 10:27:11 AM +0100 »

Checked practice server and all appears well, thanks Matt  Smiley

I am going to take a P2 car swap. Is that cool GT?

Uber cool Ant   Cool There is no penalty for changing cars or classes in this series.

Doh!, Always thought the Radical cars available were the their normal ones, not the old LMP2 car. Interesting how you have two different engine configs available in the RAdical and the the two made up cars.

Will probably switch to the LMP2s but not had chance to try them out.

Yep, both versions of the Radical competed in LM series events....

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3844.html

The Radicals and the fictional cars are great drives but the Chevy Daytona has more grunt. I like what they've done to the Daytona, it's more difficult to drive than before and feels a lot more truck like.

Also don't forget the newly revamped GT3 cars which now drive and feel even better than they did before and have been joined by the P4/5 Competizione  wub

Now all we need is for us to start getting decent turnouts for these races.

oscark1292

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 08:45:47 PM +0100 »

have 10.04. - Spa - noted....    Grin

Will be 60 min race ....Huh   angel    !!! Please !!!

On business travels since this morning until Friday evening... would love to spend all Saturday practising    Roll Eyes

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2016, 11:10:02 PM +0100 »

Hmm.. alots changed in the patch. Not sure i'm confdent to take an LMP especially round Sonoma, FFb feels different. Been doing some races there in pCARS but not a big fan of the place, especially the first RHer.

Wheres this FFB monitor? cant see any reference in the FFB menu or key options.

oscark1292

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2016, 11:20:18 PM +0100 »

Hmm.. alots changed in the patch. Not sure i'm confdent to take an LMP especially round Sonoma, FFb feels different. Been doing some races there in pCARS but not a big fan of the place, especially the first RHer.

Wheres this FFB monitor? cant see any reference in the FFB menu or key options.

Hi..
You need to select the secondary controler and select a key to pop the window... I used the letter F... for ffb... 
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 08:59:47 AM +0100 »

have 10.04. - Spa - noted....    Grin

Will be 60 min race ....Huh   angel    !!! Please !!!

On business travels since this morning until Friday evening... would love to spend all Saturday practising    Roll Eyes

Yes Oscar, 60 minutes races for these events except for the Aquila series which is 40 minutes.

FFB has taken a big step forwards with this update imo but it does take some tweaking to get it right. Each wheel will be different so it's not much use posting settings but there are some good pointers on the Sector3 forums that can help. In the steering settings there is now a separate FFB multiplier which you can set to remember the strength for each car which is very useful.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 12:41:47 PM +0100 »

Hmm, your right, the DP is alot nicer to drive compared to the first Spa race we used them. Now i'm not sure what to drive!

I have noticed you cant adjust the fuel of the other LMP2 cars though when practising.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2016, 04:52:14 PM +0100 »

I'd almost say we have too many cars available, certainly dont need two classes? just suggesting Undecided

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2016, 06:12:06 PM +0100 »

I'd almost say we have too many cars available, certainly dont need two classes? just suggesting Undecided

I think the 2 classes adds an extra dimension to the racing even without big grids but we'll see how it goes. Maybe a P2 series could replace the Aquila for next season.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com