Quarterly cost: �0

April 23, 2024, 11:40:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
Forthcoming
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S30 Enna: May 08, 2016
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 30 (2016) - Enna - May 8  (Read 6383 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 11:07:20 PM +0100 »

50m46.040s
Axel Cookie gets disconnected while racing in position 3.

50m46.040s
Pelle Buchner gets disconnected while racing in position 2.

50m46.040s
Billy Nobrakes67 gets disconnected while racing in position 8.

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 11:10:53 PM +0100 »

Grats GT & EC....3rd ?...but grats  Cheesy

Too bad, never got tested refuel...a spin between a Ferrari & McHonda...bum, I hit McHonda & had to take a S-R + StopNgo.

Deep in the race - maybe about halfway - I'm in second place (incredibly, had many mistakes)...but it all ended: Freeze  :'(

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 11:22:22 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the first lap incident.Not yet seen the replay but i have touched someone and from here incident at go-go.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 11:47:39 PM +0100 »

A couple of car wrecks in the first few laps needed a stop & go. I remember Greg & Pelle closing up & lapping me at immense speed.
As Clive said the fuel stops made the gaps quite interesting. I was just getting ready for my stop when a I had a screen freeze.

In the Joe Shaw memorial series I suggested giving Borovaya another chance as there were a few discos. So we'll try another fuel stop race at Borovaya with the F2 cars next Sunday. Probably a 45 minute race.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 01:03:14 AM +0100 »

Get the replay here  dots

Axel "Cookie"

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 08:58:27 AM +0100 »

I made one refueling stop but it took me lot of seconds as I was not exactly at the right place in the pits.

Then I preferred to stop racing because my left tyres were overheating.
Moreover, this track is boring ...it is like an oval.

By the way, testing refueling was a good idea !   

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Gareth

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 10:06:00 AM +0100 »

I made the mistake of having a few beers, this added half a second to my lap times and meant that after a few laps I needed to stop  whistling
good idea and good fun.
grats to Greg and everyone who finished  I Am Not Worthy
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 01:03:22 PM +0100 »

Fine drive there, Greg!  Grats, man.

Quite the shunt of Lap01.  Blimey!  Two into one doesn't go, Fran.  I ended that opening lap 45s out of the lead.  Sad

I planned on making two stops with the race split into three sections of 25 laps per with no real intention of going the full distance.  My aim was to last to the 2nd stop and park.  That was quite long enough, thanks.  The pit stops went splendidly well and I'm very impressed with the patch.  We should try to work it into more events in future.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 01:14:25 PM +0100 »

I made one refueling stop but it took me lot of seconds as I was not exactly at the right place in the pits.

Moreover, this track is boring ...it is like an oval.

The same happened to me, as I ran a little too far in the pits and lost lots of time...

Maybe not the best track for a pit stop Roll Eyes

Was in comfortable 3rd when the screen froze Embarrassed

Axel "Cookie"

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 02:43:32 PM +0100 »

Yes a more "interesting" circuit would be better, although I know that quite a few members do like Enna. Like David my left rear tyre was a big problem in the Honda on full fuel.
It was not until I had used enough gas to get the weight down that I could begin to push the pace, and even then I had to be very gentle with my right foot to avoid spinning the wheels and cooking the tyres.

If we are going to use this refuel patch more often I think we should try a GT race on a well known circuit. Just a fun race, but maybe limit the pros to the big gas guzzlers and allow the Ams to use the Porker??....just a thought. I have not used the GT mod for about 12 months so I think I would qualify as an amateur... Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 07:01:14 PM +0100 »

Congrats Clive and Andreas! What a shame for Pelle and Axel. I knew you guys were both out at the same time. I thought it might have been an accident, but I had my doubts about that since there had been a gap of a few seconds between you two.

I tried to put you guys to bed as early as possible. My first stint was very good. At the beginning of the race I struggled a bit for a lap or two waiting for the tires to build pressure. I slowed a bit at the end of the first stint wondering if I might run a little short on fuel. The second stint was good too but trying to save some fuel affected my rhythm more than I like. I got a little drowsy around the midpoint of the race. The repetition got a bit hypnotic. I wasn't that solid on the third stint. By then I was getting tired and somewhat uncomfortable. I began moving around a lot in  my seat. It got so bad I ran up on the wall at Zagaria once in my 3rd stint. That was the only time I came close to wrecking.

My stops went well. With more practice I could have done them a little quicker. Both times I was disappointed I didn't thrill the crowd more with a nice burnout leaving the pits. Smiley I almost overshot my pit on the 2nd stop. I had 12.8 gallons of fuel to start. That was cutting it closer than I liked. The car began losing power the last 1/2 lap of each stint. 13.0 gallons would have been better. That would have eliminated my feeling I needed to save fuel on each stint.

That was interesting. Enna and PIR67 are my favorite "ovals". Plus I love Targa Florio and driving at Enna always makes me think Targa is not far away. Smiley I'd have liked it more if my glass of tea wasn't empty when the race started, but it was a good drive. I'm very pleased that my average race speed wasn't far off my average fast lap speed.

I got a lot of practice with lapping cars. I got a bit closer to Billy than I liked but fortunately neither of us suffered much. I was also a little sad I got Marco to hit the guard rail at Curva del Cancello. I went inside hoping he would brake a little early, easily letting me pass. Instead he was a little late braking and I knew he was in trouble. There was no way I could have actually passed for position then but I was trying to save us both a little time by lapping as quickly as possible.

Andreas had informed me prior to the race that it might be crowded in the pits when stopped at the end of lap 25. By lap 15 I had enough of a lead that I knew there would be little drama during my first stop.

With Pelle and Axel's troubles, I began wishing I had driven a slower car. Plus Clive driving the Honda made it too easy for me. If I could have foreseen Pelle's troubles and his disco, I would have loaded fuel for 19 laps and made 3 stops to make things more interesting.

I didn't have much trouble with my tires once they achieved the proper tire pressures. I was overheating my front tires for some reason when I tried to save fuel. I never really pushed hard enough to overheat the rear tires.

If we are going to use this refuel patch more often I think we should try a GT race on a well known circuit.

I'd be interested in doing that. I'm sure Axel would too. He may like the GTs more than I do. Unfortunately many others may not care much for the GTs. Sad Also unfortunate, is that the two tracks from the 1967 GT season I'd most like to drive are Targa Florio and Nurburgring. I still have so much to learn at those two tracks in the GTs. Those two tracks combined with the GTs would likely draw few drivers. Sad Daytona road course would be interesting to me too. It's the 1967 GT track I have the least experience. I also like the challenge of exiting the oval. To me, entering the road course section is one of the most difficult turns in GPL. I've never seen Andreas or Marco drive the GTs and Pelle only drives the 67 F1s, so that's likely 3 less drivers.

Thanks for the fun guys.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 07:36:02 PM +0100 »

For the next season we plan a special events Friday...

Maybe your dreams will come true  Roll Eyes

Axel "Cookie"

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 11:06:33 PM +0100 »

I don't know if you saw my 'GT rank the hard way' videos back in late 2010 Greg - but they might help you out here  Smiley
Youtube link  Grin
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 10:45:35 AM +0100 »

Hmm, GT races with pitstops sounds pretty interesting.  But I'm a sucker for the GT cars anyway  Cool

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 11:31:55 AM +0100 »

Hmm, GT races with pitstops sounds pretty interesting.  But I'm a sucker for the GT cars anyway  Cool

We will have them in S30  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com