by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 05:02:09 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL - Season 17  (Read 7725 times)
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 02:35:03 PM +0100 »

Hi Clive,
 Nice page, I used to race RC buggies many years ago. (Even made the reserve list once for the European championships).

Still have all my old stuff. Back in my day it was all Nicads, 27mhz radio and Brushed motors. I used to run a Schumacher Cat XLS in 4WD, an and RC10 in 2WD and a home built Tarmac car (Basically a big 1/12th car) for a series called Pro 10 which ran for a few years in the late 1980's. Also have a Mardave Meteor which was actually a lot better than most people thought.

Brings back happy memories camping out at various race tracks during the British Championship.

TTFN
John.

Sorry John, I totally missed your reply.

Sounds like you were in it up to the neck!

I now have the car sorted  and need a 12 year old with the reactions of a rattle snake to drive it.   Roll Eyes

PS  I had more to do with the Cobra than the Meteor http://www.planet-venom.co.uk/

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 10:15:50 PM +0100 »

Not looked at season 17 yet, but my work has meant I have missed most of te F1 events, which I will miss very much.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Andy Clegg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 08:55:55 AM +0100 »

I'm very interested in joining you for Season 17. Not raced online before though. I use a gamepad, is that ok?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 09:03:21 AM +0100 »

I'm very interested in joining you for Season 17. Not raced online before though. I use a gamepad, is that ok?
Hi Andy and welcome to UKGTL. If you can drive using a gamepad then that's fine with us. I would suggest that you get on a practise server for one of the Season 16 races just to check that you have no connection issues etc. Perhaps not a '67 F1 race as that needs a load of prep before your up and running. Best to try when our next L16TA race is running so that will be after 19/09/2016. Details here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13460.msg242646#msg242646

Just download the track and one of the car sets for the purposes on testing.ok?

Any questions? Just ask.

Cheers

WT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Andy Clegg

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2016, 04:02:35 PM +0100 »

I think I need to get more practice before joining you. Don't want to get in the way!!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2016, 05:07:07 PM +0100 »

I think I need to get more practice before joining you. Don't want to get in the way!!
I wouldn't worry about it. We have all ability levels here from  alien's to  wheelchair's

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Andy Clegg

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 08:55:30 AM +0100 »

Tony, thanks for those links that you sent me but I can't connect to any of them. Downloaded cars etc yesterday. Think I've got a rough idea what I'm doing.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 08:58:38 AM +0100 »

Tony, thanks for those links that you sent me but I can't connect to any of them. Downloaded cars etc yesterday. Think I've got a rough idea what I'm doing.
Ok, odd about those links not working tho  Huh Can you copy here one of the links that didn't work for you so I can check it out?
As always, we are here to help you. So any probs just post ok?

Andy Clegg

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2016, 09:04:52 AM +0100 »

https://btmail.bt.com/cp/applink/mail/LoadMessageContent?cKey=1473407197617-2576&iframeID=x-mail-msg-iframe-box-1473407195412&cw=867#msg218913.
Tony, Just read about registering. Thanks for your help.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 12:14:20 PM +0100 »

I'll be having a look at these events when they get posted up. The Can-Ams look interesting as do the GT40 and the Ford Asia series.

I always seem to have trouble tweaking the seat positions to get a proper "in the car" feeling as these settings are usually included in the .CAR files and changing them causes online mismatches. Hopefully these mods will have a wide range of up/down movement.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 12:21:31 PM +0100 »

That doesn't look like one of our links  Huh

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2016, 12:29:20 PM +0100 »

I'll be having a look at these events when they get posted up. The Can-Ams look interesting as do the GT40 and the Ford Asia series.

I always seem to have trouble tweaking the seat positions to get a proper "in the car" feeling as these settings are usually included in the .CAR files and changing them causes online mismatches. Hopefully these mods will have a wide range of up/down movement.
In car seat positioning can be altered in-game by using the appropriate keys.

NOTE: Your key assignment may be different to those shown above. These are what I have assigned to seat control.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2016, 12:38:36 PM +0100 »

It's the narrow range of seat up/down adjustment that is usually the problem though Tony as this can only be set by editing the max and min movement in the .CAR files. Easy to fix for offline fun (I have a "dirty" PnG copy which I still enjoy) but the game checks the .CAR files to make sure the car physics hasn't been changed and will report mismatches.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2016, 03:23:25 PM +0100 »

If you give the Can Am's a try

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hnlvv2cbm1gmhw/GTL_Can-Am-1967_v1.1.rar?dl=0

and you find an issue let me know with details..

The pack is ready to go as far as I'm concerned but still available for final tweaking if someone comes up with any suggestions.

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Andy Clegg

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 04:10:59 PM +0100 »

Tony, checked again, I got three e-mails and this link was one if not two of them. At the moment I'm busy Mondays, but I noticed that Tuesdays might be an option in the future.
Next seasons racing certainly looks interesting. Thanks for all your time and help and will keep an eye on the website.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com