by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:59:24 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Am for GTL Any interest?  (Read 8586 times)
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 02:31:41 PM +0100 »

Hi John:
Downloaded new pack and tried them out for about 30 minutes yesterday @ Rd Atlanta and Laguna 67.  Wow! , like night and day from previous packs.  Cars (Chappy big block) are now as stable as LMR or Trans Am and much more so than the F1 cars.  A lap to heat the tires up (Goodyear slicks)
and they are a joy to drive and if the rear steps out at least you can recover, the other versions went to the fence or wall and you just went along for the ride.  If this old f*rt can drive them with confidence any one in our group of drivers can.  Big thanks, should be a great series on the tracks listed.....Will check out some of the other cars and get back to you in PM's.

Thanks for your work

Bob M. 
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2016, 12:51:41 AM +0100 »

Thanks Bob, that is really good to hear.

I think there may be an error in the original tyr files from the absolute Can Am pack. I took a few liberties at work and uploaded all the tyr files onto a unix box and wrote a script to analyse all parameters and highlight any major differences. I found 1 parameter which was on average over 3 times the value found in any other tyr files but was common across the Can Am tyres. Just reducing this 1 value to a more common figure had an unbelievable effect on the handling of the cars. From there I started to make significant progress and much of the feedback lost during the grip reduction returned. I still need to work on the "Endurance tyre" although it's of lesser importance as it's really for the AI and I don't think wear is a problem with the "Racing Slick"so I'm not sure anyone would actually choose them by choice.

I'm going to shoot a PM off to Phil at Evo Modding and tell him what I have found as well just to see if there is any reason why the original value was chosen.

Great news about Laguna Tony, that was quick..  thumbup1

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 11:48:35 AM +0100 »

After my frustration with the Minis and Skodas last night I got around to installing these cars.

Nice job Jeep!! thumbup1

Only did a few laps of Goodwood ( just because I find it a good short track for testing cars ) in the Mclaren M1. But the sound of that V8 was awesome and the general handling was great after a few minor tweaks.

These brutes are very fast, but I found the car very predictable and stable ( after the tweaks ), the racing should be epic and close.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2016, 08:40:12 PM +0100 »

Drove the T70 at Gellerasen and I'm excited! Thank you for your great work.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com