The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 09:36:05 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1BPR Hockenheim: May 25, 2016
May 25, 2016, 07:15:00 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (GP) - UKAC Season 1 BPR GT
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
ChrisR

Ruf CTR {unknown} 1 1:53.545
---
1 29:11.761
---
15 1:54.158
---
{unknown}  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Ruf CTR {unknown} 2 +1.898
---
2 +5.137
---
15 1:55.124
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
Ruf CTR {unknown} 4 +5.434
---
3 +40.436
---
15 1:57.330
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ruf CTR {unknown} 3 +4.385
---
4 +1L
---
14 1:57.291
---
{unknown}  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ruf CTR {unknown} 5 5 +15L 0 ---
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 BPR GT - Hockenheim - May 25  (Read 6197 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 09:10:21 PM +0100 »

Server should now be running latest version

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 10:02:45 PM +0100 »

im going on now if anyone wants to join, maybe i could help you out.,

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2016, 10:15:51 PM +0100 »

Spent an hour on it tonight - 1:57's on stock boost and 1:55's on full boost.
I still have options available in the setup so hopefully I can try and find something to close the gap a bit more to Chris.

Has anyone else tried 15laps at full boost yet? The tyres become 'interesting' by the end to say the least!  Cheesy
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2016, 10:39:15 PM +0100 »

im going on now if anyone wants to join, maybe i could help you out.,
Thanks for the offer Chris, sadly I've been working most of the evening.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:32 PM +0100 »

started playing with the setup and managed to get down to a pretty consistent 1'53's with 30L, PB dropped down to 1'53.4 but i think with some more tweaking im positive that a 1'52 would be possible.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 11:01:42 PM +0100 »

I was out this eve or would have happily joined the server for some tips, will have to see how it goes on race night.
Any stand out setup tips that help? Found I had to ramp up the front camber quite a bit to get it to lean on the inner edge of the tyres.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 09:35:59 PM +0100 »

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 09:39:46 PM +0100 »

Well a whopping total of four drivers attended this eve. Are you guys voting with your feet or just weren't about tonight?   Huh
Not really worth my time organising if nobody wants to show up.

As an event it turned into a disaster for me, low turnout aside I then got a Ctd at end of qually when I was just putting my race fuel in  Sad a first for me in AC.
This meant I missed raced start and got going 30 secs after the large pack of 3  Roll Eyes I then made a few errors over driving to catch up and stayed pretty much 30 secs behind Pete the whole race. To add insult to injury I ran out of fuel on the very last lap  :'(
A night to forget.

Well done to Chris on the win, great pace!  Shocked and thanks to the 3 who turned up.

Not here next week so no race scheduled, feel free to organise a fun race of your choice  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 09:56:48 PM +0100 »

To be honest I'm only doing these to help keep some numbers up - I'm really not enjoying them one little bit. Back to proper race cars would suit me somewhat better. Do appreciate the work you do though MJ trying to keep something going  angel

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 07:20:59 AM +0100 »

Cheers Pete, appreciate the support.
I thought these cars would conjure up the racing nostalgia in a few more racers, considering all 3 are iconic cars from that era but even I have to admit they are not proving as fun to sim-drive as I had hoped. But I still like the challenge of trying to master them, however it just seems a thankless task with such low number grids.

Next planned race was the McLaren F1-gtr at Spa in June. May still run that one as wont have time to sort anything different, but after that I think I will bring forward the GT3 Blancpain Sprint series.  Smiley. If that doesn't boost grid numbers I give up.  Tongue

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2016, 08:34:16 AM +0100 »

Hey guys, sorry i could not make it last night. I even had got in some practice last week, so was looking forward to throwing these cars around the track... Good to hear next week is free, as i am away next wednesday.

I do like these cars MJ. Thanks for putting these up. Surely i will drive anything that will boost numbers btw. Still i would like to see this series finish like it was setup, so lets bring in the F1@Spa.
Sadly the online racing community seems pretty small and too devided between titles to get full grids somehow. Maybe a GT series would boost grid numbers a bit. Also racing on weekday's is maybe a bit less attractive then a sundaynight?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 09:01:32 AM +0100 »

I was a little dissapointed with the grid size but hey ho.

I know jason, mark, sutol, luke were busy as im talk to them daily, and bob did come on to watch but he didnt want to race with zero practise.

Imo if you dont drive cars such as these you are never going to get better with anything, sure the gt3's are easy to drive and will bring in more people because of that.. But i find them soooo boring!!

Finish the series.. I certainly am going to be dissapointed if it ends prematurely..

I think it comes down to advertising again.. There must be people dying to drive these cars..

You know what i think might be worth a try...

When we have the server up for practise.. Have it open, so no password.. Then on the welcome screen just have some text saying we are racing this combo wednesday night, pleaseregister etc etc.. If youbwant to race with us.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 09:11:43 AM +0100 »

When we have the server up for practise.. Have it open, so no password.. Then on the welcome screen just have some text saying we are racing this combo wednesday night, please register etc etc.. If you want to race with us.
Good idea Chris, can this welcome message be setup in the acServerManager? If so I can't see where  Embarrassed I can see a WELCOME_MESSAGE line in the server config file so obviously something can be setup.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 09:35:58 AM +0100 »

Apology from me for non-attendance - I had intended to join, but something came up so had to miss it. I struggle with AC quite often, but still interested in anything a bit retro with H-shifting. Whether perceived as difficult to drive or not doesn't matter.

GT3s on the other hand don't interest me much at all - I'm sure you'll get more numbers, but like Chris I find them rather dull.

I think you're doing a great job though Mark, much appreciated.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 09:56:46 AM +0100 »

AC is dead here, and advertising won't work. That has been tried, and not once did we get a single extra soul through it. People might visit the forum, see the small grids and probably can't be bothered.

I think it would be better to work together with a league that has nice grids, and host on another day than they originally do. Maybe you can organise a series on Wednesday on CORE? I also think that races during the week have less attendance than on a Sunday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com