The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 03:45:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Endurance or Sprint at the next round - you decide  (Voting closed: August 30, 2016, 01:06:15 PM +0100)
1hr Endurance - 7 (63.6%)
35-40 minute sprint - 4 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  
Author Topic: New AC Championship - Blancpain Styled GT3 Sprint Series  (Read 20180 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 11, 2016, 09:14:23 PM +0100 »

What version of hungaroring are you running as theres a tiago lima version or the acu version ?
Where can I find the acu version? Only found the track from Tiago Lima which is imho not very good. Hopefully the other version is better.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/18v3ip1w5xnddcr/acu_hungaroring_v.1.1.rar
Thanks, this version seems to be much better  thumbup1
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2016, 04:42:18 PM +0100 »

Err hang on, was just going to post having seen the pooints table it shows Budapest as the last one that we should carry it on and extend it, but then i suspect the races havent been put in yet to LM2 lol

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2016, 11:04:47 AM +0100 »

Right, only two rounds left folks. Boy that went fast!  Shocked

Next race is listed as an endurance round using the Nurburgring gp. I am tempted to make it another sprint round,  but this time using the Gp layout, as this is what the series was originally meant to be. As only 12 guys on average have turned up last couple of races I think a sprint length is wiser too, as much as I enjoy enduro rounds.

Two races left with a 3 way fight for the championship -  nice  Cool
If Kai had turned up more and Georg been in from the beginning I am pretty sure it would have been a seriously good 5 way fight for it   thumbup1

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2016, 11:41:26 AM +0100 »

Personally, I would prefer an endurance race at the ring and then the final at barcelona with a sprint race ( as planned), but it's of course your choice Mark.
Those 35 mins sprint races are always over really fast and an endurance race with pitstopps brings some more action imho. Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2016, 01:09:13 PM +0100 »

I am happy either way but I have put it to the vote, see poll above  Smiley

Personally I don't want the series to end as I have enjoyed it so much and missed two rounds to holiday/real life, but all good things come to an end  :'( so guess to prolong the enjoyment I would prefer it to be an endurance round as the real deal but I'm conscious of the fact we have only had almost half the grid lately.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2016, 01:12:24 PM +0100 »

I know you wanted to mimic the real life series in some depth but I'm not sure the scoring system helps. Stopping the points for 10th position doesn't allow the slower drivers to have their own mini competitions as they will normally score no points (well some may argue this Wink)

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2016, 01:55:29 PM +0100 »

Yes I noticed that when browsing further down the championship table earlier. Lesson learned will extend the points next time to give guys something to fight for.  Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2016, 02:09:35 PM +0100 »

Championships drop off towards the end anyway and its summer hols so I think getting 12 at the end is not bad going considering.

BTW, suggestion for next series is to use GT2 cars in a similar format to this series and possibly then flip-flop GT3/GT2 each time a new series is started.

I don't think it's going to help picking some single make cars that only aliens can and want to drive, so picking something that's going to be popular with the possibility for people to choose between a selection of similar performance cars I think will help maintain numbers.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2016, 02:58:04 PM +0100 »

Problem with Gt2 is there are only 3? Cars to choose from and most plump for the easy fast BMW. I think H@l tried to run a series using them and only a handful turned up  Undecided though I don't think it got promoted too well.

Ps nobody has voted yet !

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2016, 03:00:18 PM +0100 »

Ps nobody has voted yet !

I can already see three votes Huh
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2016, 06:13:54 PM +0100 »

I think the points should extend much further. Nothing more demotivating that not scoring points and if you know you are one of the slower drivers then you kind of lose the interest to keep fighting.

I think the championship has worked very well and has been very enjoyable. My own personal take on it is I would stick to just Kunos tracks as they are such high quality apart from Paul Ricard and Hockenheim, extend the points to say 24th place and make every race an hour.

Personally I can't wait for the next season.

Michael Boylan

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2016, 06:54:26 PM +0100 »

When did this degenerate into a critism thread?  Tongue

Going back to an early post.... Id rather do a enduro round Nurburg than Barcelona. But next time (please be a next time) can the enduros be spaced a bit more evenly?

I think the attendance has been good. All series peak in the first races and die off through lack of interest, either through realising people are off the pace, cant drive the car, or real world stuff. People cant always commit to a regular event. those of us without social lives can!

I would be more than happy with restarting a GT3 champ, best cars for all, variety..... or you end up with single make. There is no natural multi-car class in the rest of the content. But i wouldnt wait too long as people will naturally start to disappear.

Agree with the points extending them down further, would have actually been nice to have some interest in the champ standings. Its ok for you guys who score regularly but for the rest of the field its irrelevant.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2016, 06:58:58 PM +0100 »

It's all positive criticism so i don't mind  Smiley the points thing has proved valid, just didn't dawn on me at the start as I reflected the real series points system.

4-2 in favour of endurance at Nurburgring so far.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2016, 09:22:58 PM +0100 »

5-4 in favour of endurance round , clear cut then  Roll Eyes Grin

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:32 AM +0100 »

6-4  Grin
1 hour race is still not endurance in my book!  Cool

GT3's provide good racing and indeed they are in good quantity, so i can understand their popularity. Would be a bit boring though if we can't touch the other race cars... GT4's/235i and GT2's - SG P4/5, DTM are a bit thin, but maybe give them a smaller calendar in between or mixed with the GT3's schedule?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com