The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 10:42:59 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1BPR Hockenheim: May 25, 2016
May 25, 2016, 07:15:00 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (GP) - UKAC Season 1 BPR GT
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
ChrisR

Ruf CTR {unknown} 1 1:53.545
---
1 29:11.761
---
15 1:54.158
---
{unknown}  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Ruf CTR {unknown} 2 +1.898
---
2 +5.137
---
15 1:55.124
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ruf CTR {unknown} 4 +5.434
---
3 +40.436
---
15 1:57.330
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ruf CTR {unknown} 3 +4.385
---
4 +1L
---
14 1:57.291
---
{unknown}  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ruf CTR {unknown} 5 5 +15L 0 ---
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 BPR GT - Hockenheim - May 25  (Read 6184 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2016, 10:19:46 AM +0100 »

When we have the server up for practise.. Have it open, so no password.. Then on the welcome screen just have some text saying we are racing this combo wednesday night, please register etc etc.. If you want to race with us.
Good idea Chris, can this welcome message be setup in the acServerManager? If so I can't see where  Embarrassed I can see a WELCOME_MESSAGE line in the server config file so obviously something can be setup.

Yea, you have to write a notepad file then use acsm and point to it.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2016, 11:48:36 AM +0100 »

When we have the server up for practise.. Have it open, so no password.. Then on the welcome screen just have some text saying we are racing this combo Wednesday night, please register etc etc.. If you want to race with us.
Good idea Chris, can this welcome message be setup in the acServerManager? If so I can't see where  Embarrassed I can see a WELCOME_MESSAGE line in the server config file so obviously something can be setup.

That seems like a fine idea to me. There surely must be potential for a 10+ grid on a Wednesday night.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2016, 01:02:59 PM +0100 »

These old eyes are going blind, found the bit in acsm now  Embarrassed Thanks

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 03:37:11 PM +0100 »

Good to see there is some support here still  Smiley but could do with you all on the grid!

Regarding advertising elsewhere, I often do but it gets poor return despite the amount of viewings. I think I drew in about 4 new guys during the E30 series and fun race spell late last year but without regular good grids they just disappear again.
Several sroukers are also racing regularly at Core at present so guess they can't/won't do two races a week.  Undecided

With regards BPR or GT racing, I and others felt that gt3 was covered well elsewhere with big grids and had been almost done to death hence why trying to offer new events here using some of the great cars that AC has to offer that hardly get used. Seems I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't, so may as well run the last 3 rounds of the BPR Series then do my Gt3 Blancpain series.

As mentioned earlier, I'm away next week so needs one of you to sort a fun race as a stop gap or you can all practise the McLaren at Spa  Wink

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 05:08:19 PM +0100 »

As ChrisR has said last night I was late home and very tired, normally I have a go with most cars, find them a challenge. As you may know I also participate on a Sunday at Core but not in the present series as I find the car not up to Kunos standard. Next series there looks more appealing. Will be back next Wed whatever the combo cheers Bob.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 05:40:08 PM +0100 »

I do like these sort of cars (Although Chris needs some ballast adding I think  Tongue ) but just to throw a spanner into the works would struggle with Sunday nights due to GPL.

I thought last night's race was great fun - at least until Chris turned up the boost/his own pace and passed me again once I made a mistake.
I'm still struggling with how to setup some cars in AC, it kind of annoys me as I can get close to WR times in some of the GPL cars on my own setups Sad
Never mind, at the end of the day there is always someone to race, and this would only be more true with bigger grids.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 07:34:52 PM +0100 »

well we all have Chris' F1-GTR set up now so no excuses for Spa  Wink

Just about to try it out for myself  Smiley

Edit: tried it, loved it  thumbup1 just made a small tweak to Chris' tyre pressures for Spa and lengthened the gears. Nice and stable and still quick. Definitely race-able without alien skills.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:43:45 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com