The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 01:01:51 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1CI Aosta: March 23, 2016
March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000 - Aosta - UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 1 1:33.826
---
1 30:12.996
---
19 1:34.175
---
{unknown}  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 4 +3.497
---
2 +1:17.758
---
19 1:37.223
---
{unknown}  
Sutol

Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 3 +2.717
---
3 +1:27.357
---
19 1:36.392
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 2 +0.946
---
4 +15L
---
4 1:34.937
---
{unknown}  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 5 5 +19L 0 ---
---
{unknown}  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:33.826
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000
A1CI
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:34.175
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000
A1CI
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia - Aosta - Mar 23  (Read 5163 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 08:03:33 AM +0000 »

Don't feel bad about it MJ. You made the effort to organise something and fwiw i had a lot of fun wrestling the crazy Lambo around.
What happened to Mark E btw?

Although the tight hairpin was a bit of a challenge i felt more at home here then on Mugello for some reason. Seems you need to adapt to the crazy amounts of power first of all. Had a good scrap with Chris for most of the race. He was on lower boost, but was faster through the corners. Provided some interesting battles. Good fun.
Maybe this Lambo is a bit too erratic and will a nice and slow F458 angel provide a tighter pack. Bring it on.

Your last E30 series was a success. I am convinced having a series running will ultimately attract more drivers.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:41 AM +0000 »

Yep no worries Mark, simple mistake tbh, there are so many different Aosta layouts available.

I enjoyed the race, although I had PLP turned on and I got some strange cuts which probably made up for the mahooosive cuts I was making else where and not getting a penalty lol. Stef you were out gunning me on the straights but I was nipping at your heels on the corners. The trouble was if i had to brake mid corner to avoid a collision I was in spin city! You made your car very wide!! Had to do a drive through in the end as I would have been disqualified. Happy to continue with the car so long as we can avoid tracks with lots of twisties, boy I got a full workout last night - better than going to the Gym.

Cheers Chris

Still learning so be patient
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 10:23:13 AM +0000 »

Yeah bit of a disaster last night, I accept full responsibility  Embarrassed
I tested all the various configs of Aosta and picked the one with less tight corners and hairpins. But alas I then picked the wrong layout a couple of weeks later when I was manic in real life (still am!) and because I've been so busy I didn't recheck or practise for this event, so was surprised to find the wrong layout when I turned up last night. Hit with a wet fish

Although the Lambos would have been able to properly stretch their legs at Monza I am going to switch this series to using the more user friendly f458 to encourage closer racing  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2016, 09:28:01 AM +0000 »

After about the first 10 minutes I really enjoyed Aosta if I'm honest, it didn't suit the cars really (Although T1 was great when you absolutely nail it!) but that was part of the perverse fun for me  Smiley

It's just such a shame we have a tiny number of people entering at the moment so we generally find ourselves with no-one to race  Sad

With regards to the handling that got brought up - I have had the good furtune to drive a Murcielago on track. Ok it's not quite a Gallardo but they were closely related and can confirm that while they don't feel as heavy as you'd think they should, they do understeer heavily - especially in low speed corners. I didn't have any high speed sweepers to experience sadly so can't comment on high speed cornering.

My own opinion is that the AC car almost certainly handles as per the real deal - just sadly they picked the V10 variant over the glorious sound of god shouting down a megaphone as found in the V12  Grin

Hopefully the switch to the Fez's will attract more people - thank you for organising the series and trying though Mark!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 05:12:57 PM +0000 »

Maybe its just the lower grip of the smi-slicks or something inherent to AC but i get alot if issues with my pedals. So it gets very unpredictable and when the accelerator is on through the corner the car just constantly pushes on all the time. It only does it when coming off the pedal, havent noticed it accelerating down the straights. And i also get the brake spiking on ocasionally down the straight.

I tried to record it using my phone and was going to post it up.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 08:39:12 PM +0000 »

G25? I used to get that with my Clutch pedal in GPL.
I just moved the deadzone a couple of clicks up and it cured it for me.
It's not a proper fix as I should really replace the caps - or whatever encoder Logitech used - but it has never come back in the 3 or 4 years since I did it.

There are 2 possibles to sort the car pushing on.
One is driving aids, you might have been driving with TC and SC turned on (TC was certainly on by default on line) : they really do a good job of stopping the car from getting out of control but as a result they cause a distinct lack of response.
Turning them off and only leaving ABS turned on Gained me about 2 seconds at Mugello and roughly 1.5 here at Aosta, the problem then becomes one of limiting drift and managing tyre temps. Especially at the higher boost levels  Grin

The other option might just be that you haven't unsettled the car enough before applying the throttle, these Lambos seem to like a fair bit of rotation to overcome the 'pushy' nature of the AWD  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com