The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 01:40:25 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1CI Imola: April 20, 2016
April 20, 2016, 08:00:00 PM +0100 - Imola (2007+) - UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 2 +0.368
---
1 30:47.494
---
17 1:46.709
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 4 +1.143
---
2 +5.255
---
17 1:47.375
---
{unknown}  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 1 1:46.300
---
3 +5.744
---
17 1:46.525
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 3 +0.838
---
4 +9.978
---
17 1:47.065
---
{unknown}  
Sutol

Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 6 +2.817
---
5 +37.716
---
17 1:48.979
---
{unknown}  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 5 +2.664
---
6 +38.283
---
17 1:48.504
---
{unknown}  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 8 +4.519
---
7 +57.451
---
17 1:49.859
---
{unknown}  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 9 +8.886
---
8 +1:47.396
---
17 1:51.678
---
{unknown}  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 458 S3 {unknown} 7 +3.590
---
9 +7L
---
10 1:49.580
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 Coppa dItalia - Imola - Apr 20  (Read 5349 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 08:07:05 PM +0100 »

only 3 laps on the server booking screen.. is that  what it should be?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 08:23:49 PM +0100 »

Stupid server manager ! Restarted with 5 min booking

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 08:30:07 PM +0100 »

waste of time.
I had my wheel setup for GPL still so quit to change up to 900 defrees and then couldn't re-book or join the server.
As practice and qually are now under way I'm out of this one  Roll Eyes

Have fun without me Sad
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 09:34:11 PM +0100 »

Had a horrible qually, and just couldn't get 3 decent sectors, there was always one which was screwed up.

The race was hectic as all hell. I was struggling for grip, and the car felt totally different and I had no confidence in the car at all. Felt like the old tyre model.
For most of the race I was behind...Pete  Shocked. He made a nice overtake and was commited throughout the race. His racecraft was a lot better than his server-setup-craft  Wink . While I was trying to keep up with Pete, I had animaled charging behind me, and he was faster, so was tough to try and keep him behind.

I found out during this race, that these cars are absolutely not suitable for close racing. I never had the idea, that people were in control, as there were so many mistakes. When I was close to somebody, I was afraid to brake on my normal spot, as these things seem to wobble all over the place.

Glad these rubbish Fiats are behind us, now bring some proper things  Grin
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2016, 09:38:43 PM +0100 »

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2016, 10:37:19 PM +0100 »

I really enjoyed the race personally although I agree the track felt slippier than normal, was the grip level set right when the server was restarted?
It was also the first race of the series that I used mediums and I certainly suffered the second half of the race with lack of grip as they wore down. I finished with them at about 50% and yellow.

Qualied well in 3rd and enjoyed a close fast chase of Pete for the first 9 laps.  Smiley By then I'd got very hot and made a mistake at t1 bouncing over the kerbs and losing 2 places  Sad
Once I ditched my fleece (whilst driving!) I set about trying to recatch the front 3. They were always just up the road but visible and in the dying laps I closed on 2 of them but nowhere near enough to bother them.
Finished 4th and slightly disappointed to not be on the podium as I had been banging in regular 46's in my practise, but the worn tyres robbed me of pace.

I enjoyed this car but time to move on, thanks to all those who raced  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 10:49:13 PM +0100 »

Server was set for 100% grip, I suspect temperature makes a difference - it wasn't very warm.

Not sure what happened with the Server Manager tonight, I set it to 17 laps but for some reason it won't save it. If I had been more on the ball I would have realised that no "Saved" message means it's not saved. The SM was still running after the race and wouldn't save but I could see why not. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

I guess I like these cars, 2nd last week when there was a low turnout but to finish 2nd tonight, and be there on merit, is not something I'm used to. And this is a track I disliked with a passion too! Shame that's the end of them, was it a flash in the pan  Shocked

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 11:16:30 PM +0100 »

Shame you missed the first 3 rounds Pete, you would have been right in the mix for top 3 places.

Congrats to Jeff on the race win and bigger congrats to FMG on winning the series. Shame you missed the last round, the booking system is a pain in the butt really. It works well for big grids in organised leagues but not really advantageous here.

I think the points spread in the table and the fact that more mortal drivers like me and Pete could mix it with the aliens proves these cars were good for close racing and action.  Smiley

Thanks to all that attended the races and thanks to Pete and Dave for helping me out on server related duties  thumbup1

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 06:27:42 AM +0100 »

Shame you missed the last round, the booking system is a pain in the butt really.

On the plus side I managed to beat Clark's laptime around Monza '66 in the Lotus instead - As I had the wheel setup and some setup ideas I thought I might as well  Grin
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 08:48:08 AM +0100 »

Altough maybe not proper race cars, i had a lot of fun racing them. Short practice time this week and not being my favorite track i was happy to see a reasonable grid size again, so i might have more people to race against. Too bad FMG dropped out. Still he had the championship in the bag. Congratulations!

Early laps where good chasing Chris and had Spanner all over me after i passed him into Piratella. Thanks for leaving enough room there. I was struggling for grip and Spanner looked less out of shape behind me. Then after a couple of laps i got a bit sideways exiting the Variante Alta and had Spanner up the inside. Now it was my turn to leave him some space into Rivazza, but as i slammed the brakes it just went straight onto the grass and spun it.
For much of the race i could see Spanner and some other red Fezza in the distance and only managed to regain position after Spanner lost control bouncing over the curbs into the first chicane.

Thanks to MJ for organising this. Looking forward to the next races. Will be back from holidays the second week in May. See you guys then.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 09:19:16 AM +0100 »

Although I'm not in the same league as Jeffery, I can appreciate what he's said. In the early laps I was up with the leading pack but braking points for myself and others were making it highly likely, that if I continued in the way I was, there would be contact. So I decided to back off a bit and wait to see if I could capitalise on some incidents in front. Gained one place with this tactic, but agreed, hardly racing.

Thanks to Mark and Pete for organising and I sincerely hope that the grids are more populated in the next championship.

Cheers Chris

Still learning so be patient
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com