The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 09:41:53 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3IES Sonoma Raceway: April 03, 2016
April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100 - Sonoma Raceway (Long) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Int. Endurance Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Mistral M531 LMP2 1 1:05.031
---
---
27 0 1:05.915
---
unknown
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 5 +8.056
---
2 +6L
---
21 0 ---
---
unknown
Yokohama  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-R GT3 4 +7.957
---
3 +7L
---
20 1 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Chunky

Radical SR9 LMP2 3 +0.634
---
4 +25L
---
2 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Anty
 Supersonic Racing
Radical SR9 LMP2 2 +0.279
---
5 +10L
---
17 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
LMP2
1:05.031
---
goldtop
Qualifying
Mistral M531April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Race Room Experience
LMP2
1:05.915
---
goldtop
Race
Mistral M531April 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Race Room Experience
GT3
1:12.988
---
APEXTECHUSA
Qualifying
Chevrolet Corvette Z06-RApril 03, 2016, 09:18:40 PM +0100
E3IES
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Int. Endurance Series - Sonoma Raceway - Apr 3  (Read 5609 times)
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 03:53:54 AM +0100 »

Hey Gents

Sorry Larry I came up to you so quickly that We touched. Was trying to catch GT.

These cars are very nice, but in multiclass I think they need bigger/ longer tracks. The smaller tracks are ok if we run them only, but for the multiclass when your racing quickly and get to a back marker, your constantly in a corner, that tapping someone is inevitable.

I also made a bad choice in one of my setup changes, thought it would work but didn't, took me backwards, also started lagging and had to rejoin the server which put me back. John what happened to you? You where behind me and the next minute you where gone. Great to see you here.

Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:38 PM +0100 »

Disappointing turnout again but thanks to those who made the effort, especially Mark for switching to the GT3 car just before quali so that Larry had someone to race with.

I'm now debating scrapping the remaining events in the multiclass series in favour of single class or even some spec races. Your thoughts please.

I must say my enthusiasm for organising these events and even for racing here lately is declining. With the exception of the ever popular Monday GTL events this place is turning into a desert 

It's the same old story....many of our driver base have moved on and it is proving difficult to attract new drivers in the quantity and quality that makes it worth the effort. Promoting is difficult when the Sector 3 league forum is swamped with a few leagues who dominate the postings with pre/post race chat and I've given up with No Grip as there seems to be zero interest in Raceroom there.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 12:40:40 PM +0100 »

I had to add some stuff for the results, hopefully it is close enough? e.g it didn't know about the Radicals, but
I could select sr9 though we don't have an entry in the system for the different engines.
I am away in Brum, so I can't see the tyre makes either.

As far as numbers go, I have learned to be a bit circumspect about it. The GTL attendance was also very low
a couple of years ago. Tony persevered and partly by running even more wacky mods, and partly through generating
interest from the GPL clan he is now enjoying large grids, but these things are very seasonal whatever the sim in question.

In P&G I was getting grids of more than 20 regularly when P&G V3 was released, though that fell off to single figures

The reason I am continuing to do the Thursday historics is because this is a relatively recent sim that is still being developed
and if I don't keep it going then I have no chance of making a success of it. If we are still only getting a half dozen people
at the end of the year, then I will probably pack it in, but I will be putting on events for at least the rest of this year.
It is a hard but true fact, that the more come, the more will come.

As far as multi class goes, IMHO there is no point unless you know you are going to get grids of 12 or more, and as stated
you should be running on large tracks. For smaller grids shorter tracks can be useful as you have more chance of seeing
people... I love running events at Green Hell, but unless you have the right mind set it can be really boring
as after lap one you may never see another car, so it's all about gap management. I tried some DTM92 cars at the ring
over the weekend, and they are brill  Cool Cool Cool But I am reluctant to run an event there as 1: It's £7 for the track  scared
( I think), and 2: I get bored with all the whingeing about how people hate it. Personally I love it, I often don't finish
but I do like to try  Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:43:11 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 01:10:25 PM +0100 »

Couldn't race last night as I had a wedding reception to go to.

@GT
I agree, if there are not sufficient numbers for multiclass we should revert to a single class, I am happy to stick to some sort of CDP/LMP style cars or we could amalgamate the spare dates into the GT3 series as this is popular.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 07:06:47 PM +0100 »

I switched as i realised i was never going to run with you guys and i normally am around Apex's speed and needed someone to run with!

It might have been a perfect storm? Difficult track, LMP2 cars requiring alot of concentration, long race time? But I would question the multi class as Matt says, the numbers are too low.

Maybe with the clocks changing people are having to let real life in a bit?

The GTR3 only races i think have been reasonably well attended, from what i remember, so would be tempted to stay with the class more.

You certainly have been enthusiastic about R3E, but i thought at the time maybe the series's were a little ambitous with numbers so low.

But i agree, with the content available in R3E it is surprising, and a shame more people arnt running it.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2016, 07:35:44 PM +0100 »

I have seen after the patch, that the lobbys are in fact running more people, but you know what I think was the problem, when R3E first launched there game, it was dull and boring. Then they brought massive updates, but the people who first ran the beginning version lost heart, and subsequently have never return, alot say it's because of the pricing and some say too many bugs. Others want a game that you pay once and can have the full thing, others look for a harder drive, eg like IR.

Look at project cars for example, they held back for months, created an expectation and when they realized over 1500 players in game at any moment. Even today there are loads of people in PCars. Even though the game was bugged like crazy.

My point. GT, try a different approach, try asking on different forum what would people like to race in R3E. I personally love Enduro style racing, long, fast flowing tracks, but I also really enjoy the variation the the historical class brings. My opinion I guess. I know the guys really enjoyed that 30 minute races in GT3. We shaw the like of Joel, Jame and Berger plus many more, Maybe try implement more like that for an ordinance. I really think they want to have a quick fast race in relevant to there desire of cars they like. Its all about the target audience you want to attract.

I could never understand why the 15 minute lobby where alway packed, then I realized that these people want to race and get done without getting board.

I like strategic racing, it a thrill to come out a second ahead or behind someone after a pit stop, like we had at Hungariring, Bru that was intense, but not all like that.

Make a pole let people tell you want they want. Why they will race, which tracks they like, then from the create a series. Please don't lose heart, I like racing here.

Ant

#Ant
oscark1292

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 11:48:01 PM +0100 »

Hi...!!!

I have only just joined !!

Due to work, I travel extensively during the week, but try to get home at the weekend, which makes my Sunday a highlight..
I have been searching for a community that would do Sunday races, so to come across you guys was great.

To quote Ant: "Don't lose heart ...!!!"

... If OK with you all, we could try to attract R3E users through the R3E Leaderboard ...  hammer

Oscar
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 11:07:01 AM +0100 »

I was planning to do this race, but when I realized, that I was 2 seconds off pace ( and it's a pretty short track ), I just didn't bother.

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 12:32:30 PM +0100 »

Thanks for your feedback fellas, it's much appreciated and gives me some pointers for future  thumbup1

Main points:

Multiclass I'd like to continue with the proto cars as they offer some variety and I think they are a great drive particularly after this recent update. I realise they aren't everyone's cup of tea so it seemed a good fix to offer the GT3 cars for those who prefer them but if we don't have the numbers...... I'll be dropping the multiclass format for this series and will continue as P2 cars only for the remaining 3 events.

Race format I try to reflect a bit of RL with race length and format. Sprint races are great for touring cars or some of the single seater classes but GT/proto cars tend to have longer races so I don't think an hour is excessive. Personally I'd like to see the occasional endurance but realise these may be difficult to fit in with RL commitments...maybe a Christmas Special?

Content Sundays here has traditionally been modern GT racing with some protos for variety and has attracted big grids in the days of GTR2. Raceroom is now a worthy successor imo with a great selection of very well balanced cars. GT3s alone are great but racing the same cars every week is likely to become boring which is why I try to mix it up. Raceroom is currently working on updating the GTR2 class of cars which look like becoming a GTE class with some more content. Maybe by the start of next season we'll also have these to play with Smiley

Promotion We need to spread the word about this place if we are going to attract drivers. I try to do this by keeping our thread alive and updated on Sector 3 forum but as I said before it does tend to get swamped by others. Maybe if we all started posting positive comments and chat there it will get us noticed more.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-2016-season-at-srouk.3784/

... If OK with you all, we could try to attract R3E users through the R3E Leaderboard ...  hammer

Oscar

I'm not sure how to do this but yes please, anything we can do to attract good drivers is very welcome  thumbup2

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 03:01:51 PM +0100 »

I had to add some stuff for the results, hopefully it is close enough? e.g it didn't know about the Radicals, but
I could select sr9 though we don't have an entry in the system for the different engines.
I am away in Brum, so I can't see the tyre makes either.

Thanks Matt.

Tyres are done now, they share makes of tyres but more cars have the Dunlops so I went with that as I'm sure particular tyres are not modelled anyway.

I did query the 2 types of SR9 but as they share the same chassis we decided to effectively treat them as the same car.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com