The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:26:50 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2BSS Nurburg gp: July 06, 2016
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Blancpain Sprint series - Test race Mugello June 29th  (Read 6373 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 11:04:13 AM +0100 »

Darn I was hoping we could grab some screenshots from the replay to help with promotion  Undecided

Mark, I can help with photos as I have the last 10 laps or so. Will be away for a few days now but back at weekend.

Michael Boylan

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 12:18:01 PM +0100 »

I'd like to propose we run with tyre warmers which should help ease any first lap issues with cold tyres. It was considerable in practise, the difference from the out lap to the next with some heat in the tyres. Plus it will minimise the spread of cars as hopefully people wont be struggling quite so much in the first laps.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 01:52:02 PM +0100 »

By the time GT got passed Michael, for the 1st time, my tyres had already started to go off and my pace drop. All I could do then was watch them disappear off in to the distance. The shenanigans at the start meant no one was close behind and the last half dozen laps were rather tedious.

Forgot to mention this. If you were using the default setup, the tyre pressures were way too high here. With default I was getting almost 39 psi, and 33 is optimal.
My starting pressure, especially the front left, was around 20 psi, and even then it went to 35 at some points. That might have caused your high wear, as my tires were still fine at the end.

Also, the 100% damage seems a bit high, I had very light yellow damage but lost around 10kph on the straight and around 0.7 of a second per lap. i don't think high damage will give safer racing, as I think everybody here is fair and won't do anything wreckless on purpose.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 01:53:53 PM +0100 »

Also, the 100% damage seems a bit high, I had very light yellow damage but lost around 10kph on the straight and around 0.7 of a second per lap. i don't think high damage will give safer racing, as I think everybody here is fair and won't do anything wreckless on purpose.
Don't tell MJ but I accidentally left damage at 70% last night!

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 02:00:50 PM +0100 »

I had every intention of joining you guys last night but had to work till 6 and then i went to the pub and one thing led to another and ... Well... You know how it goes lol.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 02:36:24 PM +0100 »

]Don't tell MJ but I accidentally left damage at 70% last night!

Lol okay, well then, that seemed plenty then  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 03:23:12 PM +0100 »

I'm happy to leave damage lower if it keeps the grid fuller for longer and racing stronger but damage does also need to be a deterrent to contact and dangerous driving. But we all know how painful it is if your a victim of someone else's mistake and end up losing 15mph down a straight due to damage so has to be a happy medium. 70-80% seems fair to me.  Smiley

Good so seems there are at least another 5 drivers who will race that couldn't make last night  Smiley a fiercely close 20 car Gt grid is a good start and may be others waiting in the wings  Cool

Please put your name and car choice in the series thread, ta  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com