The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 08:03:35 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1 Spa : January 20, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Fun race - Spa - Group C Weds 20th Jan  (Read 7108 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 10:46:30 PM +0000 »

That C9 is indeed Satans chariot to drive!  Shocked

'It's got pickup' hasn't it?!

I managed a 2:22 in it on the hard tires from the setup with only some slight mods to suit my driving.

Made some more radical changes and now have it going fast a little more consistently.
Tempted to run it tomorrow anyway as I've not been online in AC before - That way I shouldn't cause to many issues if I mess something up.  Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 11:22:34 AM +0000 »

For FMG/Jos or any other AC newbies, you may not be aware of the 'booking system' ? But you need to fire up AC, go to online lobby to find the srouk race, enter password and click the booking/sign in button before 8.15 to get yourself added to the race server. You can then quit out or go and do other stuff or practise offline until your ready to Join for qually. Just go back to the online lobby and hit the 'join' button  Smiley

Think I will take the martini Mazda tonight even though I've done more practise in the C9. I just feel I've got better chance of pace and survival in the 787. Tongue

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 04:48:58 PM +0000 »

ah tanks for the heads-up, always used to the pickup mode...

and I'll be using the silver arrow.  angel

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 06:53:43 PM +0000 »

Pete usually sets up the booking slot from 7.15 ish so book in anytime between then and 8.15  Smiley

Good to hear there will be a couple of Saubers on the grid.

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 07:16:59 PM +0000 »

erm, BST = CET, so shouldnt booking be open for an hour now?

edit - oops, bst = cet +1 Tongue
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:20:58 PM +0000 by Jos Verstappen » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 07:21:30 PM +0000 »

Patience young grasshopper  Grin sure Pete will be along soon

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:40 PM +0000 »

Sorry for the late start, server now launched with reduced booking time so race should still be off ~ 8:15 GMT

mpjoseca

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 07:42:05 PM +0000 »

Sorry for the late start, server now launched with reduced booking time so race should still be off ~ 8:15 GMT

I request booking but I cannot join until someone accepts the request. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Maybe nobody can join until practice starts?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:45:55 PM +0000 by mpjoseca » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 07:47:26 PM +0000 »

I request booking but I cannot join until someone accepts the request. Am I doing something wrong?

During booking mode you only reserve a slot. You press request booking, and then wait. Once the timer reaches 0, there will appear a join button at the bottom left, where the timer was. After you requested your booking, you can do whatever you want, even practicing offline.
mpjoseca

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 07:55:04 PM +0000 »

During booking mode you only reserve a slot. You press request booking, and then wait. Once the timer reaches 0, there will appear a join button at the bottom left, where the timer was. After you requested your booking, you can do whatever you want, even practicing offline.

Thank you, it's the first time that I request booking Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 09:30:28 PM +0000 »

Quite enjoyale race that, had Jos with me the whole time.

Tried upping the boost a few times, but that just made the car undriveable on hards for me.

Clearly these cars are not in the same class. The Mazda doesn't lose that much between qually and race. I lost around 5 seconds, even 6 compared to my offline time, and my tank wasn't even full. Either something was seriously bugged with my tyres, or it is normal to have such a ridiculous gap.

And for the love of God, can we stop with the stupid time of day settings. I come here to race, not to share a brokeback mountain scene with a few guys and a sunset.  Roll Eyes.

It adds absolutely nothing, to be blinded by the sun, and to have shadows of fences flash through my windscreen. Yes, a nice atmosphere...whooptidoo  Lips Sealed Roll Eyes
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 09:57:13 PM +0000 »

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 10:02:15 PM +0000 »

Lol, point taken on the sunlight Jeff   Cheesy must admit I had meant to move the time to earlier in the day after I found the fence shadows irritating in my praccy last night, but forgot.  Embarrassed

I enjoyed the event, both qually and race and was pleased to be nicely in the mix with 3 or 4 cars just ahead of me most of the race whilst running 5th  Smiley also enjoyed some dicing with Chris early on and Fmg later in the race. It was a good challenge and you had to stay focused the whole race, especially when the medium tyres went off on about lap 9 of 13  Shocked. The C9's had some serious grunt down the straights! I couldn't even pass with a tow down the kemmel but the Mazda had better handling in the twisties.

Finished a solid 4th  Smiley

Big thanks to all that competed and great to see some new and old names appear.  The cars looked great out on track and sounded cool too  Cool

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:20 PM +0000 »

great race indeed, jeffrey, not a single lonely lap.

i did quite a few laps with full boost but as soon as you started sliding it became very difficult.

i thought we were racing for victory but there was a mazda way out in front Tongue

tyre model 5 should slow it down but at spa it will probably still be faster, at le mans on the other hand Smiley

the ligthing i quite liked, made it more in the spirit of....yep, le mans Tongue

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 10:22:27 PM +0000 »

That was an interesting introduction to AC!
First apologies for the pitlane start - I still don't know why I was started there Huh
What ever the reason As I thought I'd been penalised I got out of the lane as fast as I could when the lights went green only to find myself in the lead!

Pretty pleased with my finish as I didn't stack it anywhere and managed a decent dice with Mark for a few laps - Watching the Mazda go backwards every straight was highly entertaining  Tongue
When the White flag came out I threw caution to the wind and stuck the turbos on full boost, it wasn't enough but I was amazed how much of Marks' lead I ate up  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com