The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:46:56 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirt Rally  (Read 6094 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:53:46 PM +0100 »

I am thinking about buying dirt rally (for the world Rallycross cars and tracks). but in the past I have bought earlier versions in the dirt series and half the tracks need to be unlocked. does anyone know if you can use the world RX cars and tracks without unlocking them?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:34:11 AM +0100 »

You can race all tracks - you have to buy cars in the career mode but I think you can access all cars in some one of the practice modes. Been awhile since I played, can't remember if you can use all the cars without purchasing them in the RX mode.

Best rally game since Richard Burns IMHO.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 12:00:08 PM +0100 »

Best rally game since Richard Burns IMHO.

For sure. I've hardly played if for quite a while though as AC takes up all my racing time.

Note: Triple monitors are supported but not with independent rendering so you get screen stretch on triples just like pCars and RRE (basically anything but AC or iRacing). For us triple screen folk its a bit annoying and leads me to have motion sickness issues.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 12:25:30 PM +0100 »

Last Dirt patch had fully Oculus Rift support - now this is intense!

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:11:10 AM +0100 »

Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 are on sale at Steam. DR is now € 9,99.

I was looking for a new rally title as Dirt 3 does not appeal to me too much. I have bought it last year, but has not seen much action. Visually nice, but not enough feedback physics wise.
I was about to pick up Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo after playing the demo and being pleasantly surprised by it. Although it being a Milestone game, it has very nice car physics, lot of stages and cars, rallycross, Pikes Peak. But now DR is on sale and this has good reviews too. Will not buy both, because i don't have the time to play that much.
Anyone experience with both titles?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 08:55:28 AM +0000 »

So i decided to make use of the Black Friday sales on Steam and purchase Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo instead of DR. (Both are discounted now)

As said not to be expected from Milestone, but this is a rather good rally game. And the physics give me more the feeling of really driving a rally car then the Codemasters efforts. FFB is not as advanced as your RF2/AC etc, but it just feels right on my wheel.
Sound and gfx engine are the same kind as AC, so if that does not hurt your eyes, this certainly will be enjoyable too. To me it even looks more life like then Dirt.
Nice car selection, long stages with multi surfaces and a luvely campaign where you can relive Sebs rally career.
Personally i find it slightly annoying to see it is clearly ported from the consoles, but as a rally game it does too many things right. So it has earned its place on my HD now.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 01:25:20 PM +0100 »

And part 2 has been announced. Hopefully it will be indeed an improved game physics wise.

http://www.dirtrally2.com/

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 02:32:53 PM +0000 »

wow, have you guys seen and heard the new Dirt Rally 2 car selection yet?  Shocked go on youtube and do a search for it, the graphics and sounds are amazing, so life-like. Some very iconic cars to drive too.

For some reason i've got back into rallying again lately and this looks a must purchase when it comes out in february.  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2019, 10:39:47 AM +0000 »

Dirt Rally 2 gets released this weekend  Shocked got to say it looks fantastic in the few Youtube vids i have seen already  Cool
Though i'm a little surprised and peeved they arent supporting VR with it  Huh seems a major feux-pas to me for a modern racing sim.  Good job i've still got my triples  Tongue

Just need to buy a handbrake and better sequential gearstick now  surrender

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 09:05:29 PM +0000 »

yup. Looks very nice, but... Hopefully it will be indeed an improved game physics wise. Shocked
Just a few more days untill we know.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 10:23:48 PM +0000 »

Anyone got this yet? Graphically it is absolutely stunning  wub and the engine sounds are spot on (so far)
I spent a couple of hours on it today and loved it. My 2yr old rig seems to run it fine with everything on ultra  Shocked
I could spend hours with this (if I had them!)  Smiley

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 08:34:47 AM +0000 »

No, i have not yet. And i think i will hold out until it is available in a sale actually.
I read it is low on content tracks wise. Is that correct? And lots of reports of ffb lacking..

I am still not finished with SLRE, which i am enjoying a lot. Though not enough time to play more sims hahaha
(SLRE is on Steam sale atm)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:45:05 AM +0000 by Stefan aka Postal » Logged

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 08:38:06 AM +0000 »

Have they added proper triple screen support?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 11:54:15 AM +0000 »

yeah i'm running triples as it doesnt support VR, seemed to work straight out of the box, i didnt have to alter anything visually and it is graphically stunning. Driving through heavy rain in a forest is a new sim experience that looks so realistic.  Smiley  The range of cars is excellent too, watch some youtube vids.
I like the real world times of other drivers that you compete against every stage, quite addictive!

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 10:07:25 PM +0100 »

So there is Steam Summer Sale atm with both DR1 & 2.0 at a discount.

I read some disturbing performance story's on DR2.0 and Oculus Rift. There even seems to be an Oculus version sold separately for this reason..? Anyone has experience with DR2.0 Steam version and a CV1 maybe?
If it is crap then even €9 is not worth the hassle.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com