The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 11:03:40 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2BSS Nurburg gp: July 06, 2016
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Blancpain Sprint series - Test race Mugello June 29th  (Read 6483 times)
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 07:22:36 PM +0100 »

This needs to be done to get v7 tyres on the Bentley. I'm happy to do that if Pete can do same for the server but suspect it's a bit late in the day  Undecided

V7 tires on the Bentley:
Copy tyres.ini from any GT3 car on SDK tires folder to the Bentley data folder.
ex: assettocorsa\sdk\dev\v1.5_tyres_ac\bmw_z4_gt3\data

Let me know if you read this in time Pete

Also most of the GT3 fields tyres do have slight differences, especially with overall dimensions. So yeah, they'd all have to be the from the same car, and the dimensions might no be correct. And the tcurve.lut's and wear.luts would also need copying over for it all to work properly.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 09:40:31 PM +0100 »

The league's importer has failed to digest these results, probably due to the fact we allowed drivers to change cars. Official results are delayed as a result.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 09:52:50 PM +0100 »

Don't suppose there's a server replay is there? For some reason my client failed to record more than about 20 seconds worth?  Huh
That's a race I'd really like to see again  Cool

The race was great fun. What the Beemer looses out on acceleration it makes up for in high speed cornering. Although I found it wouldn't change direction at mid/low speeds as stably as some other cars which was costing me time in my battle with Gary.

I lost my cool slightly towards the end due to some small mistakes allowing Gary to catch me back up.
Then Jeremy joined the party - and then I over-did it trying to ensure I kept him at arms length too!
Very pleased with the win, well done to Gary for taking the pressure for so long  thumbup1

Gonna stick with the Z4 for the full series I think  angel
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 09:54:57 PM +0100 »

That was a lot of fun. Decided to go for the mcLaren, as I didn't see anybody talk about it before the race. Wanted to see how it behaves in traffic.

Start of the race was a bit messy. Think a combination of people being very cautious and some caught out by the cold tyres.
I got spun around in turn 2 and ended up with aero damage.
That made the car around 10kph slower and the straight, and it already isn't the quickest.

Had some nice battles and had a hard time overtaking Michael, as that Nissan is flying on the straights. The cornering difference was frightening tho  Shocked .

Last few laps were fun trying to catch up to Gary and FMG. Grin
garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:09 PM +0100 »

Thanks guys, really enjoyed myself, even if I was being hounded by faster drivers for the whole race!  Cheesy

FMG put and kept the pressure on hard, I was barely coping, then when Jeff came along I knew it was only a matter of time Grin You're pace is amazing, glad you skipped quali, allowed me a bit of glory  Wink

Pretty happy, I managed to only made one off-track excursion, with my half-spin after Jeff had dealt with me, luckily I had just enough of a gap to stay on the podium.

I'd also love to see a replay, see just how close FMG got to my rear bumper! And love the breakdown Pete, really interesting stuff.

Can't wait for the next one, though I think I'll be further down the pack, as I'm not a fan of the Nurburgring GP, whereas Mugello is pretty much my favourite.
See you all then Smiley

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:19 PM +0100 »

Had a great race too in the big ol Bentley bus  Smiley finishing a fine 4th on its debut.

Race start was good albeit a bit tardy and I saw a couple of noses poking up my sides but think the Bentley and Nissan blocked out the straight nicely  Grin
Had great fun monstering the mirrors of FMG for first few laps while he fought gary but they eeked out a lead when Richard knocked me off under braking and I never saw them again. Didn't fight rapid Jeff when he caught late on and after Richard span off on a kerb I ran solo until the end. Tyres started to wear down on lap 10 then really go sour from lap 12 on losing 2 secs a lap in the twisties.  Shocked

Good turnout for a test race and a few had pm'd to say they couldn't make this week and one or two either couldn't get on in time or didn't show. Nice variety of cars chosen too.
Looking good for round 1 next week  Cool

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2016, 11:17:48 PM +0100 »

Superb race for in the Nissan. I was a bit of a roadblock early on but soon settled and had an amazing race with Jeffery and Goldtop. Totally knackered though, the Nissan is amazing on the straight but boy do you have to muscle it around the corners. It's going to be very hard work especially the hour races but worth it Smiley

Would love a copy of the replay also if available.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:59:53 AM +0100 by Linus27 » Logged

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2016, 07:13:28 AM +0100 »

AC doesn't do server replays Sad Sadly I sat there so long chatting to others when I quit we'd moved on to the next event so my replay was only 2 mins long of 4 or 5 of us sat in the pits  Roll Eyes If there is an automatic way to save all replays on the client please let me know.

My race got off to a bad start, I hit the back of Michael's Nissan deep in to T2, he was still braking long after I would have been on the gas, I couldn't see through his car so no idea if we was slowing still because of other traffic. If that was all me then sorry Michael. However it then got worse as the concertina effect meant someone also went in to the back of me and as I looked in my rear view mirror I could see cars spinning Sad

The next few laps were fun, I was quicker than Michael so he was holding GT and myself up. We had Jeff and then Shark catch up and get through, how they maintain the corner speed I've no clue (well I do it's called talent and setup, but I have neither) By the time GT got passed Michael, for the 1st time, my tyres had already started to go off and my pace drop. All I could do then was watch them disappear off in to the distance. The shenanigans at the start meant no one was close behind and the last half dozen laps were rather tedious. Looking forward to next week though.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 09:03:39 AM +0100 »

We had Jeff and then Shark catch up and get through, how they maintain the corner speed I've no clue (well I do it's called talent and setup, but I have neither)

Shame about the replay  :'( .

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but download the setup market app. There are plenty of setups on there, also for the Lambo. I downloaded a Lambo setup from there ( I think the Barcelone version) and it felt very good. Also had my McLaren setup from there.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 09:13:15 AM +0100 »

Is there an app to download talent as well Wink

Like my driving skills my memory is non existent and as soon as the race finishes I forget whatever was mentioned in chat. I've now downloaded this and will check it out, thanks for persevering Jeff  Grin

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2016, 09:14:24 AM +0100 »

I managed to save some of the replay although it's only about 10 - 12 laps. I'm just off for a few days to do a track day so I'll upload it when I'm back over the weekend.

Michael Boylan

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2016, 09:20:54 AM +0100 »

Haven't driven AC for ages so it all felt a bit unfamiliar for me. I didn't see any incidents in T1/T2 but I think I gained a couple of places. Unfortunately I've forgotten how to display driver names or race positions so I didn't have a clue who was around me but it was good clean fun all the way with lots of close racing. I eventually managed to pass a Nissan but on the following lap tried to carry too much speed into the final turn and ended up in the gravel  Roll Eyes

Looking forward to the series.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2016, 09:26:40 AM +0100 »

Ctrl-L toggles labels on and off

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2016, 10:11:36 AM +0100 »

Darn I was hoping we could grab some screenshots from the replay to help with promotion  Undecided

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 11:03:01 AM +0100 »

Haven't driven AC for ages so it all felt a bit unfamiliar for me. I didn't see any incidents in T1/T2 but I think I gained a couple of places. Unfortunately I've forgotten how to display driver names or race positions so I didn't have a clue who was around me but it was good clean fun all the way with lots of close racing. I eventually managed to pass a Nissan but on the following lap tried to carry too much speed into the final turn and ended up in the gravel  Roll Eyes

Looking forward to the series.

I was in the Nissan and you had me on the limit for the whole race. I was so slow on corner entry but great on exit speed. The only time I could relax was the main straight but you still got me going in to turn 1 in the end. Great race Smiley

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com