Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 09:44:40 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S30 Spa: April 08, 2016
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 30 (2016) CanAm71- Spa67 - Apr 8  (Read 2669 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: April 04, 2016, 01:15:54 PM +0100 »

To have some fun with the fastest cars GPL has, we will do a mini Friday series with the CA71 mod.

Spa67, the classic track with new layout for GPL. This is the long awaited update to the Papy original. Perhaps THE classic Grand Prix circuit, the original triangular shaped course was designed in 1920 by Jules de Their and Henri Langlois Van Ophem. It used public roads between the towns of Spa, Malmedy and Stavelot.  The course was extremely fast and was made even faster in 1939 with the introduction of the famous Eau Rouge section.  The circuit was completely revised and shortened for the 1981 Belgian Grand Prix but it is the classic 60's 8.761 mile version of the track that we will use for this race.

This version of the circuit was used between 1946 and 1970 and corners like Eau Rouge, Burnenville and particularly Masta presented the drivers with exceptional challenges. Due to the combination of high speed, length and lack of any possible run off, the circuit was very dangerous and claimed the lives of many drivers.

Free car choice and no restrictions, but try to drive like gentlemen and let's all have fun!

Race listiGOR
ServerUKGPL_8
IP addresslook at IGOR
Date08-04-2016
Track dir Spa67
ModCA71 with 60fpsV2newmod
Damage INT long
Race timeRace starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying ~45 minutes, starting ~ 20:45 UK time
Race length15 laps
Replay here

GLA and have FUN
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:27:20 AM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:19:50 PM +0100 »

I made a Lola T222 setup:

http://www.grandprixlegends.co.nf/files/TvO_Lola_T222_30508_spa67.hd1

Place it in your player directory. In my case, it was: C:\Sierra\GPL\players\van_Ostade__TommieCA71\setups\spa67

Best laptime was 3:05.08 Smiley .

Tommie.

Tom van Ostade

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 04:03:11 PM +0100 »

My PC has caught a bug Sad . Participation is unlikely, but I'll try Wink .

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 04:20:43 PM +0100 »

Shame!

Is it a virus or what?

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 10:09:29 PM +0100 »

...Is it a virus or what?

The server had one today. Sad

edit: I mean severe connection issues, cars jumping around and disappearing, disconcerted me a few times, had a bit of fun aside from getting punched at the start
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:21:05 PM +0100 by DLogan » Logged
Tom van Ostade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 11:26:04 PM +0100 »

Shame!

Is it a virus or what?

Yeah, some sort of malware bomb! Suddenly I was installing 7 different programs at once about how I could get my hair back, where I could find the best shoes, which radio station was the best, you name it! It's kind of fixed, now just a problem installing any new programs remains... Hope to get it sorted soon.

Hope you guys enjoyed the race!

GregT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 11:31:17 PM +0100 »

Congrats Axel, Carlos, and Mark!

Bad rejoin! Bad rejoin! I ruined Mark's race. Sad I apologize. I hit the inside of the track turning right at Malmedy. That got me sideways and I almost got out of the slide while staying on the track. Instead I had to save it in the grass. I thought I could keep the car on the right side of the track when rejoining but I didn't slow enough so I side swiped Mark. I was waiting for you to give you the position but when I saw another car pass you in prib, I continued.

I was confused for a while and thought I was going to be disconnected. Finally I figured out GPL quit scoring me after lap 4. I thought I had seen a car at Eau Rouge later but I was so focused on my line I wasn't sure. Later I guessed Axel had waited for me there but later he told me he wrecked. Just as the car was starting to feel real good, I wrecked at Blanchimont around lap 10.

With Axel's qualifying time, I had wished I was driving the M8B. But in hindsight the Ferrari was fast enough in the tow that I had a chance had I driven very good. The race was anticlimactic for me. The car was beginning to go very fast in the tow. I screwed up just as the tow was about to get very strong. It looks like I should do some racing with some AI. I'm losing my familiarity running these cars in a tow.

I apologize again Mark.

On another subject. I installed P&G this week and ran some laps with it and the WSC70 mod. Overall I think GPL is much better. I'll continue to run a few laps with GTR2 mods at least every other week. It's making me like GPL more.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 02:34:24 AM +0100 »

Bad rejoin! Bad rejoin! I ruined Mark's race. Sad

Yeah.  Thanks for apologising though.  I was totally surprised by that one, you seemed to appear out of thin air, I was going waaay too fast to dodge.  I found my way back to the track but the car felt a bit weird after that.  I got caught out again behind Dean into Stavelot and gave up.  These cars are crazy, and sometimes it's the bad kind of crazy.  I worked hard on the setup for this fearsome track, but the thing was like Jekyll and Hyde in the draft.

Congrats to Axel (had that D hooked up!) and the other finishers. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 05:01:17 AM +0100 by Mark Jones » Logged

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 12:26:14 PM +0100 »

Apologies to Deaner for the startline shunt.  I was having a bit a problem with my controller and lost focus.

Greg...  Interesting to read your note on the P&G mod.  I downloaded a CanAm mod for GTR2 earlier in the week and gave it a spin.  Caution!  Very big download!  Cars ranged from '66 models through to the 2nd generation versions.  Tried a number of models at Mosport and...  They were hopeless!  Way, way too fast compared to real-life performance envelopes.  A huge disappointment.  Binned the lot 24 hours later.  Stick with GPL!  Smiley
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 09:31:48 AM +0100 »

I retired in Lap 1 due to big fps drops and little freezes.
too dangerous to drive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com