by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 12:57:39 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L16CS Suzuka: December 30, 2016
December 30, 2016, 07:33:41 PM +0000 - Suzuka (GP) - UKGTL Season 16 2016 Christmas Special
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW 2002tii (#127) GTC-TC-76 1 2:21.432
91.548mph
1 2:02:09.108
88.332mph
50 2:22.610
90.792mph
Dunlop  
sei750

Porsche 914 GTU (#45) GTC-TC-76 2 +0.269
91.374mph
2 +32.234
87.945mph
50 2:22.534
90.840mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 914 GTU (#45) GTC-TC-76 4 +2.390
90.027mph
3 +42.392
87.824mph
50 2:24.538
89.581mph
Goodyear  
Steiny

Porsche 914 GTU (#45) GTC-TC-76 4 +1L
86.395mph
49 2:24.763
89.442mph
Goodyear  
cap7

Nissan 240Z (#89) GTC-TC-76 3 +0.482
91.237mph
5 +39.762
85.929mph
49 2:23.916
89.968mph
Goodyear  
Jeep
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 914 GTU (#58) GTC-TC-76 5 +3.074
89.601mph
6 +56.131
85.739mph
49 2:25.636
88.906mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Nissan 240Z (#89) GTC-TC-76 9 +9.989
85.509mph
7 +2L
84.470mph
48 2:28.412
87.243mph
Goodyear  
[SJ]HeatCAN

Porsche 914 GTU (#45) GTC-TC-76 7 +4.698
88.605mph
8 +3L
82.016mph
47 2:28.079
87.439mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 914 GTU (#82) GTC-TC-76 8 +7.395
86.999mph
9 +4L
80.560mph
46 2:27.438
87.819mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 914 GTU (#62) GTC-TC-76 6 +3.281
89.473mph
10 +10L 40 2:25.452
89.018mph
DQ
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 16 2016 Christmas Special - Suzuka - Dec 30  (Read 10614 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 06:43:58 PM +0000 »

Just did 10 laps on the Dunlops. Fastest lap equal to the Goodyears, so mirrors Geoffers experience. Tyre wear was the best (least bad) of the bunch; not that there's much between them.

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 07:12:39 PM +0000 »

Maybe worth bumping the thread at SJ Tony, so they don't forget.
Done  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2016, 12:34:05 PM +0000 »

I have just tried the server/cars/circuit for this Suzuka race.

The BMW certainly feels the fastest (even without the wick turned up !!) and I did about 10 laps total in it on various tyres. I would agree with Geoffers and Erling about the wear rate, in fact I presume that the practice server has the 2x tyre wear operational, otherwise my race might consist of more pitstops than racing laps!!!

Tried a few laps in one of the Porkers, just for comparison with the BMW, but mine only came with those modern slick tyres and no choice of "vintage" etc, is that correct Tony?

200 mtrs in the Datsun was enough, and I made the decision to drop that option, although maybe that is unfair and I might come back and try that again before Friday evening. I think we did a race at Road America? or Atlanta? last season with the Datsun and I might have a half decent setup to use.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:09 PM +0000 »

Yes the praccy server is set to race conditions. Yes the Pork only comes with non-vintage tyres. Yes you have driven these cars before (albeit in different variants) https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=460&theme=5

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2016, 10:46:40 PM +0000 »

Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 04:07:44 PM +0000 »

Won't make this race, family is here for the holidays.  Also looks doubtful for Mondays race, have to Taxi kids and grandkids to the airport in the PM.  Would have liked to race Monday on that fantasy track, after many laps of practice learned to like it.  Quirky find Tony!!!!  Now onto finding a setup for Can Am cars.  Going with the 427 Chappy, always rooted for them back in the day....

See you then
Bob M.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 07:03:23 PM +0000 »

UGH UGH wheel decided not to work in GTL, works fine in windows, but in GTL not recognizing wheel turn to right, but on track wheel goes hard right impossible to drive car straight, disappointed was looking forward to this, Hope you Guys have a good race.
Ziu Bacubacu
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 07:32:29 PM +0000 »

UGH UGH wheel decided not to work in GTL, works fine in windows, but in GTL not recognizing wheel turn to right, but on track wheel goes hard right impossible to drive car straight, disappointed was looking forward to this, Hope you Guys have a good race.

In past also me had the same problem with my g27 when I changed PC. If you remove Logitech driver and reinstall it possible you resolve
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 07:35:37 PM +0000 »

Sorry folks but I have a  problem.  Huh Everything went OK on line on my own but tonight I loaded so far and then Had Geoffers pulsating and quit.  Tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail, tried different cars without success. What a bummer!  Roll Eyes  All that practice to no avail, still new Season starting Monday - hope for better luck then.     rockon
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:43:11 PM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 08:32:49 PM +0000 »

Thanks Ziu for reply will try that.

Sorry to hear you could not race Bill.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 09:31:34 PM +0000 »

Grats to the winners and finishers  I Am Not Worthy

I was really quite enjoying a seriously longer race and had gone long on the first half of the race and tried to be very easy on the gas to push beyond 30 laps, which worked. I could actually have done a few more laps but I lost my nerve and dived into the pits  Roll Eyes
It meant that when I left the pits I had fuel and rubber to burn for the last 18 laps and I started to push. I caught John and he did the honourable thing ( eventually  Wink ) and slid out of the way. I was then looking at Cap7 and Steiny who where some 9 secs ahead and hoping that they would suffer with tyres in the later laps and I could pick up a few more places.

Good plan, in theory.

Early in the race I had picked up 2 warnings for running wide, so I had been ultra careful not to invoke the SnG Gods by doing that a third time................but in my enthusiasm to catch Cap7 I ran wide for the dreaded 3rd time and had to do "the pit lane crawl" and wait whilst my crew picked their noses  and scratched their backsides before letting me go. John was now back in front, but maybe catchable in the last 20 minutes.
2 laps later I get Dq'd, for not completing an SnG?Huh An ignominious end to a fun race  Undecided especially as i did do the SnG.  I am more miffed that I was robbed of a finish after such a long time, rather than my lowly position.
I would love to see more races like this, as it presents a different challenge and mindset. Although I still have issues with these grippy modern tyres !!!  Grin

Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2016, 10:26:49 PM +0000 »

Replay now available.

Results may take a while due to something not quite right with our new server setup.

Watch this space.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 10:30:10 AM +0000 »

Results now posted

Thanks to everyone who took part

balloon Happy New Year  balloon

Steiny

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2016, 11:46:26 AM +0000 »

Had a great race last night, but started a bit on the offside.

My GTL was VERY sluggish, whenever i'd hit a button it would load for like half a minute to a minute and then give me the next menu. As i've had no time to test and i liked the BMW, i thought i'd have a run in that, but after trying a couple of times and wasting basically half an hour trying to get in whilst also fixing my gtl-problem, i basically gave up and went for the dreaded Porsche 914.   As i tried to enter the server, the menu told me there were 9994 minutes to go and in the right screen it sayd "Nothing" ... yeah, i can see that... hmm, i had that with the BMW the first time, and with about 3 minutes to go i jumped back out to reload it yet a second time. Picked the car after a minute..... clicked the big arrow to get going and load the track.... and yet again, nothing happend, just Heatcan telling me i now had 1 minute to go...... when it finally loaded, Heatcan was telling me i was too late to join, then it started loading and it ACTUALLY LOADED straight in!!!!
Two seconds later, the race was counting down..... uhoh.. the boys told me there was a setup online, but since i now was scared of hitting any buttons that could take upto 1 minute to respond, i just checked options if my wheel was responding, checked the setup, upped the steeringlock to about 29, filled the tank up, and as Heatcan counted down for me, i upped the gearbox to where i "thought" i would need it, tried to click the suspension, but there was no time....
as good as a  default setup it is then! Doh    Yeah, i know.. i know... i'm a deadbeat for not doing any practice... but work's been hard and gametime suffered.   SO, back of the grid it is!

Luckely i could see the startlights! Unlike those posers who had everything sorted and were in the front couple of rows Get_me_coat  Lol

The first two laps i tried to get a feel for the car and spun it 3 times, of which one time, simply popping it into second gear and not revmatching Rotfl  but then i started realising i shouldn't push this socalled "racecar" to it's limit, i started crawling up outtof the deep doodoo i got myself into and actually started to develop a rythm.  Learning the track was no issue however, since i've loved suzuka ever since i layed my grubby mits on it in the first years of gtl.  The only differences i could see with the previous version was smoother lines, and a bit of a bigger warning label on that final chicane, also 180R was a lot less tight, but is still very deceiving at high speed in a car that doesn't like to be pushed.
It was a very good feeling to finally be able to tame the beast and get to know it's features and faults, the 914 was growing on me those first 10 laps... like a abcess that really needed to be removed, but it was a nescessary evil to withstand the whole 50 laps, afterwards i can always go see a doctor... which i did. I so hated that car, and i wished for quite a while, that although my competative soul kicked in, i actually didn't have to overtake anyone in a side by side manner, as i didn't know how that would turn out... confidence was low, but laptimes were getting faster and faster, getting to know what the car can do under braking, trying not to lock up too much and eventually overtaking our organizer Tony and Eifel. Most of the times i had playertags turned off, so i probably overtook Clive too at some point. (his name popped up once in the last few laps, hadn't seen his name before, so i was surprised to see where in this mismatch of lapped cars he was in... Heatcan suffered a broken car and had to pit, complaining to me as i came round the pit that he'd been lapped.
Then at one point, battle for 6th or something, that the guy infront of me was just about as fast as me, and i could only herass him by taking .2 of seconds off the time he was infront of me... hmmm... then i screwed up again, lost half a second, then i'd gain 3 seconds as he mighta gone wide... he did make me want to go faster and try harder. My laptimes came down from 2.27's to hight 2.25's  though. (thanks Cap)
Just before halfway i noticed my fuellevel was still at like 24 liters, so i thought i'd just pit and get the one fuelstop and tires over with so i could start afresh and hopefully kick some laptime-arse on track, and spend less time refueling because of not running on empty. (yes i know i have to drag that extra stuff around and it's costing me seconds! hahaha, think of it as reversed psychology) And maybe gain a second or two on the guy infront of me as he's doing his pitstop.
It played out pretty nicely and somehow i got pretty rapidly closer to Cap7 *(it turned out) but as he saw the threat of me passing him, he stepped up his game, pushing his black beauty even further, but in the process creating more smoke, which means less tires and me calculating, that if i leave a trail of smoke, half the size of his, i'd be having half more tires left for the end-battle Innocent .
Well, it turned out the datsun is a beast once you smoke up the tires, Cap started blurring "Waiting" into the chat (which he had no control over we found out later) and i was like.. huh?!   i just turned on my lights, so does he think i'm a faster guy trying to lap him!? but as the light faded away my braking markers like "Blackened asphalt" i turned the boogers off again, but more and more markers started fading, even though the sun was still glistening over some parts of the track, it was getting pretty rough in terms of visibility.
So, two more laps later, lights back on and getting used to the situation.  Then the leaders started passing, and i was trying to plan it so that i wouldn't lose much time, or make them lose much time, i just wasn't confident enough in the car to be  doing outside lines in the first couple of esses, i'd just stick to my lines untill they really got close and then move off the racingline to let them pass. Worked for me, sorry if i held you up. Didn't want either of us to crash in the process.   As i think Geoffers came by i tried to follow, but soon found i missed some speed... but i was still keeping up with Cap somehow.... and we both were closing in on Jeep.   Then at one point, outtof the blue, Jeep pushes it and loses it and Cap and me both get past him.... okay, numbers 4 and 5 now!  Jeep is obviously pissed off at his mistake and starts to close on me again, i make a couple of little mistakes, but then somehow he overdoes it yet a second time and loses time on me again. Then in about lap 38, Cap is getting really squirmy and loses the back end, i slow down as not to not hit him, and pass... yaay, 4th.. But, with a pretty fast driver behind me, closing in as he pushed the datsun to it's limits... but it wasn't to be..  lost concentration a couple of times watching his headlights come closer and completely lose the racingline  (yes, pressure seems to work on me, untill i tell myself to get my shit together again) running over the cerbs, which i haven't done all race long!? Rotfl   
Oh well, start to get back into the rythm and slowly but surely Cap is no longer in my rearview... judging by the timeboard on startfinish (no, i dont use XD) the guy in 3rd spot is solidly in it with 1m40 infront of me, and Cap behind me has probably spun again whilst trying to take the beast towards the finishline as the gap opened up rapidly at one point near lap 44. He was gaining quite alot, to my astoundement, untill his car bit him again... last 4 laps were a breeze... as i came up on startfinish in the last lap a huge burden lifted off me...

Sorry for not practicing Sad ....Very great racing with you all, it's been a blast.   Excited Excited Smile Thanks for the invite Tony! 

Woof ~ Woof

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2016, 12:22:20 PM +0000 »

Great write up Steiny and congrats on having such an eventful outing with us.

Don't be a stranger; we are here every Monday night just doing GTL like it should be done, for fun.

Cheers

Tony

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com