The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:20:05 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3H Suzuka: June 23, 2016
June 23, 2016, 09:01:05 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Historics Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan 300ZX Z32 IMSA GTO 2 +0.046
---
1 30:06.588
---
14 0 2:05.871
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Mustang IMSA GTO IMSA GTO 1 2:05.253
---
2 +2L
---
12 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 3 +0.405
---
3 +3L
---
11 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 4 +2.044
---
4 +9L
---
5 1 2:08.002
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Historics Series - Suzuka - Jun 23  (Read 5502 times)
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 06:42:12 PM +0100 »

Hey Gents

Its been a while. Been really caught up and busy. Sorry for not letting you all know that I could not make it the last few races. Neither tonight. But should be around next week. GT will take the championship lead tonight. Well done Champ

See you soon
Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 09:05:18 PM +0100 »

Managed a surprise pole! and was 1st into T1, held the lead for a few laps with Tudor sat behind waiting for the inevitable off
so I didn't want to dissapoint him and pretended to lose the back end somewhere, then fell off a couple more times later on
while apparently catching him, this time with damage, was struggling to keep it on the road after that so as I was the only other running
car, I dropped out. 4 people! what the frozen fish is going on? Where are Jim, Reinhard, and other "regulars" even with Ant and Frex tied
up I was hoping for a couple more. I vowed to run this series to the end of the year, but I am on the verge of ditching it.  Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 09:32:55 PM +0100 »

I think it's the summer months syndrome + a challenging combo + some might not have the cars or the track to participate. Personally I find the GTOs very tough to race with the handling/ffb feeling a bit odd compared to other classes but that might just be me.

I can't understand why we don't have more racers here whether it be RRE or AC, exception being GTL which seems to be still going strong and still attracting new drivers. I've given up trying to promote at Sector3 forum as our events posts are instantly swamped by chatter from other leagues and most of the new drivers that have come haven't stayed with us. I still enjoy racing a couple of times a week and putting together our Sunday series so I shall be carrying on and hoping things improve in the autumn.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 10:11:12 PM +0100 »

I gave up after a couple of laps, being several seconds a lap slower on a lap where I didn't fall off meant I wasn't racing anyone anyway Sad

I left the game running as I thought that was needed to ensure the results made sense. Not sure they do currently with me shown 2nd! I was a very VERY distant last. Never raced well at Suzuka and don't understand the cars. Glad I won't ever have to race these again.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 11:07:13 AM +0100 »

I should have gone into the garage. I forgot, this doesn't put you in the garage automatically.
Results updated.
So, do we think these cars are putting people off? For me they are no harder than the Gr5 cars
and at some tracks are superb. IMHO

I can try running more with the easier to drive car sets and see what happens.
I have no interest in "competing" with other leagues, if people have wandered off to other leagues
that suit them better I might join them. I run these races because I think people want them
and I enjoy racing at events that I find interesting.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 11:33:50 AM +0100 »

Spanner was telling me last night I need to adjust my wheel settings for these cars. I'm useless at car setups, adding the requirement to adjust controller settings is another something that just gets in the way and confuses the pants off me. Maybe with the right combination the game / these cars are more enjoyable.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 01:00:15 PM +0100 »

So, do we think these cars are putting people off? For me they are no harder than the Gr5 cars
and at some tracks are superb. IMHO

I only have the Audi, but that seems easy enough to control, no worse than the Group 5 cars as you say. Can't comment on the others as I don't have those yet.

Been mentioned before, but I would like an NSU TT series here if poss, and if enough ppl have them - these are cheap to buy, have limited setup options and are easy to drive - close racing guaranteed.. They are a bit slow, but lots of fun imho. Maybe consider alternating with the GTOs if there is enough interest?
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 01:43:18 PM +0100 »

I have always struggled with the steering setups in R3E and even more so in AC
I found last night that the cars (any of them) were undrivable with the default setups
As with the Gr5 cars I had to set the balance very much to the rear for grip
and I had to decrease the wheel range (is that it?) to 8 (the minimum) otherwise the car darted from side to side
and I had no chance of catching lift off oversteer, or power on big slidey. I have not updated my
Loigitech drivers which they make a big thing about, so maybe if I did, things would be different?
I would love an occasional NSU event, I am hovering over an NSU/Nordschliefe event. But that would be
really tedious if only 4 people turned up  Roll Eyes
Here is my easy listening setup for the Audi at Suzuka. Is still prone to go sideways into T1 but for me
is a lot more drivable, not sure it saves it in the setup, but my steering is 8 with the FFB reduced by 2 clicks.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/phspok2/AUDI+90+QUATTRO+ZUKA.svm

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:17 PM +0100 »

Thanks for sharing the setup, I'll try that out later.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 03:26:07 PM +0100 »

Unfortunately I think you do need to use the new Logitech drivers which RRE now say is essential. I managed to bypass my logi profiler by renaming the logi gaming software folder and the raw RRE ffb felt very good for it. Unfortunately doing this messed up the degrees of rotation and caused the darting effect you describe. I presume using the old logi drivers causes that same problem.

The ffb still feels good with the new logi drivers but just not as good as it does without them.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 02:46:52 PM +0100 »

You should think of it as per the old GTR2 setting in the car setup screen so on cars that have quite a low steering lock value you will not be turning the wheels as far so on tight corners you will not be turing enough. I personally set my steering wheel range around 600 ingame with the car lock set to 20deg for the GTR3s.

It doesnt matter if your wheel is set to 900, the car defaults, if you look in the setup the actual car setting can be quite low. Now i beleive the game options for your wheel range and the grphical movement in cockpit are not strictly related to the car setup options where you set them independantly.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com