by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 02:09:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic Problem  (Read 1657 times)
roguk

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:32 AM +0100 »

Hi this prob is doing my head in, short Fraps video
link   https://youtu.be/ixkCTekmJYo

computer win7sp1/i7 processor/gtx760/nvidia driver 347.25

any help greatly appreciated.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:37:41 PM +0100 »

I'm guessing it's the late draw of the trackside trees that's the problem? If it doesn't occur at other circuits I would suggest that it is not a graphics card problem but simply track related. You can try upping the distance draw setting but it probably will not fix it. IIRC we had a similar issue with one of the Zolder tracks. I don't know how old your graphics card is but a replacement could overcome this problem. Has anyone else got the same card as Roger and do they suffer from the same slow drawing of trees?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 02:30:45 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony thanks for reply, have now tried
1 new graphic drivers
2 change card (unfortunately older gtx550 ti)

and same problem with trees, i had this also with Wick Island track when we ran it ages ago.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 02:51:06 PM +0100 »

And have you checked the draw distance setting?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:52:59 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 02:56:51 PM +0100 »

yes

How stupid is this after all that time and fiddling, i did a deeper search on the web and found this

(BeepBeep2
04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
For the tree flicker consider turning off the virtual mirror (default key "1")

if that does not fix (or you don't use) then try reducing your anti-aliasing ...we found recently that too much AA can do that kind of stuff
 I'd been running 8x, tried 4x and tried turning it off...oops)

yes i pressed key 1 and no tree flicker LOL only prob now in some mods rear mirrors are useless and you need virtual mirror, next search to see if i can alter virtual mirror.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 03:10:41 PM +0100 »

Well I'll be  censored Never heard of that before. Probably won't be all tracks that suffer from slow trees so not using the VM might be not such a problem (maybe).

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 01:09:37 PM +0100 »

Hi this is still bugging me is this an Nvidia problem? do i need to go back to ATI graphic cards?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 01:11:27 PM +0100 »

Hi this is still bugging me is this an Nvidia problem? do i need to go back to ATI graphic cards?
Sorry Roger but I have no knowledge of such things. Are you getting this problem at Zandvoort?

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:49 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony .... yes at Zandvoort which is quite sparse the crowds disappear and some signs and posts, have tried all the track draw settings and no change. AMD not ati.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:41:09 PM +0100 by roguk » Logged
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 10:23:29 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony this is still a mystery BUT a mystery solved, after trying a radeon graphic card i still had same problem so 2 x nvidia and one radeon graphic card no change, so another clean install of steam GTL, ran GTL and no graphic problem with using virtual mirror, now installed some car mods we use ran GTL and problem back, removed mod cars with the car uninstallers, ran GTL and now the non mod cars ie Healy 3000/ Cortina etc have the virtual mirror problem,( tried all this several times ). Now installed from the past clean Tony GTL worked fine, then installed car mods and works fine with virtual mirror, also tried the 3 graphic cards and all worked, still a mystery to me but after 3 days of pulling my hair out (if i had any) i am glad its working and hope it stays ok.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 04:13:56 PM +0100 »

Well after another day trying things have found the problem resides in the PLR file somehow becoming corrupted, swapping PLR file from Tony install to Steam then the Steam install works fine, going online find i get a mismatch with Steam and Tony but can practice online, will have to wait till later for other cars online to see if works,

Error i get is  ROGUK"GAME DATA\sim_GTC_gdb" mismatch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com