The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 06:22:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1CI Aosta: March 23, 2016
March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000 - Aosta - UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 1 1:33.826
---
1 30:12.996
---
19 1:34.175
---
{unknown}  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 4 +3.497
---
2 +1:17.758
---
19 1:37.223
---
{unknown}  
Sutol

Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 3 +2.717
---
3 +1:27.357
---
19 1:36.392
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 2 +0.946
---
4 +15L
---
4 1:34.937
---
{unknown}  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3 {unknown} 5 5 +19L 0 ---
---
{unknown}  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:33.826
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000
A1CI
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:34.175
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Lamborghini Gallardo SL Step3March 23, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0000
A1CI
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia - Aosta - Mar 23  (Read 5161 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:23:02 PM +0000 »

Round 2 of a new 6 race series using the Lamborghini Gallardo.

Track link here:-
http://www.virtualr.net/aosta-assetto-corsa-3-4-2-released
Configuration as the race banner

Booking: From 19:15 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:15 (15 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 TBC Laps(approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed:
Lamborghini Gallardo S3

Track: Aosta Grand Sport
Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:15 UK time.

IMPORTANT:
-The PLP app VERSION 1.8 - will not be used

Notes:
(1) Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules
(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page
(3) Please use the Driver Details page to ensure that the league management software has your correct name
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:38:51 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:21:06 PM +0000 »

Why have you stopped with PLP? Last race it was in, this race its out!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:31:22 PM +0000 »

In whos world is this a nice car?? i can tell after struggling to do an outlap that this is not for me, the track needs a good handling car!

Its this road car content which is why i can take or leave AC.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:49:58 PM +0000 »

This car is over powered for this track even on a very low boost setting, it's very hard work. The last corner is a case of lightly feathering the throttle (well it is for me) otherwise I'll hit something hard. Any tips you can spare would be gratefully received.

Still learning so be patient
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:23:49 PM +0000 »

I'm surprised people are struggling with it  Undecided I'm no driving God yet I didn't have any problem using the stock setup with stock boost.
I may bench this car and revert to the easier F458 for future rounds as I'm overwhelmed with compliments for the Lambo  Tongue though the Gallardos would be great at Monza.

The Gallardo was used in the Super Trofeo racing series for one or two seasons, so it is 'race able' and legit.
Like all powerful cars you need to put some laps in and adjust your driving to suit, not just go guns blazing, fall off repeatedly and get frustrated. Build up the speed.
http://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/en/europe/news/

Plp wasn't felt necessary for low numbers and no real gain v risk advantage to be made from cuts on tracks so far.  Easy enough to watch a replay and punish any repeat cutters (not meaning peeps who run wide trying to control the car)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:31:38 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 08:49:03 PM +0000 »

I just have no feel from the road cars and there tyres and just get understeer all the time, it doesnt matter what car you run i will still hate it! there level of grip and performance doenst match what i consider they should do.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:59:40 PM +0000 »

And you base that on what real world experience exactly? And why post in this thread if you pre decided you don't like any of the cars available?  Huh
Everyone's entitled to their opinion mind. Smiley

I've driven or been driven in a lot of high performance cars on track and road for nearly 20yrs (though no hyper-cars) so at least I can benchmark my own experiences/feel against the feel I get in a sim, and AC is still definitely the best racing sim for feel that I've ever used, though no doubt not perfect.  That's also why I personally think RR is awful.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 07:10:18 AM +0000 »

Because we have tried most of them already!

Its more a sense of perspective, when you game is marketed as an ultra hard core sim it comes with certain expectations and they tend not to match up with my expactions for car performance from years of sim driving. I dont feel RR is trying to reach the same level with some pretty crucial stuff missing from the car setups and so enjoy it as something less so. I dont have to worry about the car handling to n'th degree i can just enjoy it as a fun racing game witch has some posititves compared to others, the sound, ffb, camera movement telling me more

We all do this for different reasons. I want to enjoy the racing not necessarily the driving. I've dropped out of races because there was no one within 30s each way and coudnt face another 30mins driving.

I guess much like F1, yes the cars may be the best engineered, fully simulated but that doesnt always promote good racing as the difference between peoples abilites gets amplified. Simpler cars allows for a better chance of people to race at similiar levels!

Anyway i'm not trying to rubbish AC, I've had some really good races in it but these tend to be the racing cars where the higher grip allows for greater resistance through the wheel and for me not get too punished for overdrivng past the limit where i get a greater awareness of grip/slide rather than the difference between little grip/ very little grip. I dont profess to be a good driver!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:07:38 AM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 08:25:59 AM +0000 »

Fair enough assessment, sims are definitely an each to their own in terms of feedback/feel. Get the idea that half the time it's the way the sim transmits that feel through various controllers. Good drivers like Goldtop love RR yet with my hardware it felt terrible with no feel through the steering at all, no matter what I tried.
I find most of the cars in AC give me great feedback and so I can push on better and feel whether a car is under/over steering.

So...do you guys want to run the F458 instead of the Gallardo tonight and future rounds? I don't mind as I haven't had any time for practise yet  Embarrassed

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 10:46:20 AM +0000 »

I can see what you are saying Spanner. For my DFGT i get better feedback with the proper race cars. Possibly altering the deeper FFB files would improve things, but i am hesitant to start tinkering and making it worse for the few races i can do weekly. I did notice a box to "enhance understeer effect"? Haven't tried it for being an effect Wink, but maybe it would work for the street cars?

I am cool with continuing with the Gallardo as much as switching to the F458. (thats not a very helpful anwser for you MJ, still..)
My son was driving the Huracan Super Trofeo last week. Maybe also a good replacement drive?..

School is important, but race cars are importanter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 06:18:58 PM +0000 »

Can anyone give me a rough lap time? I need the laps to start the server!

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 06:39:09 PM +0000 »

Sorry couldn't wait any longer Sad I found someone claiming a 1:36 on the Internet so you've got 19 laps.

Enjoy.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 07:27:42 PM +0000 »

D'oh sorry Pete, forgot I hadn't set the lap count yet  Embarrassed

Thanks for sorting the server, though sounds like I might be on my own  Grin

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 09:07:25 PM +0000 »

this series seems jinxed from the start, no doubt helped by all the positive feedback  Roll Eyes

Tonight, only 4 bothered to race and to compound a dire evening, the wrong track configuration was loaded. Don't know if it was me calling out the wrong config or Pete loading the wrong one, but it wasn't the layout I tested. This was the horrible twisty version with two hairpins, more suited to go-karts than Lambos.
Sorry to say but I gave up after 5 laps as it wasn't a race, just 4 cars trying to wrestle round it with big spacings between the four. Rubbish, and my apologies.

Not sure I can muster the enthusiasm to continue for such low turnouts, but a car swap will entail next with F458's.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 07:34:46 AM +0000 »

Sorry it was the wrong track layout but the CFG file has Grand Sport selected.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com