The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:21:13 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1BPR Barcelona: May 11, 2016
May 11, 2016, 07:15:00 PM +0100 - Barcelona (GP) - UKAC Season 1 BPR GT
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
ChrisR

McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 1 1:46.769
---
1 27:26.311
---
15 1:48.522
---
{unknown}  
Jeffrey

McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 4 +1.689
---
2 +29.233
---
15 1:49.780
---
{unknown}  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 3 +1.289
---
3 +47.544
---
15 1:48.737
---
{unknown}  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 5 +3.868
---
4 +58.034
---
15 1:51.592
---
{unknown}  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 2 +1.072
---
5 +1:00.409
---
15 1:50.162
---
{unknown}  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 6 +3.915
---
6 +1:06.326
---
15 1:51.817
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 7 +3.972
---
7 +1:16.405
---
15 1:51.091
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 8 +4.143
---
8 +1:18.110
---
15 1:51.988
---
{unknown}  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren F-1 GTR {unknown} 9 +20.268
---
9 +1L
---
14 1:56.303
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 BPR GT - Barcelona - May 11  (Read 8665 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 08:21:16 AM +0100 »

Those screenshots look very cool. Sorry i could not make it yesterday, just too busy sadly. Looking forward to the next outing.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2016, 04:34:53 PM +0100 »

Okay I'm hearing what a few guys are saying. Let's give it a bit more of a chance before writing it off or bailing out already  Tongue it might be track specific.  Undecided can't say I enjoyed the racing experience either so my own jury is out until I use the f1 on other circuits properly.

The F40 will be a doddle after this  Grin and should be a blast on Brands GP layout  Cool

I might run a Gt3 Blancpain Sprint series after this so keep the faith  thumbup1 went to see it at Brands Hatch at the weekend and it was excellent.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2016, 05:33:26 PM +0100 »

Smiley Been unable to race on Weds recently but couldn't resist this combo. How I managed 15 laps with only one mistake (sorry Animal Ed) is beyond me. Definitely will be here next week in the F40, hope for a bigger attendance, last night for me was epic.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:32:14 AM +0100 by Bob » Logged
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2016, 06:16:36 PM +0100 »

Driving the f1 atm takes a certain mentality.. You have to forget about pushing, goin deep into corners and tryigg to accelerate out before the apex.... All the stuff you get away with in gt3 type cars is just thrown out of the window with this car. Just be smooth on entry, dont try braking dead late etc as it wont work.. Brake in loads of time and when enterting corners coast around them until the apex, it keeps the car stable and gently apply throttle and you should be ok. Also, try using a higher gear than you might initially think, this car has a shit load of torque and using a higher gear will help the power on oversteer.

Dont get me wrong.. Im not defending its current physics/tyre model.. I was doing my fair share of tantruming whilst practising.. I have spoken to the devs about the car just to check that all the 1' and 0's are in the correct place because its deffinatly changed since we did monza a couple weeks back. Aris said nothing has specifically changed but would have a look anyway..

Judging by videos you can see online there is deffinatly a tendancy for understeer.. We deffinatly got that lol.. But the on power oversteer and the off power corner entry oversteer imo is not realistic.. So here's hoping.

Somone asked whetger 35 was the correct tyre pressure and i said it was 33, i have to apologise because it is 35 and it really does make a difference..

I tried jeff's setup but for me it was not very stable, i will share my setup when we do the next mclaren race as im sure some of you haters will come round to the car.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2016, 06:42:49 PM +0100 »

I tried jeff's setup but for me it was not very stable, i will share my setup when we do the next mclaren race as im sure some of you haters will come round to the car.
It was 100 times more stable than what I had been using!

I understand smooth and all that but it's the penalty that gets imposed with one small mistake, easy to do when around other cars and not on your normal lines etc. These mistake get punished disproportionately IMHO. I look forward to trying your setup Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2016, 07:29:30 PM +0100 »

Thanks for your input Chris, appreciated. I think the issue is the F1 felt like a clumsy big car with poor on/off power delivery (like the gt40's always felt like in Gtr2/p&g) whereas it should be a pretty nimble gt car that you can push/race with. It takes the fun out of racing when you have to tippy toe round a track. Think I'd use hards next time.
Still, we will see...

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2016, 08:03:17 PM +0100 »

Smiley Been unable to race on Weds recently but couldn't resist this combo. How I managed 15 laps with only one mistake (sorry Animal Ed) is beyond me. Definitely will be here next week in the Ford, hope for a bigger attendance, last night for me was epic.
Np, i may went too direct into corner ignoring fact that you were not completely "solved" ...
My excuse is that i do not race single seaters so central position in car is unusual for me and impression that i had left enough space for fellow competitor is not "accurate" enough (sorry Pete - after watching replay, my move was at least too harsh on you) ...

... and why i was "officially confused" - it happened to me before but i forgot about that issue.
Every time when i change predefined (saved) setup before the race, car behaves like never before.

Bad traction especially. So far, for qualifying i was only altering my race setup by using softer tires and less fuel and no problem at all.
But if i use different setup without at least, leaving pits in session before the race - problem.

It took 5-ish laps and 2 spins with damage (about 10 mph slower on straight after second spin) to adapt but i can`t say that it was frustrating.
Learning how to go reasonably fast with what you have is not boring nor frustrating for me especially if it happened to be the car with power that exceed suspension capabilities.

On the other hand, with tire model 7, even gt2/3 cars are more interesting now so if Mark decide to put one race (or series) with those cars, i`ll be there.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2016, 09:53:51 PM +0100 »

I will put a link up to my barcelona set and you can try it out there and see how it feels.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2016, 11:27:39 PM +0100 »

My setup came from the Setup Market, so no credits for me, I only tweaked it a bit. For me it felt very stable, even a bit too understeery ar some point, so it's interesting to hear it can be even more stable  Smiley.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 01:39:26 PM +0100 »

I'll be curious to try that Chris.
My setup was the result of a few hours of messing about but was still way off the pace of yours.
Had I chosen Hard tires I would have finished 3rd anyway based on laptimes, I choose mediums in the end hoping to make my way to the front while they were still good and try to hold on till the flag  Grin

It all worked brilliantly until I caught too much curb and span onto the S/F straight  Roll Eyes
Although I think you had so much pace in your car once your own tyres were upto temp that you would have driven around me pretty soon anyway.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 04:38:02 PM +0100 »

Sounds like we all want to try your setup Chris, no pressure!    Tongue Grin

I was most disappointed with my race pace using my own setup, especially as I had deliberately done all my practise on the server to avoid any surprises.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:00 PM +0100 »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0xru0tr0b1c48d6/%28AC1.5.9%29_Barcelona_Moto_-_1%2746.700.ini

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com