The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:05:51 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugbear's "Wreckfest"  (Read 8992 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2016, 12:51:09 PM +0100 »

Still in it's Alpha infancy but it's worth a look. For instant gratification it cannot be beaten. Circuits include tarmac, gravel, ovals, Figure 8's and bowls. Good choice of generic cars which can be upgraded with sporty bits and pieces as you progress. The cars and scenery all smash up amazingly and the sound effects are very good. Buy from Bugbears site as it's cheaper that way than directly from Steam. Bugbear provide a code which you then use on the Steam site. One to watch for sure.
50% off but offer ends today http://www.wreckfestgame.com/

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 08:54:30 PM +0100 »

I got this early on in a Steam sale, but admittedly haven't tried it recently (probably not since the end of last year). I'll fire it up again and see how it's coming on.
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:02:45 AM +0100 »

Hi Tony ... offer extended to 30/09/2016, tried this about a year ago very early version and looked fun, but did not work with my logitech wheel and pedals, does it support pc wheel and pedals now?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:48:50 AM +0100 »

It worked with my G27 instantly. Although I had to decrease the steering sensitivity setting by a long way.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:53:33 AM +0100 »

hi Tony Thanks for reply.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:59 PM +0000 »

Thought I'd bump this - I got this when it appeared in Alpha and despite a fairly bumpy development it's starting to move along nicely again now.
I need to try it online now but offline I've been having a blast.

If we get enough local drivers this would definitely be one for league racing once it's finished  Grin
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 09:02:06 PM +0100 »

Currently 50% through Steam, ending 19th June.
So £12.49 or £16.49 for deluxe edition.

Or deluxe upgrade for existing owners: £4.99

Cheers,
Dave.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 08:59:29 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I'll have a look later.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:37:42 PM +0000 »

Massive update today. It even has a championship mode!  Shocked
I'm saving for the Volvo 240GLT clone at the moment just because I suspect it'll be very funny to drive  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 05:17:32 PM +0100 »

I thought I should re-bump this as the Game has now exited alpha and been released.
It's an absolute hoot to play now, I haven't been online yet but am fairly sure that if the net code is any good it'll be a blast.

So, onto the real question: How many on here have it and will we be able to sort some sort of race?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:58:11 AM +0100 »

I bought it a while ago but haven't run it in ages. I found it's appeal a bit limited. The cars do crash well but that's it. How would you envisage it working online (multiplayer)? Demolition derby perhaps?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 05:06:14 PM +0100 »

Full contact Derby races. Personally I'm not a fan of the last one standings smash ups
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 06:54:53 PM +0100 »

Full contact Derby races. Personally I'm not a fan of the last one standings smash ups
Hmmm I have my doubts about it's longevity though. Most want to race to win and causing spectacular crashes is of secondary interest IMO. Be interested in what others think.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 07:43:26 PM +0100 »

That's the beauty of it though, you can use any means you like to win.
My current favourite is using the smallest car in the race as my brakes for the slowest corner on any given track Grin

I wouldn't think anyone playing this would take it over seriously, it's a laugh - if someone can be good at it I'll be quite surprised!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:43 AM +0100 »

I had a go last night - indeed a laugh and a bit of fun, but after the update I now can't get my shifter to work with my wheel, and seem to be stuck with auto box. Need to spend a bit of time on it I guess. I prefer the racing to the demolition, last one standing type events.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com