The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 04:19:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2BSS Nurburg gp: July 06, 2016
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Blancpain Sprint series - Test race Mugello June 29th  (Read 6492 times)
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 10:45:52 PM +0100 »

Good fun tonight and great racing the Bentley in my Nissan. Replay was like watching two heavyweights slug it out Smiley

Michael Boylan

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2016, 06:50:35 AM +0100 »

Personally found the Lambo the quickest but a bit hard work. Seems a slightly oversteering car that turns in well work round here. Audi i think i improved the setup but didnt have chance to do a lap. Z4 felt a bit more stable on turn-in giving more confidence to push but might need more work as the engine felt a bit down. It is an older generation car compared to the others here now tho!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2016, 09:10:10 AM +0100 »

Just tried the Bentley, Nissan, McLaren, Lambo en Z4 and they were all quite equal timewise. So I'm just gonna pick the thing that doesn't get picked  Tongue
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 09:30:37 AM +0100 »

Hi Gents,

Back again from working abroad. So time to fire up AC again. Happy to see tonight's race is a test race. Gives me some time to sample a few cars. I don't have a favourite, so will have to try them all i guess. Cool

I the damage multiplier 100%? In previous races it was set to 70% if i remember correctly.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 09:58:32 AM +0100 »

I set damage at 100% to encourage cleaner driving, but I don't mind reducing that to prevent people's races being over early if they happen to get spat or pushed into an Armco barrier.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2016, 10:57:08 AM +0100 »

I can remember damage on these cars having quite a big impact.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 12:21:32 PM +0100 »

Following the Bentley, it does look good! However seeing Picnics onboard the cockpit is a bit basic, hate the seat head restraints blocking the view!

I take it PLP isn't neccasary for this? Though I've always had it installed

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 01:08:06 PM +0100 »

For the Bentley you have to use the in-game app cockpit view adjuster to move your seat forward. (The icon with a helmet on it). No problem with that.

PLP will not be used. We'll rely on driver reporting or watching replays to bust repeat cutters. AC does a reasonable enough job grip wise of making you not want to take too much kerb or grass anyway.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 01:40:50 PM +0100 »

This should get your racing juices flowing..onboard gt3 action at Mugello

https://youtu.be/8iTVc4_FRvE

Awesome  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 04:11:28 PM +0100 »

Note to all, booking is removed for this evenings race so you can jump in the practise session on and off with various cars from 7.15pm uk  Smiley
First post updated.
Apparently without a booking session we are limited to a set number of each car (think that's correct) so if you can't get on with a particular car, try another. Me & Pete are working on it behind the scenes  Wink
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:33:37 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 06:46:34 PM +0100 »

Err ok, this'll be a voyage of discovery!

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 06:53:55 PM +0100 »

I gave the Bentley a go, and the physics are... interesting  Grin

The tyres are the old V3 model (the rest are on V7), meaning the temperatures are too stable, which is why they don't overheat like the others. Unlike the others, there is no differentiation between surface and core temps, both are the same.

Aero is strange too, very very rear biased, even with front wing at max. The frontwing and diffuser heights are very unstable too, meaning the aero balance fluctuates far more than any other car. This makes braking/accelerating harder, since the aero balance changes wildly.

Its also very fuel efficient  Cheesy Only needs 1.8l/lap, whereas the AMG GT3 needs 2.7l/lap.

Centre of gravity is probably a bit too low at 32cm, whereas the Nissan which I imagine would be very similar is at over 40cm.

That being said, the laptimes aren't that far off with some tweaking to setup, but for me its much harder to drive, quite unpredictable. I found it very hard to feel the grip, the steering goes light as if you have understeer, but if you turn more it grips more  Huh

Anyway, looking forward to the session this evening, see you all later Smiley

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 07:14:20 PM +0100 »

This needs to be done to get v7 tyres on the Bentley. I'm happy to do that if Pete can do same for the server but suspect it's a bit late in the day  Undecided

V7 tires on the Bentley:
Copy tyres.ini from any GT3 car on SDK tires folder to the Bentley data folder.
ex: assettocorsa\sdk\dev\v1.5_tyres_ac\bmw_z4_gt3\data

Let me know if you read this in time Pete

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 07:18:34 PM +0100 »

LOL - just started the server! 40 secs notice was perhaps a little optimistic Wink Unless the tyres.ini file is identical in all GT3s everyone must copy the same file or you'll get checksum errors. Suggest it's left for next week now, sorry.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 07:20:37 PM +0100 »

I only found the solution at 7.13pm after reading Gary's post above  Tongue  yes leave until next time, shame as perfect night to test it. Found a new dashboard file too  Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com