Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 08:55:22 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S30 Borovaya: May 15, 2016
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 30 (2016) - Borovaya - May 15  (Read 4224 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2016, 10:33:51 PM +0100 »

Fuel Stop Race - Borovaya

This is a second chance to experiment with Lee’s refuel patch.
You will need to download the patch from SRMZ - http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=10007&hl=%2Brefuel+%2Bpatch – save to your computer as instructed & activate with the tick box in Gem. Pretty easy. The accompanying text file explains how to go about a refuelling stop.

PLEASE READ THE  RACE RULES CAREFULLY.
We will use F2 cars. Free choice of chassis for everyone .
Works standard drivers are requested to take a minimum of one refuel stops. Privateers drivers must make one stop in the pit stalls BUT you have a choice whether to fuel or just stop & go.
You can take more fuel stops if you wish but the F2 cars do run on air. You can stop at the half-way point or run a longer or shorter stints.

The race will be run on Intermediate Damage model. Unlimited Shift R is permitted, followed by a compulsory stop & go in the pit lane.

The race will run approximately 60 minutes – qualifying has been reduced to 20 minutes.

Feedback would be welcome.

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP = see iGOR
Race date = Sunday 15-05-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Borovaya
Race length = 42 Laps
Variant = 1967 Formula 2
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 20 minutes

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Password: see above
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:37:35 PM +0100 by Billy Nobrakes » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 03:50:58 PM +0100 »

Mirror link (in case you don't like SRMZ):

Pitstop Patch:

http://www.gpldownloads.net/patches/Pitstop%20Patch%20v1.0.zip

Tommie.

DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:05:25 PM +0100 »

..Works standard drivers are requested to take a minimum of one refuel stops. Privateers drivers must make one stop in the pit stalls BUT you have a choice whether to fuel or just stop & go...

Can these be combined with the s&g for a shift-r?

edit: This track has a rather awkward pits placement, and with the crest after it you can be unsighted from cars exiting and still slow. Can we have a "through traffic stays left until after the hill, and pit exiters stay ALL the way to the right until T1" recommendation, especially with the extra traffic this will generate? I've narrowly avoided people coming out of the pits and crossing to what they thought was the off-line here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:25:10 PM +0100 by DLogan » Logged
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 08:08:59 PM +0100 »

67 practice server up?
Marco Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:17:23 PM +0100 »

why F1 67 pratice server???
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 08:27:42 PM +0100 »

Maybe its a new handicap system for the coming F2 season laugh laugh laugh
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:11 PM +0100 »

Sorry my fault  Roll Eyes

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 09:44:59 PM +0100 »

Good luck to everyone still running.
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2016, 10:07:55 PM +0100 »

For me was not a bad race but i forgot to tick pit patch in my GEM. Angry
After 25 laps up arm but nothing happen and than i realize.
Jani Posta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2016, 10:27:59 PM +0100 »

Good luck to everyone still running.

Sorry for the contact, Ronnie. I somewhat expected you move to the outside... Sad

Groundhog GPL Weekly / Custom Rank
www.formulado.hu/weekly
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2016, 10:50:32 PM +0100 »

Couldn't get near the 1,25's I was doing in practice yesterday.

Managed to creep up to 8th place but then got tagged from behind. After that I overran the same turn twice on cold tyres & got stuck in the tyre wall. Decided to go & do something else.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 11:17:07 PM +0100 »

Get the replay here

Felt a little sick today so I did not practice to find a setup. Ended my race after 2 laps.

My theory, that a tight grid makes everybody more carefull seems to be true.
As far as I saw there were no incidents in T1!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 11:55:57 PM +0100 »

Congrats Piero, Jani, and Tommie!

I did the difficult part. I moved from the back of the field and into the lead. I was pulling away from Piero until I tried a new line heading towards the factory. I couldn't get unstuck from the hay bales. I didn't realize it was unlimited resets but I shouldn't need more than the one I used early in the race.

My apologies Clive. And poor Clive, it seems every time he had trouble with a car in front of him I was there to hit him from behind. I think I flipped him the second time. Sad I should have slowed more the first time. I had the same predicament as Clive. I couldn't figure out which way to go, but I had more time to react.

Subtract the 6 or 7 mistakes, and I drove well. Smiley

That was exciting. And I had myself laughing at some of my slides through two of the turns. When I saw the layout of this track for the first time, I didn't think I'd like it much. But I've liked it since I started driving it. I ran a lot of laps here in the 312 and 712 when it was first released.

Thanks guys.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 01:05:00 PM +0100 »

I was beginning to feel like I had a target on my car..... Undecided This track really has only one overtaking place at the end of the main straight and that requires some slipstreaming and demon braking. Anywhere else requires the car in front to make a bad mistake, but the track is so narrow that this usually means that you get involved in exchanging paint samples at the very least!!

I got myself and the extra heavy Lola BMW up towards the sharp end of the race ( top 5) at least 3 times. On each occasion I either got tagged by the car that I was passing when alongside, or was faced with a car rolling across the track which I could not avoid, and if I did manage to slow or avoid the first 2 there was always Greg to flip me over. oops

No complaints as this was a fun race, but eventually I lost the will to try yet again to recover the lost ground, even with free shift/R's. Besides, once you have done a Shift/R and get a refilled tank and cold tyres, it sort of screws up the refuelling doesn't it. My car was definitely getting faster as the fuel load dropped, so to reset yet again and drag all that extra weight around felt a bit too much like hard work.

Grat to all those who made it to the finish and the podium.

Still very much in favour of the fun generated by pit stops and I was actually looking forward to seeing how things worked out after the stops.

I wonder if where we race one of the carsets with a much bigger spread of performance ( for instance the 67's), we could simply insist that the top 3 cars ( Lotus, Eagle and Ferrari?) all have to make one refuelling stop?. Or that the top 3 drivers after 4 races must take a fuel stop?
The 71 Can Ams might work well with this and handicap that all conquering McLaren. It would be interesting to see how it affected the positions at the end of a race.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 03:20:02 PM +0100 »

I think the fun part of the patch is not to use it as a way to introduce a handicap, but rather to try and gain an advantage with it. For that reason, I think the big gas guzzlers like the 1967 GT's and 1966 or 1971 Can-Am's are the most suited for a pitstop race, as they reward a car with less fuel more Smiley . So a one or two stopper might actually be faster in the end than going non stop all the way Smiley .

I did a three stopper last night, bit of overkill but wanted to see how fast I would be in the beginning of the race compared to the rest. It worked, because by lap 10 I was in the lead Grin . Lost a lot of ground during the pitstops though, but still 3rd Smiley Smiley . Grats podium and finishers!

Tommie.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com