The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 06:41:18 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2BSS Nuerburgring: August 31, 2016
August 31, 2016, 09:48:29 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (GP) - UKAC Season 2 Blancpain Sprint
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 1 1:53.729
---
1 51:02.755
---
26 1:55.264
---
Michelin  
nfsw55

Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 3 +0.892
---
2 +1.524
---
26 1:55.371
---
Michelin  
Georg Siebert

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 2 +0.379
---
3 +2.557
---
26 1:54.968
---
Michelin  
Maikel K.

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 4 +1.415
---
4 +14.155
---
26 1:55.483
---
Dunlop  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 5 +2.081
---
5 +45.160
---
26 1:56.244
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Bentley Continental GT3 GT3 6 +2.255
---
6 +56.505
---
26 1:56.743
---
Pirelli  
garyjpaterson

Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 8 +2.844
---
7 +1:09.664
---
26 1:57.286
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 10 +3.996
---
8 +1:15.329
---
26 1:57.042
---
Pirelli  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 9 +3.099
---
9 +1:20.531
---
26 1:56.175
---
Michelin  
picnic
 Team Shark
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 11 +4.193
---
10 +1:28.378
---
26 1:57.582
---
Pirelli  
PaulMcCloud

BMW Z4M GT3 12 +5.619
---
11 +2:20.687
---
26 1:59.183
---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Bentley Continental GT3 GT3 14 +2:34.072
---
12 +1L
---
25 1:58.967
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 13 +6.583
---
13 +14.129
---
25 1:59.775
---
Dunlop  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 7 +2.435
---
14 +22L
---
4 1:57.321
---
Michelin  
SirVanhan

Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 DNS ---
---
Michelin  
Brocookie

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Luka Peklaj

BMW Z4M GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Sutol

McLaren MP4-12C GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
keikojoe

McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Glen VW
 Rookie Motorsports
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:53.729
---
Jeffrey
Qualifying
McLaren 650 GT3August 31, 2016, 09:48:29 PM +0100
A2BSS
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:54.968
---
Georg Siebert
Race
McLaren 650 GT3August 31, 2016, 09:48:29 PM +0100
A2BSS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 Blancpain Sprint - Nurburgring - Aug 31  (Read 11070 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 05:52:33 PM +0100 »

Damn, I was hoping to shorten it  Embarrassed As usual well spotted Jeff  Grin

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 06:51:10 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys thought I had edited it the other day but must have got distracted before I could  Embarrassed been to manic to check in this afternoon.

Yes 26 it is  Smiley

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 07:33:11 PM +0100 »

On ptracker in game. If you click on the app and get the expanded stuff and all, there's a tab with setup/players were you can send a setup to ptracker for everyone to download ( so public )

Thanks for sharing the setup however....... how to make one feel even more inadequate, just the 4 secs quicker than me...... I suck  Embarrassed

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 09:37:09 PM +0100 »

Mark, if you can, could you look at the start of lap 5 when we both overtook Kai. Unfortunately I drifted in to him and knocked him of the track and ruined his race. I waited but I think he had too much damage and retired. Happy to get a DQ as it was not fair on Kai as I ruined his evening.

Kai, really sorry for ruining your race and evening. Feel really bad as it was very poor driving by me. Sorry.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:07:32 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Michael Boylan

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:15 PM +0100 »

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 10:03:26 PM +0100 »

Phew, another great race.

There's just something about this track which invites lots of close racing, probably the very few overtaking spots.
Nice to see how clean the start was, managed to stay behind Georg for the first few laps, then Jeffrey had an off time and I was sandwiched between the McLaren's  Cool
Had to focus on not copying the braking points from them, still surprised I managed to keep up slightly in the first half of the race. ( though I absolutely massacred those tyres trying    Tongue )
Almost managed to park in the right spot at the pit this time, just overshot it by half a meter  Grin
Was too far back so decided to take it abit easier and just hope someone crashes infront  Grin

Still, had a few great battles with both McLaren's

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lj7wcabqscu0xt1/ks_mercedes_amg_gt3%40ks_nurburgring-layout_gp_b_20160831223144?dl=0
The replay is over 700mb this time, seems they made the quality abit better after the update. Also, they included the practise and qualify session  Roll Eyes
So skip ahead to the 1 hour mark for the race  Grin

Btw Jeffrey, did you only pit for tyres? I didn't even think of that strategy  Cool  Nice comeback to first
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:08:03 PM +0100 by Maikel K. » Logged
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 10:06:21 PM +0100 »

Well that was a race with highs and lows.

Wanted to get into the 53's during qually, as I expected that to be needed to try and get pole. The first 2 runs, I messed up my first timed lap, but for some reason, the softs survived a lot better than they did before. So I was able to get a 2nd timed lap out of them to set some times.

Had a good start, but went in to turn 1 a bit too cautiously. Had cars left right and almost centre and lost a position to Georg. Was able to get that back in turn 3 and 4. I might have scared Georg with my line into turn 3, but that's how I saw the pro's do it in MJ's video, so I just copied it  Grin.

At the end of lap 2, I had nfsw's Nissan behind me, going onto the s/f straight. I remember looking behind and thinking, he is too far away, I don't need to defend, when all of a sudden, his car comes rubberbanding past like I am standing still  Shocked . Was able to follow him for a few laps as his ping went down again, but halfway through the first stint, I was right on his tail when his ping was back upto 150. His car slowed down more than normal in turn 7 and I tapped his rear, sending me spinning and getting aero damage. Luckily, the damage is less when you hit a lagging car, so it only cost me a few tenths per lap.

But it dropped me behind Maikel and Georg with a damaged car, good luck getting past them now  Tongue. Maikel had a few gymkhana moments, getting that Merc really sideways. At some point he drifted through turn 11, and I thought, I'll go left. Then his car swooped back, which got me thinking, uhm, okay, I'll go right then  Cheesy.

At that point I was in 3rd and around 6 seconds behind the leader. I knew I didn't have the pace anymore with the damage to go for a straight up fight. So I gambled and opted for a no tyre change pitstop and just fuel. After the stop, I came out of the pits 10 seconds ahead of nfsw, but with stone cold and worn tyres  Shocked. So that lead quickly decreased to 7,5 seconds, with around 12 laps to go.

I knew I had to make the first few laps count, while my tyres were still kinda okay. Nfsw's fastest lap at that time was a 55.3, so I guessed he was doing steady mid 55's from that point on. With the lead I had and the laps to go, I was aiming for a loss of 0,5s a lap. I had to get low 56's lap times, or else I wouldn't make it.

Was able to kinda het those laptimes, but lost a second while lapping somebody, which really made things tight for the rest of the race.

Laptimes remained pretty stable in the low 56's untill the end, when I backed off, as the tyres were pretty worn and I didn't want to throw it away now.

Happy with the win after getting annoyed with the crash at the beginning.

For future GT3 series, a race length of 55 minutes or so might be ideal for different strategies. Shorter and not changing tyres will be best, longer and the race would be too long for 1 set. Might liven things up with the strategy, as now you never reach worn tyres with 2x30 minute stints  Smiley (Just an idea).

Grats Maikel and not finishing 3rd this time  Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 10:10:49 PM +0100 »

Mark, if you can, could you look at the start of lap 5 when we both overtook Kai. Unfortunately I drifted in to him and knocked him of the track and ruined his race. I waited but I think he had too much damage and retired. Happy to get a DQ as it was not fair on Kai as I ruined his evening.

Kai, really sorry for ruining your race and evening. Feel really bad as it was very poor driving by me. Sorry.

Sorry to put the boot in but yes I did see that in my mirror and shouted (to myself) 'what are you doing?!' It did look very clumsy and unnecessary on a wide straight  Sad it was a real shame as I was really enjoying the close fight with both of you. I'm afraid it will have to be a penalty.

I was also not impressed with having my last two flying laps ruined by someone having contact at the pit exit during qualifying, especially when I'm in such a close battle with someone who then qualified ahead of me  Sad What happened there?

Had a good race chasing my nemesis for most of it but just couldn't close enough and made small errors costing time as I was pushing the car as hard as I could. It was an understeery brute tonight. I was drenched in sweat at race end! Annoying thing was I was only 2 secs behind at the pit stop but Simons car was parked in the bay before mine and I lost several seconds getting my car into the proper slot to activate the pit crew. Emerged 8 secs behind  :'(

6th felt a poor finish for the effort but enjoyed the chase. Shame my two closest rivals early on had the incident or it may have been a humdinger until the chequered flag.

Big congrats to the closely fought podium, you guys were on it and very close  Cool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 10:19:10 PM +0100 »

Annoying thing was I was only 2 secs behind at the pit stop but Simons car was parked in the bay before mine and I lost several seconds getting my car into the proper slot to activate the pit crew. Emerged 8 secs behind  :'(

I would have been in the bay behind you, Shark was in the one behind me. However, you do know you can drive through other cars in the pitlane don't you? Shark was in his spot when I came in and I'd have never got in my spot without making use of this feature.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 11:03:48 PM +0100 »

That was a crazy race...

Qualified P3 (wtf this McLaren pace Shocked Grin), but was able to overtake Georg after two turns and Jeffrey soon after in lap 2. After Jeffrey's tires were warm enough he once again challenged me really hard. He came so close to me in every corner, but I escaped on the straights Cheesy Sorry for lagging again, for the second time now, if I can't get it sorted out before next week I'll probalbly skip the last round, I don't want to annoy anyone for a third time. But I'm definately looking for a solution until next season.
Our little accident in turn 7 probably was't due to any lag, Jeff, I overshot this corner a bit and braked way more than in the previous laps. Nevertheless, I guess this was bad luck for both of us.
After that I had a little gap to Georg in P2 and was able to hold the position. After the pitstops I found myself back in P2, as Jeffrey obviously didn't change his tires during the stop. I also thought about this strategy before the race but the Nissan has a higher tire wear and would't survive a 26 stint with only one set of tires xD
I still hoped to catch Jeffrey again, but after a few laps I realised that this probably won't happen.
Some overlapped cars and some mistakes from my side made me look more into my rear mirror than forward to Jeff.
At the end it was very close between P1-P3, happy with that as the McLarens were faster than me, again Cheesy
I already did a league race a few months ago with the Nissan at Barcelona and it was a pure nightmare  Grin , so I don't expect much from the next race. But as I said, maybe it's better for everyone if I skip this round Huh

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:51:21 PM +0100 by nfsw55 » Logged
kaifos

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2016, 07:51:27 AM +0100 »

I understand that it was an accident so you really don't need to so sorry, and DQ is not really necessary. Anything can happen during a race after all.
Car took enough damage that I lost all control so I decided to retire at that point, I couldn't straighten the steering wheel and all windows broke so visibility was blurred.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2016, 08:24:13 AM +0100 »

Happy birthday Kai  Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2016, 09:32:00 AM +0100 »

Great to see that any of the top 3 could still win the series with one race remaining  Cool

Me and Shark are still locked into a fight for 'best of the rest' with only 1 point between us after 9 rounds  Shocked

Georg and Kai would no doubt be making it a 5 way battle for the championship if they had contested more rounds so it's been a very closely fought series.  thumbup1

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2016, 10:59:39 AM +0100 »

Fun race, nothing special though. I kinda hate the track, so glad I finished where I did tbh.

Felt decent in practice, though everyone around me managed to find much more time in qualy than I could, so started 8th.

Start was ok, though I had someone make a wee but of contact on lap one; in a real GT3 race it'd be nothing but in AC it managed to hurt my top speed a bit  laugh Was a bit annoyed at the time but passed them when the contact happened ahead.

Felt good in the first stint, had Spanner really pushing for what felt like an age, but he tailed off a bit and I could breath. Went into the pits and I bloody missed my box!  laugh Had to reverse back into it, lost some time and therefore Spanner got ahead of me!

The first few laps felt good, and I was right behind, trying to keep the pressure on. Wasn't long till he span, and just as well from my view because after that I had no pace. Spanner was well and truly faster than me and catching, and I was falling off from Jonzo at a rate of knots. Luckily I had enough of a gap to keep 7th, and overall happy enough to collect a few points.

Also I think its the first race that I managed to not spin, although I did make a couple of detours to check the grass was well kept  angel

I notice a few people were getting these penalties on the Ptracker thing, what does this actually do? It sometimes says X didn't serve their penalty, how do you serve one and do you get another for not serving the first one?

Anyway, good close race up front once again, looking forward to the conclusion next week of my first ever league/race season. Wouldn't mind joining the next one Smiley

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2016, 01:03:20 PM +0100 »

I understand that it was an accident so you really don't need to so sorry, and DQ is not really necessary. Anything can happen during a race after all.
Car took enough damage that I lost all control so I decided to retire at that point, I couldn't straighten the steering wheel and all windows broke so visibility was blurred.

Thanks Kal for being understanding but I do feel really bad as it was totally unacceptable and poor driving on my part. I think I was so focused on getting Mark's draft that I didn't notice I was drifting over and the track kinking slightly. It's not fair to have ruined your race and your evening so I think some kind of strong penalty is needed for sure. Really sorry again.

Michael Boylan

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com