The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 08:19:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1 Misano: February 10, 2016
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 - Mugello - Feb 10  (Read 2807 times)
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 09:44:27 PM +0000 »

@ Jeffrey
The car doesn`t drive like irl. It is understeery `till the moment you put enough heat in front tires, after that is snappy and twitchy ... everything else except lazy oversteery.

In game I did use setup that I`ll never reach for irl ... rear end slightly lower than front (28 front, 2 rear) and +0.8 rear camber (-1.3 when car is stationary) and it was really easy to drive, almost boring as long as you don`t try to throw it around.

Also it is one of rare cars that doesn`t penalise you for using H shifter. It is almost advantage to drive it that way - start in 2nd, skip gears for downshifting and 90% of track in 4th or 5th ...

@ Pete
Maybe you were to late on grid. You must hit drive with more than 5 seconds left to the start.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 09:50:18 PM +0000 »

@ Jeffrey
The car doesn`t drive like irl. It is understeery `till the moment you put enough heat in front tires, after that is snappy and twitchy ... everything else except lazy oversteery.

So the physics are unrealistic?  Tongue

The way you describe it, is not the way I felt it. Car was always oversteery, cold and warm tyres. Even off throttle the car just started to slide, almost like the old GTR days. And to compensate that behaviour with setup tweaks that would never make sense, to me just confirms that these cars are nowhere near what they should be.
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 09:55:47 PM +0000 »

@ Jeffrey

So the physics are unrealistic?  Tongue

The way you describe it, is not the way I felt it. Car was always oversteery, cold and warm tyres. Even off throttle the car just started to slide, almost like the old GTR days. And to compensate that behaviour with setup tweaks that would never make sense, to me just confirms that these cars are nowhere near what they should be.

Highly unrealistic with this tire model.

With old model it was much closer except that you were never able to put heat in fronts ... also difference cold vs warm grip need some tuning ...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 09:58:48 PM +0000 »

The other strange thing about tonight's race was when I pressed Drive to join the race I was dumped in the pits. I couldn't get on the grid.

This happened to me at Spa - Sure I tried to join that with more than 5 secs left though.

I won't say it was a fun race as this was not a car I enjoyed driving. I'll give Eds' setup a go sometime but have always disliked the KTM anyway!

Raising the nose in a mid engined car isn't that unlikely, perhaps nowadays it is but some classic single seaters would do this for stability and on some occasions I've made setups like this in GPL. Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 07:50:10 AM +0000 »

@ Pete
Maybe you were to late on grid. You must hit drive with more than 5 seconds left to the start.
I tried long before 5 secs to go, I wondered if you all had started but I couldn't select a gear, I tried to moan on chat, all before the traffic light thing appeared. So rather than take an unfair advantage I came out slowly and let everyone passed before I started to race.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:39:40 AM +0000 by picnic » Logged

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 08:20:05 AM +0000 »

Sorry to return to pits after two laps, just hated this car, could not keep it on track. Will leave t6his one alone in the future.
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:16 AM +0000 »

It was a race without preparing so no setup work for you, guys and I had advantage that I already raced with it so I had setup.
The car is not that bad. If you try with my setup, you`ll see.

btw after re reading my post with description about car behavior - description is about real car first hand experience.

Differences between this spec in game and my test piece is dog box and tires.

I have slight idea that this tire model in game, should replicate toyo`s 888r (comfortable and slightly spongy feeling for street legal semi slicks) unlike pilot sport 2 cup michelin`s which are much more rigid.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com