Quarterly cost: �0

April 18, 2024, 03:47:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S30 Grenzlandring: July 29, 2016
July 29, 2016, 10:37:16 PM +0100 - Grenzlandring (1948-52) - UKGPL Season 30 (2016)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
McLaren M9A F1 1969 1 1:47.249
187.816mph
1 43:33.151
185.000mph
24 1:46.992
188.267mph
Dunlop  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
McLaren M7 (DFV) F1 1969 2 +1.209
185.722mph
2 +0.089
184.994mph
24 1:47.975
186.553mph
Goodyear  
GregT
 Team Baarf
Lotus 49 (1969) F1 1969 6 +2.858
182.941mph
3 +1:39.162
178.236mph
24 1:47.168
187.958mph
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
McLaren M9A F1 1969 5 +2.722
183.167mph
4 +1L
177.087mph
23 1:47.598
187.206mph
Dunlop  
bagrupp
 Team Groundhog
McLaren M9A F1 1969 3 +2.172
184.087mph
5 +19L
169.194mph
5 1:48.132
186.282mph
Disco
Dunlop  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
McLaren M9A F1 1969 4 +2.245
183.965mph
6 +20L
172.931mph
4 1:48.694
185.319mph
Disco
Dunlop  
60fps UKGPL8

BRM P126/139 F1 1969 7 7 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 30 Fun - 69X - Grenzlandring - Jul 29  (Read 4272 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2016, 05:51:04 PM +0100 »

S30 - Festival of Speed - 69X - Grenzlandring

Let's have some more high speed fun in the summer break!

We will race the 69X's at the Grenzlandring Wegberg 1952. Easy to learn and incredible fast...

You have a free car choice and no limit shift+r no s+g

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at IGOR
Race date = 29-07-2016
GPL mod = 69X
60fps patch used = 60fpsV1
Track dir = grnzland
Qualification = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race = race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~45 min -> 24 laps
Damage Model = INT
Replay = get here

Please restrict chat to emergency messages only, including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.
Using the "no letterbox" patch makes chat messages in car obsolete, so you better uncheck it in GPL options Wink

GLA and have FUN

Replay : https://www.sendspace.com/file/hph2uh

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 04:28:51 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 09:51:39 AM +0100 »

Except for the start, we only need the 5th (or 6th) gear, here !

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 06:50:28 PM +0100 »

Win10 install ate a lot of my stuff (games, passwords, and various system tweaks) and broke what it didn't eat (GPL and some other games). All recoverable, but with time, so I won't be there today. Have fun.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 06:59:12 PM +0100 »

W10  :'(  :'(  :'(

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:31:29 PM +0100 »

Sorry to learn of the grief, chaps.  You might find some help here...

http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.php?showtopic=38817

Good Luck!
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 09:30:37 PM +0100 »

Almost all of my issues are due to my habit of late-as-possible adoption of new OSs, and wanting to keep the old on a dual-boot setup until I have the new absolutely ready for prime time.

Having heard of problems some people are having getting Win10 to dual-boot, I knew it was going to problematic, and it has been. But Win7 re-appeared after one of my latest reboots :yay: (it had been MIA, and I was resigned to a Win10 only existence, but no more). So if it comes down to it, I've still got all my stuff available (just after a reboot).

As it is, I'm about 40% of the way to fully getting Win10 the way I like it. The upgrade process has been relatively painless (as far as M$ stuff goes), just getting all my apps and website passwords back in, fiddly crap joy. Lots of time before points races start up again, so no worries.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:46:17 AM +0100 »

Shucks!!! and after I paid Microsoft all that money to screw all my GPL competitors who fell for the Win 10 promise.  devil I shall be sending Arnold and Mabel around to Mr Gates' pad to ask for my £5 back!!!

Seriously though, glad that you recovered the situation Dean  Wink I am still running GPL on XP because my record of implementing upgrades and changes usually means I wreck everything. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" works best for me where computers are concerned.

Although my desktop PC which I use for GPL and gaming is on XP, I have an old laptop running Win7 and a new laptop running Win10. So most bases are covered. I cannot say that I like Win10 as it appears to want to work like a mobile phone? with apps, not programmes, and with a great many "automatic" actions that I find irritating and difficult to turn off. But that is probably just me being an old fart!

I had to fight off Microsoft's underhand attempts to force an upgrade on the Win7 machine, because I have some old CAD software that I use on that and the XP machine that will not run on Win 10. One evening I discovered that the "upgrade" had started even though I had always declined the offer!.
I did discover a small free download on the web that blocked that insistent "WIN 10 Free upgrade" window eventually and prevented it ever happening.

As with all old software, it still does what it always did and is able to do everything that I need. So why would I upgrade to a platform that will not support that old software and have to go out and spend approx £2k on a shiny new version of CAD , or ( as seems to be the Win10 method) pay monthly for the rest of my life and rent the same software that I currently own??.

I am slowly accumulating the hardware for a new desktop gaming machine, and will probably have to run that on Win 10  Huh, but I still have a full installation disc for Win 7, so not sure what I might do when the time comes. Maybe I will go over to Linux and Ubuntu avoid all of the Microsoft hassle?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 06:47:26 PM +0100 »

Fun race!  Smiley

Early fallers left me with a huge lead but Andreas, Axel, Dave, Bastian and Greg started to carve into it.  Greg very brave to use the PD Lotus which is well down on power and revolutions.  Ultimately, Axel broke free to pursue but with about an 8s lead and only four laps to go, I was home-free.  I decided to check up and wait.  I had no idea how many might join me in those last laps but at least Axel was fighting fit.  For the last three laps, it was a give-n-take slipstream duel and only decided in the last km.  Really keen to run side-by-side through the last corner!  Lost by a whisker!  BooHoo!  Smiley

Clive...  You use a CAD system?  Cool!  Smiley  I'm an old hand at it...30+ years as a machine design engineer; too old now, to be honest...and currently use DesignCAD software.  Dirt cheap...$100 CDN...and it can do 99-44/100% of anything most systems can.  Solid Works is very popular in these parts but only at a premium price.  I swear that most people in industry use SW cuz they don't know any better.
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 07:03:54 PM +0100 »

Congrats Axel and Doni!

I needed more practice. I didn't know how to use the tow properly.

I apologize Andreas. I feel like an idiot for wrecking you. I clipped a hay bale I had never seen before. One frame I had 4 wheels. The next frame, I had three. Sad I thought you may have bumped me. It felt similar. I didn't know where you were. I was confused. Then I forgot to keep driving and drifted into your path when I shouldn't have. Sad I hate spoiling somebody's fun like that.

4 wheels

Next frame, 3 wheels Sad

Some practice in the tow could have made this much more fun.

Thanks guys
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:08:49 PM +0100 by GregT » Logged

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 07:13:15 PM +0100 »

Did I say the upgrade had been fairly painless? Allow me to revise, in view of a tiny gem called dxwebsetup.exe.

That tasty little morsel was quite familiar to me in the pre-Vista (2010 and earlier) era, as you used it to make sure that all your DirectX stuff was up to date, but was never well publicized, so anyone non-tech savvy with a DX issue would be stumped until they found a guru (ie. me) to fix it for them. It got added to my preliminary support checklist (along with "did you turn the stupid thing off and back on?", etc.).

This DirectX update process was, at the time, done separately from other Windows stuff. When the unified Windows Update along, no more need to bother with that (so it faded into my memory banks, keeping company with other great stuff like dealing with DIP switches, jumpers, and IRQ conficts in a DOS4GW environment).

So, as I was going through the stuff I'd imported from my Win7 install, there were a few games (eg. Spintires) that failed to work due to missing dx9 files. "No problem", thinks I, "it's probably in the redistributable packages that came with the game..." so dig them out, try it, and ... no. Hmmmm.

OK, head online and search for one of the missing files, d3dx9_43.dll. Hey nifty, first result is from M$, entitled "D3DX9_XX.dll is missing. What do I do?". That should do it! It says I have to run dxwebstup.exe, available at a link provided. Click the link, and it takes me to ...

The Win10 main download page, as does every other link to it. M$ doesn't want you to put nasty old pus-filled DirectX9 files on your beautiful, fast, new, DX12 machine, so you can't even reach those pages if you're searching on a Win10 machine. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............

Fortunately, old drive has a copy (from XP days, by the filedate), so fire it up, it connects, says, "Oh, yeah, there's a bunch of stuff missing", spends eight entire seconds downloading about 60MB of files, "Computer needs to restart to finish updating files", hit "OK", and look at a "Preparing Windows, DON'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER" with a little spinny thing under.

An hour later, still "Preparing Windows, DON'T TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER" with a little spinny thing under. Oh for fs.

Half hour later (I've given up and am preparing for bed, "razzenfrazzendeal with this crap in the AM"), I hear a beep!! It's rebooting!! :squee:

TL;DR, everything's better and working, everything I've tried runs as well or better than in 7, and computer's about 80% set up the way I want it. And, yes, if I'd just gone and upgraded my Win7 install, instead of futzing around trying to get this dual-boot working, it probably would have much faster and easier. Will I learn from this for the next time? No.  Smiley
AnGex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 09:44:12 PM +0100 »

I apologize Andreas. I feel like an idiot for wrecking you. I clipped a hay bale I had never seen before. One frame I had 4 wheels. The next frame, I had three. Sad I thought you may have bumped me. It felt similar. I didn't know where you were. I was confused. Then I forgot to keep driving and drifted into your path when I shouldn't have. Sad I hate spoiling somebody's fun like that.

Don´t worry to much, Greg. All in all it was Fun. So lets move on to Assen. Not far away from Grenzlandring/Wegberg.

Get up, stand up: stand up for your right!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 09:15:18 AM +0100 »

Clive...  You use a CAD system?  Cool!  Smiley  I'm an old hand at it...30+ years as a machine design engineer; too old now, to be honest...and currently use DesignCAD software.  Dirt cheap...$100 CDN...and it can do 99-44/100% of anything most systems can.  Solid Works is very popular in these parts but only at a premium price.  I swear that most people in industry use SW cuz they don't know any better.

I was an Autocad addict going back to win 3.1 !! Kind of fell into that by chance when I changed my job back in the early 80's and was an old school draughtsman on a board with parallel motion, square etc ......try and tell the young kids today about that way of working and designing with pencil and rubber and dyeline printing!!!!
I was in the fabrication and welding side of engineering, having come up through the ranks as a welder ( tig,mig and stick on all metals ) and moving between office/workshop and site supervision as required.
Then in the 80's I moved to a company working within the food processing industry, designing and manufacturing stainless steel conveyors and custom machinery, and shortly after I joined them they bought a CAD system at an auction............then we had fun trying to use it without a manual!! and back then there was no w.w.w. to search!!!
23 yrs doing that, made redundant, joined a small fabrication co as a partner/director making one off structures for the Exhibition Industry..Rolls Royce Aero, McLaren Cars were the big names.
Then at the end of May I decided that I tried working hard for 50 yrs and maybe there was an alternative.....so I retired  Grin  I have never been so busy!!! Don't know how I found time for work??!! Roll Eyes

I agree about Solidworks being popular, as we were constantly pestered by companies wanting to sell us the package, but our old Autocad did everything that we needed, plus a lot more stuff that we never used. The problem was that the older version of Autocad 14 that we used would not run on Win 7 and was consigned to work on my desktop PC on XP, so we constantly had problems integrating my PC into the lan in the office. In the end I installed it on my home PC, which is why I have stuck with XP for GPL too.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 12:15:45 PM +0100 »

I watched the replay. two not very smart moves, dave.
as you critize my driving that much.
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 01:32:11 PM +0100 »

I watched the replay. two not very smart moves, dave.
as you critize my driving that much.

Sorry for the two incidents.

For the first incident, I was very close behind you when you loose control in a turn and accident was unavoidable for me with the high speed of our cars .
But OK, we can say I was responsible of this one.   

For the 2nd incident, we were very close side by side as I was overtaking you, when I saw your car coming to my car on the right side ...and from my point of view you are responsible, but I could be wrong !

On such a track, we have to use the tow/slipstream to go faster, so it's better to cooperate and not try to block the other driver. It's better for both drivers.

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 02:30:52 PM +0100 »

Well i was looking at the second one in third person view, and it seems to me that you come to towards me
when I look at the distance between me and the road markation line on the right which stays nearly even.

It should have a another person looking at it but its a fun race so it don't matter- at least it was no birthday present
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com