The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 11:55:40 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1 Spa : January 20, 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Fun race - Spa - Group C Weds 20th Jan  (Read 7114 times)
Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 10:23:01 PM +0000 »

now, this baby might be a better competitor for the mazda:

angel

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 10:54:36 PM +0000 »

Have you been following the thread on that 962? Talk about labour of love, that guy has modelled every last detail  Cool wish he would release it soon and hope it fits in with the other two Grp C cars, even if we have to ballast them out a bit for BoP.

I actually found the mazdas tyre model more realistic than the c9's tbh, in terms of grip and feel and how they warm up, even though the c9 has the latest tyre model.

Jos Verstappen

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 11:20:49 PM +0000 »

and then there's this crazy beast....

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/porsche-917-30.12931/

Not the real Jos Verstappen Tongue
mpjoseca

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 11:49:24 PM +0000 »

Have you been following the thread on that 962? Talk about labour of love, that guy has modelled every last detail  Cool wish he would release it soon and hope it fits in with the other two Grp C cars, even if we have to ballast them out a bit for BoP.

I actually found the mazdas tyre model more realistic than the c9's tbh, in terms of grip and feel and how they warm up, even though the c9 has the latest tyre model.

I tested some time ago 962 in Assetto, it has some graphics issues, but it was so funny. Hoping more Group C (Jaguar, Nissan, Porsche, Toyota...  Roll Eyes) to test these beast.

I really enjoyed race, Jeffrey was so quickly with turbo-boost, but 787 had a better race pace. I don't have a good qualy, in fact, my faster lap was around 2:11:0 and I couldn't achieve it. My start was awesome, and gratefully all people on the grid was so clean. I hope have good fights against you Wink A lot of funny seeing how the guy that start from boxes overtakes all of us Grin a little bit scared on Eau Rouge because difference of speed but all people was great. Then I managed my tyres (medium tyres), at lap 7 drops their performance, with the new tyre model doesn't happen this, tyres can perform around 1 seconds slower but tyre feels more grippy and has less performance lost. Actually, it's hard to have a BoP with these cars, because C9 is much much faster at straights, but 787 handles slight better and has a lot of downforce and corner speed.

Hoping more (sprint or endurance Huh) Group C races, conglaturations for everyone Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2016, 08:20:54 AM +0000 »

And for the love of God, can we stop with the stupid time of day settings. I come here to race, not to share a brokeback mountain scene with a few guys and a sunset.  Roll Eyes.

It adds absolutely nothing, to be blinded by the sun, and to have shadows of fences flash through my windscreen. Yes, a nice atmosphere...whooptidoo  Lips Sealed Roll Eyes
We all love you too Jeffrey!  Wink

I don't mind some different time of day settings, altough the low sun with these difficult beasts maybe made it a little too much? Heck in the first laps i hardly had time to take notice of my tires or lap times! Great looking and sounding cars these.
I believe the to be released 962 Porsche is from the same maker as the 787B and will get an update at the release of the 962!
Indeed the 917 looks brilliant too.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:32 AM +0000 »

One of my Christmas pressies was a box set of the Group C racing from 83-90  Cool not had a chance to start watching it all yet, but yes am a big fan so will definitely hope to run a series using these grp C cars in the near future. Will wait to see how the 962 fits in first. Of course we should also be getting that great looking grp 5 historic racing mod soon too  Shocked

What do you guys fancy for next week? Something easy or more challenging? I was thinking 70's F1 in the shape of the Lotus 72 v F312 at Brands hatch  Afro

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:06 PM +0000 »

What do you guys fancy for next week? Something easy or more challenging? I was thinking 70's F1 in the shape of the Lotus 72 v F312 at Brands hatch  Afro

I'm game. Will the 72D need a little ballast to even the performance?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2016, 06:28:22 PM +0000 »

Not sure whats going on, its like AC makes my pedals extra sensitive Roll Eyes I guess its probably due to the pedal position app but still. I dont seem to suffer it in any other game to the same extent. I kinda get the brake pedal, with limited movement on it, it can spike a bit but then its also the accel will bounce when lifting off so end up ploughing on into the corners.

Did a few laps of R3E straight after and though the brake will still come on i didnt think the accel was as bad.  I dont think AC has the same level of options to try and tune it out.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2016, 07:05:36 PM +0000 »

Not sure whats going on, its like AC makes my pedals extra sensitive Roll Eyes I guess its probably due to the pedal position app but still. I dont seem to suffer it in any other game to the same extent. I kinda get the brake pedal, with limited movement on it, it can spike a bit but then its also the accel will bounce when lifting off so end up ploughing on into the corners.

Did a few laps of R3E straight after and though the brake will still come on i didnt think the accel was as bad.  I dont think AC has the same level of options to try and tune it out.

have you run the actual calibration procedure under AC's controls screen? at the top right. Even if you ran it a while back, its worth running again in case any of the updates (windows, logitech or Kunos) have fubared it.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 01:41:25 PM +0000 »

While maybe not one for next week have you tried the trucks yet?
Once you get used to the solid axle they're great fun, I imagine a decent grid would be hilarious at a track like Brands Indy  Grin
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2016, 01:48:04 PM +0000 »

Ok I'll bite, what trucks?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2016, 04:23:48 PM +0000 »

Scroll down through this lot and you'll find Merc and a Volvo Formula truck models - As they aren't limited to 100mph I'll guess they're from a German/Euro series.
Lots and lots of fun  Grin

http://assettocorsa.club/en/cars.html
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2016, 07:37:07 PM +0000 »

Scroll down through this lot and you'll find Merc and a Volvo Formula truck models - As they aren't limited to 100mph I'll guess they're from a German/Euro series.
Lots and lots of fun  Grin

They're from the Brazilian series, imaginatively called Formula Truck: http://www.formulatruck.com.br/ The models come from the Reiza game, titled the same: http://gameformulatruck.com/en/
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 09:26:15 PM +0000 »

I will 'never' be organising a truck race! You guys are on your own with that one, lol   Grin

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2016, 10:03:19 PM +0000 »

I would love a truck race  Grin. Had some awesome races with the rF truck mod. Entertainment guaranteed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com