The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 01:46:56 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automobilista  (Read 2050 times)
roguk

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2016, 11:17:45 AM +0100 »

Hi had a few days off so been on pc just tried Automobilista by Reiza studios based on

the rfactor engine lots of cars carts trucks and tracks (mostly South American) the Minis

and the Porsche Carrera Cup are very good, there is also a 60s mod due soon, also there

is quite an active group of modders,the Abarth mod i tried is excellant so are some of my

favourite tracks Albi 67, Solitude 64, Laguna Seca, Clermont Ferrand 65, Bathurst etc. 

The clarity and amount of information displayed in the cockpit is very good for me re my

poor eyesight, just wondered if any one here had tried this and your thoughts.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 11:39:04 AM +0100 »

I have heard of it Roger but I mistakenly thought it was just South American content. I'll browse their web content and have a looksy.

EDIT: Cannot see the free download link on Steam? Only a full cost offering for approx £28
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 11:46:04 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 12:08:19 PM +0100 »

Hi Tony i have tried so many sims poss free because i had one of there earlier ones, did down load it a while ago but had no time to try it until now, very impressed thou, you alter something in garage and you actually feel it, also you can use realfeel, just tried some adjustments to Porsche and it handled a lot better, the Ai is very good, not tried online yet.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 12:35:52 PM +0100 »

I believe they were offering it free if you bought there previous title for a limited period. There is no demo or free version.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:16:49 PM +0100 »

Then I don't think I'll bother. I like the RRE way of doing business. Here's our sim, try it for free and if you like it you can buy as much (or little) content as you want/need.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:42 PM +0100 »

Not quite sure but reading on forum and Steam it looks like a one off price updates and addons are free, seems the Porsche cup was free.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 04:13:05 PM +0100 »

Will post a few screenshots later, f12 in game only small so not great quality.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:59:32 PM +0100 »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:03:39 PM +0100 by roguk » Logged
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 01:59:12 AM +0100 »

Hi Rog,
I've owned it since it was called Stock Car Extreme, or something like that. First thing that I did was complete a go kart championship against the AI. Now it is called Automobilista. I mostly do short test sessions with the boxer cup, formula Vee, and formula retro. I have only download the Road Atlanta track for it. I look forward to trying more tracks and cars. I have not tried racing online, but I've seen youtube video of Heusinkveld vs Hitman racing GSC Extreme. https://youtu.be/nEzZhLdjf2I

One thing nice about this game is that you can race with onboard graphics. I am not using a graphics card at the moment.

Automobilista has suggested that their first paid DLC will be called the Brit pack. http://www.virtualr.net/automobilista-june-development-update

This is turning into an expensive hobby. lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:05:00 AM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 12:47:39 PM +0100 »

Hi Walter Thanks for reply and info, DLC let the modders do tracks and cars, some very

good ones out at the moment, all latest sims seem to go this route. Tried online and it

works well many servers but few drivers. Graphics excellent just set up my nvidia card

per the manual and sim runs fine.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 04:42:14 PM +0100 »

I recommend it for anyone that is undecided. I have spent more time with this game than project cars, AC or RRE (when I had a graphics card). Automobilista is a lot of fun, but it is missing some important tracks. I look forward to the modders making more content. That being said, I also like the other sims in my library, and I do not think that this game could replace them. Each one has something that the other does not.

Sunday Driver
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 02:49:50 PM +0000 »

Automobilista v1.5 now out vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gtUbDHpR18  lots of tracks and mods at Racedepartment and Xtremefactor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com