by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 09:59:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL TC-65 Fun Race: March 24, 2006
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL TC-65 Fun Race - 24th March  (Read 2594 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2006, 08:17:17 PM +0000 »

TC-65 Fun Race

Free car choice within the TC-65 class.

ALL SimRacing.org.uk members welcome.

Date: Friday 24th March

Practice: 8:15pm (30 mins)
Qual: 8:45pm (30 mins)
Race: 9:15pm (18 laps)

Track: Mondello Park International
Race Time Of Day Setting: 12:00

Server: SimRacing.org.uk(UKGTL)

The start procedure will be ROLLING START as per UKGTL Season 0-B and 0-C.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:12:07 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 10:31:01 PM +0000 »

Goodie.
Count me in for this one Smiley
will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:46:43 PM +0000 »

i'll be there hopefully - mrs permitting...

Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 10:13:06 AM +0000 »

I should be there as well - don't know what I'll be taking though, it's a toss-up between the Lotus, the Alfa or the Mini... might plump for the mini as I've not driven that in a while (or any of the TC-65 cars really.  Don't really fancy any of the heavier cars on Mondello - I'll leave that up to the peeps with skill than I!
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:02:55 PM +0000 »

U telling me I should take the Mustang then Adam? Wink Tongue

T
Adam Parle
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 02:18:14 PM +0000 »

You may take whatever you wish ... I wouldn't fancy taking the 'Stang, but an Insane Penguin???  That might be a different story!  You lot aren't renound for going with the safe/sensible option  Grin.

I just need to get my arse in gear and get BCP Racing off the ground (as for what BCP stands for ... trade secret I'm afraid Wink)
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 02:41:58 PM +0000 »

Going to miss this one unfortunately, shame as I haven't driven the Cortina for ages. |Have a good race.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Adam Parle
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 09:43:10 PM +0000 »

I HATE MY F*****G ANTIVIRUS!!!!!!!

Was having a good race in the mini, although cocked up a corner to lose 3 positions, still having a good tussle and trying to chase doen Flibri and Greg130 when I got an antivirus update come through as I came round the bend towards the pit entrance and one hefty dose of 1fps and I went straight into the wall.....and swore a lot at the computer.

Still, the server seemed okay up till then.

Shame, I was really enjoying blatting around Mondello in the Mini.  Well happy with my qualifying lap though.

Anyway, enough whining, I'm off to reconfigure my antivirus so I don't have to wake the neighbours with a torrent of "F" words again....
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:13:03 PM +0000 »

I just CTRL+ALT+DEL all of my anti-virus and spyware stuff Adam before booting the game. A pain but probably worth it- especially when the series starts!

Great race, Q 4th and drove hard with me just edging away from 5th and 2nd and 3rd fighting away in front of me for most of the race. A couple of mistakes by Shark saw me close in and then overtake him and we had a great last couple of laps with me defending the 3rd for the last 5 or 6 corners and Shark cheating, sorry beating me with about 3 corners to go  Wink Grin Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 10:13:30 PM +0000 »

Really enjoyed that. Like many of you hadn't touched GTL in ages, forgot how close the racing can be. Shame we didn't have a few more in Smiley
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:21 PM +0000 »

Great race, Q 4th and drove hard with me just edging away from 5th and 2nd and 3rd fighting away in front of me for most of the race. A couple of mistakes by Shark saw me close in and then overtake him and we had a great last couple of laps with me defending the 3rd for the last 5 or 6 corners and Shark cheating, sorry beating me with about 3 corners to go  Wink Grin Grin

LOL. Had a great battle with EdamSpeed for the first 10 laps or so, then I decided to showboat a bit as the TC-65s are so much fun and get the thing sideways as often as possible. Unfortunately for me I only had the skill to do that 90% of the time and spun which put Edam a way ahead. Then spun again to get PaulW not far behind and the spun again to let PaulW through. Then worked my butt off driving properly the last 3 laps to catch and pass PaulW. It was touch and go at the end and when i made my dive for it with 3 corners to go and had to take to the grass to get round the inside (tee hee). Was really chucking it around behind PaulW catching him but in a much more controlled manner try to utilise every part of the track. Was really great trying to take different lines to get better runs, you have so much time to play with the car, the throttle and little dabs of the brake to get it to turn and so on.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 10:29:02 PM +0000 »

Another lonely race, but still had fun chucking the Cortina around. I started with the Alfa, but from the looks of things I was going to be too quick so I went out for the Cortina, which is a sec and a bit slower for me. It's easier to drive on the limit tho, which helped in the race. In theory I'd have like to go slower again and taken the mini, but I have done all of 5 laps ever in it and was well off the pace. I have no desire to drive the tanks either.

Are any more races scheduled?
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 10:52:41 PM +0000 »

Replay available if anyone wants it. I really enjoyed that too, NOT. Haven't played GTL since the first race of the GTC-GT 65 S0 Series but I remember now why I don't get on with it. It's probably me or the options I have set in the game but I can't get consistent braking. I can reach the turn in point with 20mph difference in speed from one lap to the next, seemingly braking at the same point.

I even deliberately locked up the brakes on a couple of occasions and stalled the engine without getting any squealing or smoke effects Sad That's not right.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 09:09:20 AM +0000 »

Replay available if anyone wants it.

Thanks, Picnic.

Funny sort of race really. Had to work very hard over the first few laps to keep FlyBri behind (excellent racing!) whilst also trying to stay with Don and Adam. When Adam slid wide that let Don through, after which I couldn't close the gap until he caught Greg. Unfortunately for them that ended in contact, gifting me 5th place.

After that I kept banging the laps in, built a little lead over FlyBri whose Alfa seemed to be a bit of a handful in the braking zones, but never made any impression on 4th place, so it all got a bit dull. At some point Greg got into 6th place so I had to keep plugging away to maintain my position but never saw anyone other than Picnic who was having a nightmare in the Mustank.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
FlyBri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 07:59:44 PM +0000 »

Replay available if anyone wants it.

Thanks, Picnic.

Funny sort of race really. Had to work very hard over the first few laps to keep FlyBri behind (excellent racing!) whilst also trying to stay with Don and Adam. When Adam slid wide that let Don through, after which I couldn't close the gap until he caught Greg. Unfortunately for them that ended in contact, gifting me 5th place.

After that I kept banging the laps in, built a little lead over FlyBri whose Alfa seemed to be a bit of a handful in the braking zones, but never made any impression on 4th place, so it all got a bit dull. At some point Greg got into 6th place so I had to keep plugging away to maintain my position but never saw anyone other than Picnic who was having a nightmare in the Mustank.

Yeah good racing there Dave, very consistant laps m8. Enjoyed our battle in the earlier laps, good clean racing. Im sorry i couldnt keep up in the end, i just pushed too hard and cooked the tyres.

GTRank name=Brian Fairley   www.28cd.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com